Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3284344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1105

Thread: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Default Re: Shogun II Total Realism [Beta 15.10.02 released]

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    Did you use the older version of my mod or the current test build?
    I DL from the OP. I assume that is the most recent version.
    I think I discovered my own mistake.

Downloads:
    Download the mod from my personal NextCloud

Installation Instructions:
    - Unpack the contents of the four 7zip-archives; s2tr, s2tr_overwrite, s2tr_models, s2tr_realistic_gloss and s2tr_english into your Shogun 2/data folder. You need the most current version of 7zip.
    - If you encounter the infamous soundbug, try installing the soundfix. If you use FotS Proper Languages, use the other soundfix file. Only pick one of them.
    - The mod is self-activating. If you don't want to use it, simply remove it from the data folder and put it somewhere else.
    - Go to User/YourName/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun 2/ and delete the all folders besides maps, advisor_history and scripts. This prevents many problems.
    I didn't catch that was a file and for some reasons, I never connected to the list of files. I put the semicolon in.

I give it another go and let you know.

Yo destin the gameplay is pretty solid

but a bug report:Naginata ashiguaru unit cards are missing.

I really like this mod! But i recently installed this and the game still on 4 turns per year (instead of 24). Is there something I missed here? Please help

OP's link doesn't work. Could someone reupload?

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Agema Ippeon View Post
    OP's link doesn't work. Could someone reupload?
    My NextCloud was corrupted during a normal update process. I've now installed version 14 from scratch and need to reupload everything. With DSL 6.000, it's going to take a while though.
    The latest files are up and the new link was put into the opening post.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; September 23, 2018 at 07:35 AM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

I really like the mod, great game mechanics. On the visual aspect, do you intend to make any changes towards realism? I noticed, for example, that choshu still use that grey and yellow theme. Do you intend to incorporate any uniform mods to make them more realistic?
    Thanks for your effort!
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Artifex

Thanks. Did you notice any weird behavior? I think cavalry is sometimes too strong and sometimes too weak. Unfortunately, I'm not as brilliant as JaM when it comes to combat mechanics, but I'll do my best to further improve them.

With theme, do you mean the uniform colors? It's possible that I have overlooked them.

The uniforms should be quite realistic. I changed many according to the pictures in the book "Japanese Military Uniforms 1841-1929" from Ritta Nakanishi.

I don't really understand what's going on with Windows 10, but sometimes the modding tools work and sometimes they don't. Several days ago, I was able to compile the Genpei campaign! Then Tweak didn't work and now it does again.
    Last edited by Destin Faroda; October 05, 2018 at 06:25 PM.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks. Did you notice any weird behavior? I think cavalry is sometimes too strong and sometimes too weak. Unfortunately, I'm not as brilliant as JaM when it comes to combat mechanics, but I'll do my best to further improve them.

With theme, do you mean the uniform colors? It's possible that I have overlooked them.

The uniforms should be quite realistic. I changed many according to the pictures in the book "Japanese Military Uniforms 1841-1929" from Ritta Nakanishi.

I don't really understand what's going on with Windows 10, but sometimes the modding tools work and sometimes they don't. Several days ago, I was able to compile the Genpei campaign! Then Tweak didn't work and now it does again.
    Not sure about cav, I will do further testing. Yeah, I mean the colours, the uniforms themselves are great. AFAIK most uniforms should be blue or black with some small features that show the domain. It would also be great to have some units with a "permanent" colour theme that does not change no matter the faction, for example shogunate and imperial troops, Shinsengumi etc.

The Sengoku Jidai factions could use some love too. And I don't mean that you should make it yourself, there are some pretty good mods out there that you could incorporate. An example that comes to mind is the Shimazu horrible green (includes the symbol).

Keep up the good work, your mod is amazing!

Edit: Regarding archery, from I have read there was a yuuuuge difference betweem the bows used by ashigaru and those used by samurai. I think that the samurai could use a buff in bow strength (in essence damage and range).

