Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1105

Thread: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Thanku

I can't seem to find a working link, unfortunately. Does anyone have one?

Artifex

I've fixed the link.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Good day!

Any chance that expanded map mod be compatible with this?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Destin,

Is there any chance that you could update the campaign start date and game and adjust the daimyos accordingly? This would go a long way in making the current state of the mod more interesting, since I believe the mod is supposed to start a while after 1545. I really like what youve done with the battle-- the units sizes, etc. I realize you are a one man show, but this addition would much appreciated

Artifex

I haven't touched this game and my mod in a long time. Mostly due to being busy.
    Updating the daimyous and clans is something I've always wanted to do, but it's difficult as CA's starting quests for the sengoku jidai campaign interfere with it and I don't know how to change the script to get rid of them.
    The lack of crash logs is also a big nuisance. If something doesn't work, you have to check your changes and pray that you find the error.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

That's exactly the mod I've been looking for! How much "WIP" is it right now? I don't expect any update, as you made it clear that you are being busy elsewhere these days, but it would be nice to know if the mod as it stands now is somewhere near complete and playable, or if its more in an alpha or a beta state and I should expect some issues when playing it.

Artifex

Well, several weeks ago, I managed to get the Sengoku Jidai and the Genpei campaign running with dynamic unit caps. Boshin still needs some work. Balancing the unit and building prices, income, repression and unrest is going to be difficult and time-consuming.

Regarding unit caps:
    How many units per province would be adequate? 20?
    What do you think about separate unit caps for light, medium and big ships?
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Laetus

For ships I would definitely cap each ship type separately so the AI recruits for more diverse navies rather than heavy ship doom stacks that IÂ’m used to seeing in the late game. As for provinces I think a more dynamic historical approach per province would be more appropriate (I.e. higher cap on Cavalry units on the Kanto plain so clans such as the Takeda and Hojo are able to field more Cavalry in their armies than factions with less grazing land for horses such as the Chosokabe on Shikoku who fielded primarily infantry based armies).

lol I see you uploading somethings rn in the raw_data folder. This is my first time downloading the mod and already know that you still working on it. Thats pretty good.

Artifex

Currently, there are three ship pools: light, medium and large ships + pirate pools for the pirate regional special building.
    There are several pools for land units: ashigaru, samurai, artillery and warrior monks (only for Buddhist building chain).

Preferences can be realized via faction desirability table, so that Takeda and Houjou will prefer more cavalry. That reminds me that I am still thinking about what to do with cavalry. Japanese pony cavalry was not really suited for charge attacks, but the Kantou horsemen pulled it off. Maybe I need to add a second castle chain: Kantou castle chain. It would allow you to recruit decent samurai cavalry and adds some strategical value to the Kantou region.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

I am not sure if I installed the mod right, because on my Sengoku campaign the starting year is 1547 (or around it), years are longer but it doesn't seem to be 24 turns per year, (the year 1550 was really fast to pass by) and there were multiple seasons of the same type per year. Buildings such as the sword school and cavalry stables don't have any units showing on their cards that can be produced, I know that Katana Samurai are removed, but I was afraid to build these buildings and discover later that they are useless in the current state of the mod. Also, are ashigaru supposed to take 6 turns to recruit but samurai only 2?

Here's how I installed the mod: I had problems trying to download all the files at once, it would always stop at 2.3 gb and if I clicked to retry, it would try downloading everything again, so I just downloaded the s2tr files, then I downloaded the "FOTS Proper languages" and the "wind japanese fix (new japanese speech v1 on steam) on the Steam Workshop and not on the link provided in Nextcloud. Also, I am just downloading the Backup folder right now, as I play the game. Am I missing something important?
    Last edited by john_peter; May 21, 2020 at 06:06 PM.

Artifex

The version on my NextCloud ist outdated. I will upload a newer one when I have made decent progress. Currently, Sengoku Jidai and Genpei are working on my PC. Boshin is a bit more troublesome.

You only need the pack files. The Backup folder contains the Assembly Kit files necessary to restore the game in case I make an unfixable mistake.

Oh, you can actually use the semi-hidden fortification slot from Empire as 6th building slot for Shougun II!!! Now what building chain should I add?
    Current chains:
    Genpei: Castle, Clan, Barracks, Market, Religion
    Sengoku Jidai: Castle, Barracks, Market, Entertainment, Religion
    Boshin: Castle, Town, Barracks, Market, Propaganda
    Should I add a new building chain for each campaign or should I create a cheap building that stores regional special units, so the other UI windows won't be so cluttered with all the new units?
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; May 22, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

A building for regional special units sound nice . maybe be able to add rare units like nodashi,kanabo or horse archer to add some flavor but just one per settlement .

Turn 77 and most of the AI buildings are still basic/unupgraded. Anyone else running with this problem?

I cant edit my comment, just want to mention that I have installed these 5 files. s2tr.pack, s2tr_english.pack, s2tr_models.pack, s2tr_overwrite.pack, s2tr_realistic_gloss.pack.

Artifex

I presume it's the Sengoku Jidai campaign and that you are using a rather recent version of my mod.
    During the last days, I have added some campaign AI files to the packfiles including the one which tells the artificial idiot what buildings exist and what they are there for (military, happiness, economy etc.). Maybe that is the root of your problems?
    Sorry for the inconvenience, but could you redownload s2tr, s2tr_overwrite and s2tr_models in order to get the newest versions of these files?

By the way, what should I do with the Iga clan? Apparently, their province was occupied by the Oda clan in 1570. Maybe I should make the Miyoshi clan playable instead? They have five provinces in eastern Shikoku and to the west of Kyouto.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; June 09, 2020 at 03:08 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

I've fallen in love with this mod, the battles are so much fun. however in my game certain factions are unplayable, such as Date, 2 armies are stuck and immovable. Hope to see more though.

Hi Destin Faroda, when i play Shimazu Campaign, daimyo and one general stand same position, so i cant move them, is this bug ?

Artifex

Looks like there are some problems with the starting positions. I will have a look at it.
    And I'm sorry for the weird names of the new generals. The game doesn't want to show the correct names like Hashiba Hideyoshi, Shibata Katsuie, Toshiie Maeda etc.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism