Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Im not familiar with anyone having modded anything from the campaign map yet as it unaccessible I believe BUT if there´s a man who knows about modding in depth that is Dresden. I´m sure he can answer that question.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    Why dont u try starting a new campaign and see if it happens again?
    Starting a new campaign doesn't resolve a

well look at the screenies I have in this thread because they are with thismod and it works fine
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...cons-%28WIP%29
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

This mod is finally a step in the right direction. Great work, keep it up!
    I believe however that 1000 additional towns are probably too much. I have seen some minor settlements which really don't deserve to be in the map.
    For your inspiration you might have a look at the Rome Total History mod (check descr_strat.txt), which has 199 cities and 240 forts or minor settlements, all selected after accurate research including the recent computerized analysis of Ptolemy's map covering Germania Magna.
    I think that 240 regions/cities, 200 ports and maybe 300 minor settlements are adequate values for a map covering the entire area from Scotland to Aethiopia and the Indus.
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Thanks for your input Philadelphos

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

I like the idea of this mod and it does add a lot more "character" to the campaign. But I've found in a few places it seems like overkill. One example would be the Cairo area or the Corsica et Sardinia connection. Is there any chance of toning down some of these built up areas?

Also this: "Some cities/towns extend over land border into the sea" seems to happen a lot as well and looks really strange when they are just floating above the water because of the elevation mismatch. This one is actually kinda a deal killer for me, check along Italy's Eastern coast.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AstroCat; July 27, 2014 at 07:22 AM.

I share the opinion of many here. It is a great mod, but it overpopulates part of the map too much. Less is more in this case, but I look forward to your improvements!

Yea good job but i think it will begin very interessing when CA will release tools mod to be able to build a full new map with the scale we want.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

new 1000 towns are really town ? we can build building there , gain money from them ? do these new town have garrison ?

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger tank View Post
    new 1000 towns are really town ? we can build building there , gain money from them ? do these new town have garrison ?
    No, those are just eye candies!
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."

Arrigo Sacchi

oh crap so we don't need them hope you creat new mod add really new town , just like Expanded Japan mod for Shogun 2

I'm one of those who started using all mods through the Mod Manager. There's no way you would make this available for non-steam users?

Quote Originally Posted by Ligon Flarius View Post
    I'm one of those who started using all mods through the Mod Manager. There's no way you would make this available for non-steam users?
    Just Download it through steam, rename it and then use it like any other mod.

any non-steam, non-direct download link?
    I tried almost all direct-download links but all of them (rapidshare,filedropper etc.) failed. I dont know, but as far as i know their sites may have date expiration to links provided. I know im a bit "too late" for it to notice and download this mod, but I liked it.. Rome 2's vanilla campaign map sucks, and I need a bit improvements on it. So any of you can help me by providing working non-steam redirect-links? or if its just a small-sized PACK file you can just make an attached download file for it in this thread.