Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Hic Sunt Dracones Enhancement Mod

Default Re: Hic Sunt Dracones Animations Pack

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    1. Erm..... maybe I`m having a bad moment, but isn`t that Pyrrhus also? Of course that is the english spelling, but in wikipedia and other places you`ll find it as Pyrrhus. Oh, and I hope that I didn`t turned your whole thread into a discussion of the spelling of his name.

2. That`s ok. No need for your mod to be bigger then the mod you want to change.
    1. It's probably just me, I never pronounce or spell any of those names properly, lol. You're looks more "right" lol. Oh, and I dont' mind what people talk about here, so long as it's loosely related to Hic Sunt Dracones!

2. I'm going to ask around for other ways to implement the change before I give up

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJubb
    1. It's probably just me, I never pronounce or spell any of those names properly, lol. You're looks more "right" lol. Oh, and I dont' mind what people talk about here, so long as it's loosely related to Hic Sunt Dracones!

2. I'm going to ask around for other ways to implement the change before I give up
    Ask in the mod workshop on TWC
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyJubb

eeh... are you talking about the shieldwall formation button (and that other one...)?
    theyre easy to implement... just copy the "stratpage_01.tga" file and put it in a folder called interface in the respective countries UI part... i only put it in the barbarian and egypt ones... works for me...

oh and copy it from the BI data folder of course... under UI for the respective nations...
    no recompiling needed...
    not complicated, and it can be done by any one who can copy and paste...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

hey why dosent the RTR music work with RTRPE? ive tried installing it but it dont work..
    Last edited by Phaylanx; September 29, 2006 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8
    eeh... are you talking about the shieldwall formation button (and that other one...)?
    theyre easy to implement... just copy the "stratpage_01.tga" file and put it in a folder called interface in the respective countries UI part... i only put it in the barbarian and egypt ones... works for me...

oh and copy it from the BI data folder of course... under UI for the respective nations...
    no recompiling needed...
    not complicated, and it can be done by any one who can copy and paste...
    Sweet, thanks Oddball_E8, I was hoping I'd be completely wrong! Lol

Phaylanx: In your Data\Sounds folder change the events.idx and events.dat filename to oldevents.idx and oldevents.dat.
    Please check in this thread for more solutions to common problems
    Last edited by JoeyJubb; September 29, 2006 at 04:19 PM.

o ok thnxz

how can i switch the spartans and hoplite elite from RTRPE with the ones in RTW because i like the ones in RTW better then the ones in RTRPE any help would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaylanx
    how can i switch the spartans and hoplite elite from RTRPE with the ones in RTW because i like the ones in RTW better then the ones in RTRPE any help would be helpful.
    You would need to update the DMB,change the cas files in RTR/models unit, and maybe a few other things. Check this tutorial Here
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

whats DMB??

whats DMB??
    Slang

DMB=descr_model_battle
    EDU=export_descr_unit
    -Albert Camus

ok thnxz for helping by the way is there any modding tools that i can donwload that u or anyone kno of?

ok thnxz for helping by the way is there any modding tools that i can donwload that u or anyone kno of?
    Well, you can download E.T. tool collection set. DOn't know if it would have anything useful for this.
    Last edited by The Walrus; September 29, 2006 at 10:37 PM.
    -Albert Camus

E.T? the movie? lol

no seriously whats E.T? and if i do put the spartans in RTRPE will they with a overhand phalanx? because i dont want that

no seriously whats E.T? and if i do put the spartans in RTRPE will they with a overhand phalanx? because i dont want that
    No. E.T. is the name of the person who made it. Basically, you need to get the vanilla cas files for the vanilla units you want, have them overwrite the RTR ones. If all it changes is the pic, you don't need to alter the sprites info path. So go into wherever you have vanilla, go to models_unit, and find the cas files that say spartan hoplite. Copy those. Go to wherever you installed RTRPE and go to RTR. Right click on the models_unit and click paste. If it tells you do you want to overwrite press yes to all. MAKE backups of the RTR spartans. No they won't be overhand.
    -Albert Camus

o ok thnxz again!eveeyone here is so helpful!

o ok thnxz again!eveeyone here is so helpful!
    So you got it?
    -Albert Camus

one more thing how do i make them speak they seem to not say anything when i click them?
    p.s i added a new unit the sprtan royal guard by totalwarfanatic are they not suppose to speak or can they?
    Last edited by Phaylanx; September 30, 2006 at 12:13 AM.

one more thing how do i make them speak they seem to not say anything when i click them?
    Something wrong with the sound files. Too complicated to fix it(I don't know how)
    -Albert Camus

p.s i added a new unit the sprtan royal guard by totalwarfanatic are they not suppose to speak or can they?
    The two files you are looking for are:

export_descr_sounds_units_voice
    export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice

The former takes care of the noises made by grunting, cheering etc
    The latter takes care of the voices you hear when you give commands.

In each file, find the text "greek hoplite spartan", then add your new units name after it, seperated with a comma. So it should look something like this:
    end
    unit greek hoplite spartan, [YOUR UNIT HERE]
    event
    folder........
    The correct name to add is the name as it is in the EDU (export_descr_unit.txt file).

Please, Phaylanx; you're questions, though genuine, aren't anything to do with Hic Sunt Dracones anymore. I don't mind helping you but it would bode better for you if you created a new thread for questions like these. People don't mind small question threads like those and it'll get your question answered more quickly and by a larger audience