Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [STEP] Silven Total Expansion Pack [Version 1.4] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.0] 13 New Units!

@Utumano
    The workshop has lots of threads and people with free time that are more than willing to help you learn this kind of stuff.
    Unfortunately I just have to much going on to tutor anyone right now.

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.0] 13 New Units!

Wow! I have started a new game with the Suebi and I love the new units. Only I have a slight problem. Your mod works perfectly, but as I use a non-English version of the game, the name and description of the new units will not appear anywhere. I guess it has to do with the strings.

Tomorrow I will try to translate the mod with PFM, but I think even so the game will recognize the strings like a different language and do not appear in my game. Let's see if I find the solution. I will look in the Mod Workshop to see if I find something about the strings. If I translate it, will put at your disposal the translation to my language.

Great work with your mods!

Looking forward for the rest of the units to be done, but I just want to mention two things. First, I'd love it if naval units weren't neglected. I don't really think any barbarian/nomadic factions should really get much of anything for naval units if any at all (I think I remember one historical account of Roman triremes scaring a bunch of Brittanians half to death) and there might not really be much need to fill a lot of gaps with factions that could have historically ruled the Mediterranean, but it could be good for some factions, and a lot of main factions have relatively unhistorical naval rosters as per vanilla (I think Carthage historically had the majority of it's naval consisting of actual citizens whereas it's armies were mostly non-citizens). Secondly, I kinda want to whine about historical accuracy, but you're no less accurate than vanilla, and if historical accuracy was all I wanted I'd just rebuild almost every factions roster from scratch, but I just want to ask you to please not give Rome anything too unhistorical, like extremely varying kinds of cavalry and skirmishers, as most know, pretty much the entirety of those were auxilia. Maybe you can give them more auxiliary units to help round things out for them? Or maybe you can make auxilia versions of the units you add to other factions also (actually, no matter the historicity of the units you add to Rome, I really like that idea)?

DUDE! This was the only thing missing from your mod!! I love this!

Some suggestions:

Hellenic--> thureos swords (javelin/sword, thureos shield, linothorax) (change swords to falcata and kopis for these and thorax swords!)
    Thorax spears (javelin/spear, thureos shield, chainmail, greaves)
    Marines (javelin/sword, hoplite shield, linothorax) (only recruitable as ship crew)
    Noble Hoplites (like veteran hoplites but non-mercenary)
    Royal peltasts for all Hellenic factions.
    Reskin shieldbearers!
    Thracian heavy peltasts (javelins/small falx, linothorax, pelte/thureos shield, greaves) Able to fight against light infantry, flank heavier infantry
    Recruitable Cretans and Rhodians, or maybe an auxilliary building like Romans have to recruit local troops.
    Successor cavalry (medium shock cav, with linothorax, sarissa, and javelins, no shields; these are weaker than Thessalian cav/hippaeus lancers but stronger than light cav)
    More ideas if you want them!

Punic---> Change Carthaginian infantry to Libyan-Phoenicians (mixed blood guys fought in greater numbers than pure-blood citizens; those were elites, however both groups were less in numbers than Lybians)
    So: Early Libyan-Phoenicians (linothorax hoplites)
    Late Libyan-Phoenicians (chainmail/breastplate hoplites)
    Citizen hoplites (breastplate hoplites, just a step below sacred band and quite expensive)
    Lybian spearmen (just like thureos spears)
    Lybian late spearmen (thorax spears with mixed Celtic/Roman chain mail and mixed Celtic/Scutum shields, javelins)
    Lybian infantry (change from vanilla to mixed Celtic/Roman mail and shields, javelins, should have similar stats to principes)
    Iberian Assault Infantry (elite troops that fight like royal peltasts)
    Numidian Nobles (medium cavalry, like Tarantines)
    Marines (like Hellenic marines above)

Sparta----> Maybe use some of the reskins other modders have done, plus:
    Perioikoi Thureos swords
    Perioikoi thorax swords
    Perioikoi thorax spears
    Spartan Light Hoplites (they used these quite a bit to chase off light troops, they had no chest armor and Thracian boots)

Plenty more where this came from! Thanks for caring!

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Maska
    I've learned that there is currently a large community project taking place that is translating all mods into other languages. I've requested that my mod be included with this project, and if it is, I'll provide everyone with instructions on how to patch my mod for their language.

@tomFoolery
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider what you've said.

@Hypaspist_Archon
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely take them into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    @Maska
    I've learned that there is currently a large community project taking place that is translating all mods into other languages. I've requested that my mod be included with this project, and if it is, I'll provide everyone with instructions on how to patch my mod for their language.
    Thank you very much! Anyway I'll try it myself. In Rome 1 and Medieval 2, I made major modifications that were housed in webs of my country, but I never did any with the Warscape engine. I've started making my own mods for Roma 2, and I see it is not so difficult. Learning is always good!

hey i see in the history chanel a program talking about the spartan culture and i see that they are one of the most religious greeks , and them i see that they have like soldier that protect the temples (like a elite unit only the very rich nobility have acces to be that tipe of soldier) would be good to see like a unit named the chosen of ares or Guardian of the Gods.