Edit 2: Cavalry is useless. They hold their own in combat but their charge is useless, usually causing no casualties at all even against nonspear units. I understand that you are trying to make battles last longer but the result is....weird and that appllies to the infantry as well. A battle between units without shields and medium armour should not last THAT long imho.
    Last edited by Elianus; October 08, 2018 at 04:40 AM.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    With the soundfix, it stayed on the splash for a while. The cursor flashed a few times before CTD. I received a runtime error.
    I'm having the exact same issue when using the files posted in OP

Tiro

I'm interested in trying this out, though two things I need some clarity on. I have Shogun 2 with the Ikko Ikki pack from Steam, and I do not have the Fall or the Rise campaigns. My version is 1.1.0 and it says on the main menu at the top right, build 5934.393228. Will this mod be compatible with what I have from Steam? If it so, then I need to ask if there are any alternative locations to download this mod. Whenever I have attempted it, it starts reasonably around 200kb/sec, but then goes into a coma of downloading literally nothing for a second or two and then bumps 80kb for one second, and I can see it only rising by 80kb in the total value.

Artifex

averages: The soundfix is the one released here on the forum. It should work without problems. Did you clean the AppData folder?@Bob69Joe: I presume the game should work nonetheless, just without the new campaigns, factions and units.Alternative download locations? I am using NextCloud as it is under my control and it features a Desktop app which allows resumable upload. My internet connection is slow and not always reliable (powerline), so I have to use that.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by averages View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue when using the files posted in OP
    Did you clean the AppData folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    Will this mod be compatible with what I have from Steam?
    I presume the mod should work nonetheless, just without the new campaigns, factions and units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    If it so, then I need to ask if there are any alternative locations to download this mod.
    Alternative download locations? I am using NextCloud as it is under my control and it features a Desktop app which allows resumable upload. My internet connection is slow and not always reliable (powerline), so I have to use that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism

Tiro

Did you clean the AppData folder?I presume the mod should work nonetheless, just without the new campaigns, factions and units.Alternative download locations? I am using NextCloud as it is under my control and it features a Desktop app which allows resumable upload. My internet connection is slow and not always reliable (powerline), so I have to use that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Have you used DC++? It's very simple and might provide for a more reliable connectivity. It's just that NextCloud is finicky on my computer or maybe because I'm using a public library. Thanks anyways for your consideration.

Hister's Avatar Domesticus

Hi Destin Faroda. O waw, are you still working on this?

Edit: Hmmm, I can't make it to work. :I
    Last edited by Hister; March 02, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
    PROUD MEMBER OF PAENINSULA ITALICA TEAM

For M2TW PI forum click here.
    For RTW PI forum click here.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Hi Destin Faroda. O waw, are you still working on this?

Edit: Hmmm, I can't make it to work. :I
    How long did the download take to complete? I literally get 81 kilobytes every other second.

Hey
    Destin Faroda, I'm just here to say thanks for works.
    I loves S2R+ and have been playing it for a long time.
    I thought it had been discontinued but it seems like I was wrong!.
    Can't wait to try your version! And once again, thanks you for keeping this great mod alive!

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

Downloading and installing now, can't wait to give this a try.

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

I am loving the new feel of combat so far, have only played Sengoku . It is only 4 turns per year and is starting at 1545, not 24 turns from 1570. Have I bungled something?
    Last edited by kentuckybandit; April 05, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

Civis

Amazing work. I like the Japanese names for units, and the Proper Languages mod adds even more immersion.
    Quick question though, what is the recommended unit size? I notice that on ‘small’ the artillery units have differing numbers but on other sizes they are all the same (4 artillery pieces) not counting the gatling gun. So does that mean that ‘small’ is the intended size?
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

Artifex

Sorry for the lack of progress so far, but I temporarily have to work longer which in combination with commuting eats away my spare time.Besides, I'm a bit confused about the goal of my mod. What do I want to achieve? What can I actually achieve with such a flawed, limited engine? Maybe I should make a kanban on cryptpad.fr and set lots of small goals?Campaigns are not supported right now, so it's still at four turns per year.Recommended unit size is "ultra".
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism