Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Nice job but for instance coastal towns are as big as the capital and they should be a bit smaller IMO. Other towns between important cities should also be smaller so there should be a difference feeling when u look at them with a rural look not city-like buildings. In some parts there are roman buildinsg in the woods which is also odd.
    Last edited by neoiq5719; April 19, 2014 at 02:24 AM.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    Nice job but for instance coastal towns are as big as the capital and they should be a bit smaller IMO. Other towns between important cities should also be smaller so there should be a difference feeling when u look at them with a rural look not city-like buildings. In some parts there are roman buildinsg in the woods which is also odd.
    I know that problem. That's one of the bugs that I have listed. The town sizes were intentional but if enough people want it smaller I can make them smaller. My goal on Version 5 is to fix the location and placement of the settlements.

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

keep up the good work. btw why did u include the water files?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

thank you for this really nice mod, STELLover.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Excellent update and most appreciated

BTW I like the wording for the external download link - lol

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    keep up the good work. btw why did u include the water files?
    Yes i dont like the darker water, but nice update.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

u can delete those with the FPM

Poll added. If the people voting for no Better Water HD (TM) is 65% or greater then I will include an update with no Better Water. I had permission to use and I included it because it worked well with the new landscape

EDIT: I guess my college Social Statistics class did teach me one thing
    EDIT: Take that back, I didn't realize I can't add polls to this thread now

Still if I see a significant amount of people discussing this then I will upload another version without the Better Water files.
    Last edited by STELLover; April 19, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Poll added. If the people voting for no Better Water HD (TM) is 65% or greater then I will include an update with no Better Water. I had permission to use and I included it because it worked well with the new landscape

EDIT: I guess my college Social Statistics class did teach me one thing
    EDIT: Take that back, I didn't realize I can't add polls to this thread now

Still if I see a significant amount of people discussing this then I will upload another version without the Better Water files.
    Hey is your mod so u do whatever u think u like, no need a poll for that

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

I already use the better water mod and so I can assume that is why I did not notice it added to this. The only issue that I have with the BW is the differences noted in the blend, or lack of it, as the rivers run into the sea But that is being worked on.
    Could there be anything else worth adding to the campaign map to help with immersion etc without making it look too cluttered...? Like ruins etc....?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    I already use the better water mod and so I can assume that is why I did not notice it added to this. The only issue that I have with the BW is the differences noted in the blend, or lack of it, as the rivers run into the sea But that is being worked on.
    Could there be anything else worth adding to the campaign map to help with immersion etc without making it look too cluttered...? Like ruins etc....?
    Water colors depending on the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
    I am working on adding a script in which the towns slowly convert (section by section) depending on the culture

So if Italia is taken over by the Gauls, then for the first 10-12 turns when Latin culture is still dominant, you still see Roman cities. However, after ~20 or so turns when at the Celtic culture 25% threshold, you see some buildings in each of the cities become Barbarian ones. At 50% more of the buildings have barbaric models. At 90% threshold, all Roman city models in Italia will be completely converted to Barbarian models.

The threshold I am planning is actually 25%, 45%, 65% and 85% culture. This means that if you conquer the entire map as Macedon (for example) all those cities, including my modded minor cities, become Greek eventually.

As with any further gameplay elements: If I could, I would, but I can't, so I shan't.
    Last edited by STELLover; April 19, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

I am also planning to make alternative models for existing (Vanilla) Rome 2 cities. Currently they are WAYYYY to big. They should be noticeably bigger than my cities, but not COLOSSAL. I am planning to use 3dsmax and try scaling all the buildings to 50% size so that it also creates more room. This takes a bit of time since there are A LOT of models and I need to figure out the textures for each. But if it works, it would further improve the campaign map.

A lot of people in the forums wanted smaller replacement models for existing cities because they were too big. However, these replacement models do not show any slot animation or walls. The only possible way is to scale them altogether. I am not sure if I should try to add these features first for the next patch or focus on existing issues. It hard to set priorities right now.

Have to say, these ideas are thoroughly impressive The colossal cities irked me somewhat, so any improvements in this area would be appreciated greatly. I love the new version, but like others mentioned, it would be nice if a version with the water is uploaded. Not too bothered either way though - both waters are acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    I am also planning to make alternative models for existing (Vanilla) Rome 2 cities. Currently they are WAYYYY to big. They should be noticeably bigger than my cities, but not COLOSSAL. I am planning to use 3dsmax and try scaling all the buildings to 50% size so that it also creates more room. This takes a bit of time since there are A LOT of models and I need to figure out the textures for each. But if it works, it would further improve the campaign map.

A lot of people in the forums wanted smaller replacement models for existing cities because they were too big. However, these replacement models do not show any slot animation or walls. The only possible way is to scale them altogether. I am not sure if I should try to add these features first for the next patch or focus on existing issues. It hard to set priorities right now.
    A very good idea and I hope you have some success. The city scales are out of control lol.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Haha, external link for pirated Rome 2, you are funny!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

STELLover, I was wondering if you got my PM? I'm pretty certain I know how to add extra building slots to the game that work, but I don't have the tools or expertise to do it. I'm not sure how much you've done on the issue or if this goes farther than you are willing to (from reading the thread, it seems to, but can't hurt to ask):

I'm almost 100% certain that the issue all stems from CA's animations on the campaign map. The ones for expanding the city and construction (the useless cranes). Basically, each city has 'slots' on the actual map that we don't have tools to edit at this point. You can add a building slot in the text files, or assign one at the start of a campaign, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to add a physical empty lot to the campaign map as they are aligned with the walls of settlements.

So, even if I enter digits into the startpos.esf for the building slot or space I want, it doesn't matter. It needs to be part of the map and can't be done from reverse it seems. Added to this, the game seems to have special animations/models assigned to each slot construction. So, construction site 1 has its own model, site 2 has its own model...at least, if I'm understanding the files correctly.

So, I can technically add as many buildings as I want, but in order to build them up or tear them down, you would need those slots so you can have the pretty animations and ridiculously sized cities.

I have one idea left, but its a long shot. It would require the construction of a startpos.esf file from scratch which is a tough process its own right and I'm not sure its possible to do what I need or if it would work even if I could. You essentially need the extra building slots to not be assigned a physical site on the map.

I've tried everything I can think of. I think just about everything that's possible without the construction of a startpos.esf from scratch or map editor tools.

So, is there anyway you know of to add actual slots on the map itself?

Man, could you please fix the cities ground bug???
    First of all, the poligonal view is awful.
    Secondly, when you zoom in and out, it even changes the size...

Here is the pic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    Man, could you please fix the cities ground bug???
    First of all, the poligonal view is awful.
    Secondly, when you zoom in and out, it even changes the size...

Here is the pic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Why dont u try starting a new campaign and see if it happens again?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Neo love you work!

I have an idea that i think you can give some input about. I really REALLY want a real roman fortresses! Can or is it possible to modify settlements into something close enough to a roman fortress? and allow us to build this in place of those uugly spikes? Or make it linked to a research in some way? Allow for more than one option, the default to be the cheapest and an upgrade is a real fortress with walls, gates, scorpions on the walls and towers?? This would add a butt load of imersion for me in this game. The barracks that is built in cities could be a good building to put in its place on the map. Let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks,

TKnight