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

Since patch 5 the units don't appear anymore, which makes the game crash when I load a save.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

thank you so much for doing this mod ! i hope macedonians will get some pikemen strong between thorax and foot companions. and that parthians will not get too much fency immortal units, but rarther one more catapracth unit, and desert infantrys, as well as some heavy spearmens and axemens.once more thank you a lot ! btw i think pontus is faction that need fix more then any other. + rep

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.1] 13 New Units!

Update Posted.

-Unit Sizes Increased to 2.0x to correspond with STIM Update.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.1] 13 New Units!

2nd Update.

I've also uploaded STEP to the Steam Workshop, so feel free to download it there now if you like.

Now that I've finally finished updating STIM to Patch5, I can turn my attention back to my Unit Pack and get to work on the Greek Roster. Thanks for your patience everyone!

Is there any chance you could upload a version with the units back at their normal sizes. As I don't use your overhaul mod, my other units are vanilla size.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

. Bang on! Huzzah!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    @Maska

@tomFoolery
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider what you've said.

@Hypaspist_Archon
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely take them into consideration.
    One thing I think you should make clear in the opening post is how some of the STEP units compare to similar units of the same tier within a faction, for example how does the Suebi Spear Masters' stats compare to the Wodanaz Spearmen (or at least the stats of the Wodanaz Spearmen with STIM installed). There are really only two things I think Hellenic factions need: pikemen and units of "foreign locales". Even though Pikeman weren't the core infantry force of every Hellenistic peoples (such as some already long established Greek cities like Athens and Sparta, but they did learn from everyone else and Alexander and field their own pikemen units), but I feel like they all need to at least have access to some mid-tier pikeman unit (the main faction that comes to mind at the moment is Pontus that only has the higher-tier Bronze Shield Pikemen and Thorax Pikemen, if I remember correctly). I also think it would be good, especially maybe for filling the gaps where need be, to give Hellenic factions units from places like Thrace or Scythia or Cappadocia (appropriate foreign units going to the appropriate Hellenic factions, of course). Foreign units serving in Hellenic armies like that, both as mercs and as allies (but not in a strictly organized faction like the later auxilia corps of Rome), was a common enough thing, I think. And those locales would have units that might naturally fill some of those roster gaps there might be. I also think that would be good for Carthage, in the form of Iberian, Celtic, or African peoples. I can't really comment much of Parthia or any other strictly eastern factions, as I haven't yet started that campaign and aren't familiar enough with their roster firsthand.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.2] 13 New Units!

Version 1.2 Posted!

-Added Option for EITHER (1.0x) Vanilla Sizes, OR (2.0x) Double Sizes.

When STIM 2.1 is officially posted to the Steam Workshop, STEP will also be officially re-posted to the Steam Workshop, with (1.0x) Vanilla Sizes as the default selection.

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Version 1.2] 13 New Units!

Brilliant, thanks for that.

. Bang on! Huzzah!!

Eagerly awaiting the Eastern units. Of all the cultures, that is the one most in need of filling out. Parthia has only three types of infantry; Eastern Spearmen, and Hillmen (both terrible), and Parthian Swordsmen (very expensive).

I don't want elite units, I want some mid level spearmen and swordsmen. It would be better if their infantry is a bit inferior actually, considering the strength of the Parthian Cavalry, but at the moment we're having to use either really expensive elite swordsmen, or levies which rout in seconds.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Great work Silven. Definitely looking forward to the new units for all cultures. Looks like the Greeks are on their way shortly then I can start a new campaign with Athens hopefully

Also I am not sure if you've already addressed this but given your STIM and STEP mods, possibly you could move your mods to a hosted section where you can have your own forum for your work to allow for easier access and browsing? No idea how this works but just a suggestion.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Laetus

Great mod, and possibly the only Barbarian unit pack that's any good (who the hell uses an axe on horseback?)! However, there is still on thing missing: axes! Would it be possible to add axe units to all Barbarian factions? Especially the Arverni, as there already Celtic-themed axe units used by non-playable Celtic factions (available as mercenaries, too). Also, it would be interesting to see a few more naval and siege units as well. Thanks!

Silven, hi!

When you create units for Roma and Carthage will you be able to create a couple of different elites for Empire and Republic? Now there is no difference at all in-game, as you know. Maybe Emperor's or Republican Guard will add more flavor to it, what do you think?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [STEP] Silven Total Expansion Pack [Version 1.2]

Moved to new STIM Hosted Forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast