Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Icon14 STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN=======[[VERSION 4 Released 18 April, 2014]]

[DOWNLOAD]
    VERSION 4 (Released 18 April, 2014)

[INSTALLATION]
    Subscribe to my Steam Workshop to Download (STELLover)
    OR
    Place the MOD..... .pack file in the Rome 2 Data Directory, and enable with Mod Manager

[CONCEPT] So I was disappointed when the campaign map only visually represented major cities and some towns, when in actuality, there were thousands more important cities scattered across the campaign map. In Rome 1, RSII mod reflected this by designating a resource as a "township" so across the campaign map you could see many more towns and villages other than the major ones.
    While we are yet unable to actually add new regions and settlements, this is a temporary, visual, "eye candy" mod that makes the campaign seem like there are more cities and villages. See the screens below for examples

[REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS] Compatible with all mods. Compatible with all patches. Compatible with all terrain and graphic settings. Compatible with Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar at Gaul.

[FEATURES] for Version 4
    • Added ~1000 minor towns and cities in the campaign map (Main) and ~200 for Hannibal at the Gates and Caesar at Gaul
    • Two settlement variations for each genetic culture
    • Semi historic locations
    • New settlement models for generic cultures
    • Includes Better Water HD (TM) by Omnipotent Q

[KNOWN BUGS AND GLITCHES]
    • Some towns have buildings extending over the land border
    • Towns in the Aegean islands are too big and misplaced and disproportionate
    • Some mix-up of cities culture on the campaign map (NOTE: Some of these are intentional. Roman and Greek cities can be found sparsely in Provincia and Gaul, as well as Dacia and Northern Thrace to simulate existence of these colonies there)
    • (Reported but not confirmed) Buggy textures for greek cities

[PREVIEW/EXAMPLES]

Version 3

Version 2

+Rep if you like
    Big thanks to SandraDevilGirl for her donation

Last edited by Darth Red; July 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: promoting illegal activities

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD [VISUAL]

Wow, outstanding!

But could you please remove these floating cities? It would be by far more beatiful.

better remove cities where the island is small compared to the city

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles Lacedaemon View Post
    Wow, outstanding!

But could you please remove these floating cities? It would be by far more beatiful.

Im working on it but don't count it. I don't even know if its possible

Are these cities attackable? Or are they simply eye-candy?

EDIT: sorry, didn't read ahead.
    Last edited by theDaedricPrince; October 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM.

WOW! This is incredibly. Should help relieve some of the dead feeling on the campaign map. What do you mean by floating cities?

Edit:I can't seem to download the file. Just takes to my account.
    Last edited by Gorhaax; October 11, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Oh wow, that looks great! It makes your regions feel like actual regions, instead of just a singular city with a countryside of nothing. It also makes a good template for adding new cities once the tools come out. If we could make the current cities as small as those cities, that would be boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    WOW! This is incredibly. Should help relieve some of the dead feeling on the campaign map. What do you mean by floating cities?

Edit:I can't seem to download the file. Just takes to my account.
    http://www.fileswap.com/dl/XPpRE58b6v/

Alternate download link: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/XPpRE58b6v/

Probably a stupid question, but does this carry over to the battle map? I really like what you've done though!!

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

This looks great. Thank you!!!

Any way you could change it so it works with the terrain settings at very high and above? I'd love to download it, but terrain settings always bug me for some reason.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggernaut View Post
    Any way you could change it so it works with the terrain settings at very high and above? I'd love to download it, but terrain settings always bug me for some reason.
    I am working on it on my spare time, but this could mean that either ALL your cities will have transparent ground textures (not the pebbled city textures) or just textures overall which could look ugly for these minor townships and villages.

Honestly, I run textures at High even if my computer can easily run it at Ultra. Remember,High is still HIGH TEXTURES not medium or low, so it should still look beautiful (at least it is for me). Its just toning down your settings by 1 and its not going to hurt you or your gameplay experience much. Plus you gain performance (slightly)

Long answer short: This seems hardcoded and I do not know if I can make it work for higher settings. But campaign still looks beautiful at HIGH terrain settings.

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013]

Thanks everyone for the feedback BTW

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013]

Hey looks great, but had you to create these specific minor cities all yourself? Asking this because I wanted to know whether these cities only apply in Italia and Greece or also in the Eastern and Northern parts of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Barbarossa View Post
    Hey looks great, but had you to create these specific minor cities all yourself? Asking this because I wanted to know whether these cities only apply in Italia and Greece or also in the Eastern and Northern parts of the map.
    No I did not. I added/replaced old models. If you want I can show you parts of Scandanavia or even lower Arabia which also shows these minor cities. These minor cities apply to to ENTIRE campaign map so there are now ~2000+ small minor settlements scattered across the map

This is a great Idea. Love it!

Very nice work on the campaign map, very much a step in the right direction of bringing more 'Life' to the campaign map and game itself. Looking forward to using this in my next campaign, thank you

+rep
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

I haven't tried it yet (and won't be able to play the game for a long time) but this is absolutely brilliant. Much needed, much appreciated, thanks dude!

Edited 1st post with new screens with Minor Cities in Gaul/Aquitania and Anatolia

Default Re: STELLover's MORE TOWNS AND CITIES ON CAMPAIGN MAP MOD----------------[UPDATED VERSION 2: 10/12/2013][New Screens]

Just played and had to say I do like the additions made. Now if those small towns could be turned into resources or points in which to destroy/protect we will really be talking about something special here.

Also would like to say that if you could make building bigger cities possible, example being Rome being a 4 slot city at present and making it a 5 slot city, you sir would single handedly be making this game what I BELIEVE it should be.

Thanks again for your work and good luck in future
    Rome Total War 2 Beta Tester

The Censors are coming, the Censors are coming... RUN!!!!!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast