Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 318192021222324252627282930313233343536373853 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 14.10.17 released]

Destin, are you getting the crashed on the sengoku in your computer also?? how is it going to solve it?

Artifex

I'm still tweaking the CAI. Besides, I also have to add the new souhei (Toudai-ji, Koufuku-ji, Mii-dera and Usa-jinguu) and the Satsuma nodachi unit to the game. Afterwards, I will start a Sengoku test campaign. Let's see if it dares to crash.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; November 02, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Hi

Great Mod btw

I think I know why the sengoku campaign crashes, its because naginata ashigaru have zero campaign movement points

With my limited modding skils, I opened the pack file manager, changed their movement points from 0 to 15 and voila! no more crashes! (at least for me)

Hope this helps!

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by icenisuebi View Post
    I think I know why the sengoku campaign crashes, its because naginata ashigaru have zero campaign movement points

With my limited modding skils, I opened the pack file manager, changed their movement points from 0 to 15 and voila! no more crashes! (at least for me)
    Thank you very much! You're absolutely right, the value must not be 0 and it is most likely the cause of the crash. How could I miss that?
    You've earned yourself a special place in the credits.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Hi there mate,

I just have to say that the combat, at least from the part I've played (sengoku only), is going to a direction that I think it's great! I'm from the same opinion that the holywoodesque samurai where they only specialized in one weapon and could not (this one is for me the most ridiculous) defend themselves in melee from a foot unit if they fought with bow an arrow is just ridiculous they were trained in all forms of combat after all, even if some favored one certain weapon. I also think that the excuse for cavalry from vanilla is also too dam weak, to a point it's almost useless and although they had smaller horses than the European counterpart the horseman was a force to be reckon with.

I'm starting to rambling... what I'm trying to say this is it! Samurai are less in number but are the elite, even today they are regarded, among others, as perfect warriors but still if they run towards a well organised formation of spears they will be deterred. That was indeed why ashigaru started to be used in increasing numbers, 1º more numerous then the warrior class 2º could be equiped cheaply with weapons that could be used effectively with little training and that worked well in formations - a thing alien to the "duelist" samurai.

This mod is getting 1st in my best mod list for the fun I had with it.

My best wishes I'm looking forward to be seeing this on "hosted modifications" and for the final release.

P.S: will provide help in detecting and reporting bugs I would help in another more direct way but I fail so miserably at modding.

Is it possible add a life story to the family members? Daymios are old, and their sons are about 40 but haven't wifes no children.... I asked a friendly daymio for daughter to mariage my son (old maid, 38) but he refused despite he likes me very much. I'm afraid my dynasty will end soon.
    Last edited by dhaalque; November 04, 2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: mistake
    Of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm mad but not ill.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    Thank you very much! You're absolutely right, the value must not be 0 and it is most likely the cause of the crash. How could I miss that?
    You've earned yourself a special place in the credits.
    Hi Destin is what icenisuebi talking is campaign action point from unit table ?
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; November 04, 2014 at 07:44 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by junaidi83 View Post
    Hi Destin is what icenisuebi talking is campaign action point from unit table ?
    Yes, it's the units table.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I see thanks for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    I'm still tweaking the CAI.
    Since you tweak the CAI maybe this will help a little, to what degree i dont know,but at least i past my knowledge even into form of silly tutorial before i leave the modding scene for good.Thanks for all the help Destin
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Destin, are you planning to launch the fix this week?? Just askin, Im not sure I start a genpei campaign now or wait for the next version.. anyway, is it going to be compatible with savegames?? Thanks

Artifex

Finally solved tha last start_pos crash, so here's the new version:
    - 16 new souhei for the Sengoku campaign and 12 new souhei for the Genpei campaign:
    Yamato province: Koufuku-ji and Toudai-ji
    Oumi province: Mii-dera
    Buzen province: Usa-jinguu
    - the Satsuma regional no-dachi unit
    - experimental CAI improvements -> better building desire table; besides, the CAI should now favor buildings over recruitment (to earn more money for future upkeep costs).
    - missing souhei uniform colour entries were readded
    - Sengoku crash fix
    - Thanks to weirdoascensor, I managed to improve the ship sink thresholds as well as the relationship between wind direction and ship speed
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; November 08, 2014 at 05:59 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 14.11.08 released]

destin, its crashing here whenever I try to start a campaign...

I confirm as well that FoTS and the Sengoku campaign crash at first loading screen.

it's either on scripting.lua, startpos.esf or the rules one.. I deleted the campaign folder from the mod and it worked...

Artifex

It's not scripting.lua, that's for sure. Startpos.esf must be the culprit, but it compiled without any problems. So far, I couldn't spot any errors.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Too bad the mod is crashing at the beginning atm, I will come back as soon it is fixed.
    BTW: Is it working as intended that some of the helmet decorations of the leaders (when you select the faction in the campaign) are looking strange (wrong transparency of the background maybe?) ?
    Too bad I can't help (more engineer than artist), but thank you for your work to bring the game to some grade of realism.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DerUhu View Post
    Too bad the mod is crashing at the beginning atm, I will come back as soon it is fixed.
    It's really surprising as I didn't change much besides the region resources. Moreover, the start_pos compiled fine and without any error messages. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. At the moment, I'm redoing the start_pos files from scratch to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by DerUhu View Post
    BTW: Is it working as intended that some of the helmet decorations of the leaders (when you select the faction in the campaign) are looking strange (wrong transparency of the background maybe?) ?
    I'm using Bullgod's daimyo models which work well ingame, but have some slight texture problems on the faction selection screen. Please ignore it.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Crash at turn 10 during Miyoshi AI turn.
    The same with Date.

Sorry, used previous version. With the last version (8.11) the game stucks on the campaign start (both Shogun 2 and RotS).

Artifex

These campaign crashes are very mysterious. Sooner or later, I'll find out what's wrong.
    Besides, I've just deleted NSA-Dropbox. When I manage to fix the error, I'll immediately upload the new version to SpiderOak.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; November 11, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism