Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1105

Thread: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Yo! I was just wondering if you are still working on this mod. It seems really cool and I'm currently downloading it to try it out. I'd just hate to see this fallout and become a dead mod. Thanks for what you've already done and hope you can do more.

Artifex

I am still working on the mod, but I just can't master the final hurdle: high quality troops are still too weak compared to lower quality troops.
    50 Yari Samurai with 46 armour, 69 hit chance, 60 charge attack, 74 defense and 8 shield lose against 100 Katana Kaizoku with 42 armour, 53 hit chance, 30 charge attack and 58 melee defense
    I use steps of 10 attack, charge and defense between quality levels.
    Maybe I should check if it is possible to use three-digit-values. I presume 100 is the max value, but who knows?
    At least melees are very long now.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by cowcow View Post
    i'm using this mod for a fots campaign as the saga (artillery clan) and i can't seem to find a way to start the artillery building chain. i thought maybe i had to modernize but i got to level 3 and i still couldn't build even a cannon range. is artillery not in the game or am i missing something?
    Your mod is really interesting and full of excellent ideas. I played both Sengoku and FOTS campaign and I have some troubles :

- Moral needs to be balanced. I like to use my cavalery to flanks, but frequently, my units gave up because they are "flanked" ... but in fact, I have the terrain possession, even behind their lines. So it gave me many hard time and new strategies against bigger armies. Same for many other units, moral is too easy to collapse, for both sides.
    - In FOTS, I can't build boats, for reason I don't know. When I launched a boat construction, there is only a sandglass, not a turn remaining. I have military ports, so I don't understand what happen.
    - How to build cannon range building ? I am playing Jozai, and I have to option to build it. I am third level of modernisation.

Suggestions ?
    - I like the map of Master of Ambition, more provinces, more time to conquest. I don't know if you can manage later, but I just drop the idea here !

Here is the paper that I mentioned in an earlier post. I believe anybody can create MyJSTOR account.

http://www.jstor.org/stable/132532

To summarise the "tech tree" model can still be used, but in the sense of diffusion and policy changes rather than targeted research. All of the economic buildings will require research and upgrades, to simulate the advances and diffusion of technology. Thanks for working on the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFriks View Post

- In FOTS, I can't build boats, for reason I don't know. When I launched a boat construction, there is only a sandglass, not a turn remaining. I have military ports, so I don't understand what happen.
    Same here..

Artifex

Your mod is really interesting and full of excellent ideas.
    Thanks.

Moral needs to be balanced.
    My test version uses a new morale system.

In FOTS, I can't build boats, for reason I don't know.
    Strange. I hope that error won't return in my current version.

How to build cannon range building ?
    The arsenal should be the third building in the barracks building chain. I've merged them due to a lack of building slots in Shogun II (Rome II ist even worse).

I like the map of Master of Ambition, more provinces, more time to conquest.
    Does it use the expanded map mod? Some people claim it's too cramped to work properly. This has a very low priority as I have to come up with battle mechanics that work. Currently, I use moderate melee attack values, low defense and high armour stats. Battles are now much longer, but charge attack against heavily armoured units are rather useless and cavalry in melee is too strong. Otherwise, the new mechanics are quite interesting and guarantee longer battles.

UPDATE: I've uploaded the new combat mechanics to my NextCloud. The files are inside the "Combat Test" folder.
    Please test the custom battle mode to your heart's content. The campaign is still untouched. Note that I forgot to fix the Saint's and Heroes' stats. Also, there are still fantasy units, wrong uniforms and magic abilites around. They will be eliminated when I have added all the units I would like to use.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; December 28, 2017 at 07:22 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Thank you for your hard work, cannot wait to try the new release!

Keep up the good work! Still waiting for the next release

Please test the custom battle mode to your heart's content. The campaign is still untouched. Note that I forgot to fix the Saint's and Heroes' stats. Also, there are still fantasy units, wrong uniforms and magic abilites around. They will be eliminated when I have added all the units I would like to use.
    I'm not sure if I understand, is this updated combat mod for vanilla? Are you rebuilding the mod from scratch?

Artifex

I wasn't too happy with the old combat mechanics so I've been tinkering around with new ones. Give it a try.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Great job on this one! Had a great battle 3v3 with the AI, my men were around 4k and the enemy had around 3k, I used a combination of all units. It lasted around 30 mins and it was very close. I lost the battle because of my ally who lost the center and I got surrounded. Great fun!

