Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Libertus

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Just a report. i believe that the MOD has issues of compatibility with some overhaul mods i am using. in particular Silven's STIM mod. city names and general names disappear when i use this MOD with it. is there a way to fix this? like a priority order in loading the mods?

anyway hope some awesome additions are added soon. like being able to MOD map tiles or whatever discussion you have going there.. have yet to see the addition of more battle maps so yea

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Quote Originally Posted by Xaero.xiii View Post
    Just a report. i believe that the MOD has issues of compatibility with some overhaul mods i am using. in particular Silven's STIM mod. city names and general names disappear when i use this MOD with it. is there a way to fix this? like a priority order in loading the mods?

anyway hope some awesome additions are added soon. like being able to MOD map tiles or whatever discussion you have going there.. have yet to see the addition of more battle maps so yea
    I don't know the STIM mod, but my mod was release WAY before his so if there are compatibility issues, its the STIM mod that is incompatible. My mod changes campaign rigidmodels so it should pretty much be compatible with all the mods out there. I don't know what STIM mod changes- you can check that yourself

Again, to reiterate, it is impossible to add battle maps. IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE.So please top trying to ask me to do this. If you want more battle maps, add them yourself. Until CA decides to hopefully release a mod tool where we can add our own custom battle maps and sieges, please just keep it within your imagination

STELL

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Senator

Nice. Any chance of adding some cities to Sicily and making Syracuse the huge walled city port with naval harbour it was and Lilybaeum walled with a naval base?

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

I think this mod might have to be updated STELL, I cant get it to work for me anymore since patch5, I dont use that STIM mod either so its either your mod that just doesnt agree with the new patch or other mods that its conflicting with. Cant think of what itd be though since nearly every mod I run is unit packs.

It works well for me Brennan, and I use the latest patch. You have to be more specific then "can't get it to work". If more than one person is having the problem, I will check on it

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

It's a sshame we ant have different settings on the campaign map to the battle map. The settings have to be above High in order for blood to be on the ground in battles but then the cities on the campaign map look rather unattractive. Grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    It's a sshame we ant have different settings on the campaign map to the battle map. The settings have to be above High in order for blood to be on the ground in battles but then the cities on the campaign map look rather unattractive. Grrrrr
    Dude "High" is still High settings. Not low, not average, it is HIGH terrain settings. I don't think it is worth it to increase settings just another level to just see more blood. Just my 2 cents

edit: ignore me, i am stupid
    Last edited by Aodh Mor; November 04, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Nefarious's Avatar Tiro

Just a post of appreciation.
    I just went through all playable factions, starting new campaigns and looking at the added eye candy.
    Deserts are no longer bleak wastelands.
    Steppes are no longer uninhabited expanses.
    Mountain passes are no longer simple roads connecting fortresses.
    And islands are no longer rocky protrusions blocking your navy's b-line path.

The campaign map now has life.
    The ancient continents breathe with development and movement.
    It just gives that comforting feel of 'lived in', if that makes sense.

The work involved clearly required extensive research and development. This graphics enhancement, though not easy to implement by the developer, is a must have mod. It quite literally changes the immersion of campaigns. Instead of feeling as though your faction is intruding upon the landscape, you can now become a part of it. You move through and within it, not above or toward it.

Outstanding addition.
    + rep
    Last edited by Nefarious; November 05, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Every time I venture from New Orleans,
    I get the sensation of leaving Oz and landing on Kansas.

-------
    You want to know what? Really?? My political profile? Are you sure? Alright, then...

mentecato's Avatar Civis

more cool pics please!!!

Hi
    What are projects for the futur of this mod ?
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by super_newbie_pro View Post
    Hi
    What are projects for the futur of this mod ?
    Currently busy with school but expect an update soon with EVEN MORE TOWNS AND CITIES

Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    Currently busy with school but expect an update soon with EVEN MORE TOWNS AND CITIES
    Awesome brings the map to life!!!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​I know you have answered this question, however there have been no results from that question. So, when do you plan to upload this to the workshop?

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD=============[UPDATED VERSION 3: 11/13/2013][New Screens] UPLOADED to Steam Workshop

Version 3 UPLOADED

NOTES:
    - Adds a new type of minor settlement: TOWNS [Versions 1 and 2 only had Minor Cities added]. This means 4 total settlement types
    - 4 unique settlement cultures for Minor Cities
    - Have yet to fix graphic bugs where cities extend over land border into the ocean. Will *Try** to fix this in the next version
    - Uploaded to Steam Workshop
    - Please set Terrain settings to
    HIGH or lower

As always, compatible with any mod or patch

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD=============[UPDATED VERSION 3: 11/13/2013][New Screens] UPLOADED to Steam Workshop

Looks even better. This will be the perfect basis once CA gives some tools to mod in more regions and cities like in Shogun 2, and see if someone like Uanime or Spartan can't give life to the cities you've made on the map.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​What name is it under in the workshop? I cannot find it.

STELLover- MOD_MoreTownsandCitiesV3

Please bear with me. This is the first time I am using Steam Workshop

+Rep is appreciated

Thanks for the update!

Did your mod change Neapolis to Capua? Im trying to figure out what changed this in my game and if it was a mod or patch?
    Last edited by auboy; November 13, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Yes. Version 2 changes Neapolis to Capua, but Version 3 changes this back to Capua (vanilla)