But I noticed a bug with the general unit. The general when he is in combat he is falling off the horse and tries to roll on the ground then he appears back on the horse. It looks like an animation glitch. I see that the generals unit all have yaris but the general uses a katana, maybe this is causing the animation bug.

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    Great job on this one! Had a great battle 3v3 with the AI, my men were around 4k and the enemy had around 3k, I used a combination of all units. It lasted around 30 mins and it was very close. I lost the battle because of my ally who lost the center and I got surrounded. Great fun!

But I noticed a bug with the general unit. The general when he is in combat he is falling off the horse and tries to roll on the ground then he appears back on the horse. It looks like an animation glitch. I see that the generals unit all have yaris but the general uses a katana, maybe this is causing the animation bug.
    I noticed that too, the general just like to killing himself all the time.

Hi. i am having trouble installing the mod. I tried to follow the instruction on a Vanilla Shogun 2 but it doesn't work. i downloaded the rar folder from link to Nexcloud and after extracting it there are 3 folders. Backup, Combat Test and Documentation. i copied all the files in the Combat test folder to my game's Data folder but the mod doesn't work. i tried to use 7-Zip, Winrar and PowerIso to unpack the files but all three programs give me an error about Unable to open archive. Of course i notice after reading some of the posts that i am probably the only one with this problem but perhaps you can help me with this? i would really like to try your mod as Shogun 2 is by far my favorite total war game

Never mind it works now

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    UPDATE: I've uploaded the new combat mechanics to my NextCloud. The files are inside the "Combat Test" folder.

Destin, by "still untouched" do you mean from the previous version of the mod or still untouched from vanilla S2TW???

if the campaign is vanilla, it would not conflict with your combat changes correct??

Artifex

The vanilla campaign is untouched and should work. Of course, the new units won't be playable, but the rest should function.

Currently, I'm trying to get the Genpei campaign to work, but the game is giving me a hard time:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...esf&p=15585681

BOB won't save the startpos.esf file which means I can't implement the campaign changes. It doesn't even work with an unmodded game and a fresh Assembly Kit. It did work back on Windows 7, but as I have new hardware, I am forced to use Windows 10. Guess I'll upload the current files so that you can at least have fun with custom battle mode.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; May 14, 2018 at 10:59 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

It's a real shame to hear what happened. Is there any place you could post it, so that others could look through the files, to find a resolution?

Hey DF,,

I followed these instructions
    - Unpack the contents of the four 7zip-archives s2tr,
    s2tr_overwrite,
    s2tr_models,
    s2tr_realistic_gloss and
    s2tr_english into your Shogun 2/data folder.

- If you encounter the infamous soundbug, try installing the soundfix. If you use FotS Proper Languages, use the other soundfix file. Only pick one of them.
    - The mod is self-activating. If you don't want to use it, simply remove it from the data folder and put it somewhere else.

I also installed and not installed the soundfix

- Go to User/YourName/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun 2/ and delete the all folders besides maps, advisor_history and scripts. This prevents many problems.
    I did this as well.

Without the soundfix, it CTD almost immediately on the splash screen.
    With the soundfix, it stayed on the splash for a while. The cursor flashed a few times before CTD. I received a runtime error.

I do not have other mods. However, I was using a minor mod that I did not tick when trying to use your mod. The mod was directly downloaded from steam. If that makes a difference.

Good to see you still around!

Hi there!

I just want to confirm everything works as intended. Because I find strange, that for example recruting Yari Ashigaru takes 6 turns, but recruting a ship takes only 1 turn. Same building times remains rather short. Did I messed up something?

Btw. I started as Shimazu and I still have that swordsman school (or somethin like that), while katana warriors were supposed to not be recrutable in the mod (aside of some special, regional units with no-dachi).

EDIT: Ok, there is something wrong. Year takes same amount of turns as vanilla, campaign starts at 1545...

Do this mods has some speciffic requirements? Like "you need all DLCs", "You need to use english language version", or whatsoever? :/
    Last edited by Sherab; May 30, 2018 at 01:50 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ♔PikeStance♔ View Post
    I followed these instructions
    I also installed and not installed the soundfix
    Did you use the older version of my mod or the current test build?

@Sherab
    The current version is for battle mechanics testing only. The new campaign additions are not in place as I am unable to create a new startpos.esf file.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism