Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [STEP] Silven Total Expansion Pack [Version 1.4] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default [STEP] Silven Total Expansion Pack [Version 1.4] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Welcome to Silven Total Expansion Pack

This mod is currently a work-in-progress, and the Barbarians are the only ones released at this time. The Greeks are on the way next.
    Realize that the intention and ambition of this mod is very large, and its development will likely be a long process.

Initial releases will focus on filling the gaps in certain faction rosters, and will then eventually begin focusing on adding variety and quantity in selection for every faction to add more flavor to the battlefield.
    An attempt to maintain continuity with vanilla styles and immersion will be made.

This mod will be intended for use alongside my Main Overhaul Mod, Silven Total Improvement Mod, aka STIM.
    As a result - unit size, statistics, and balance will be made for STIM and while everyone is of course welcome to use this mod, using it with a different Overhaul or Vanilla may not be balanced.

S.T.E.P. Additions:

All unit additions will be available to both The Player and The AI, as well as custom battles.

Also note that I am terrible at taking screenshots, I'll gladly take any screenshot submissions from anyone that can take some better ones.

Barbarian:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

11 New Units. The Barbarians will receive more units in the future, after initial releases for the other cultures are complete.

Iceni:

Briton Bowmen: Basic Low-End Archers
    Recruitable at Lvl 2 Woodshop

Briton Javelinmen: Basic Mid-Level Skirmishers
    Recruitable at all Lvl 2 Craftsmen Shops

Champion Riders: Lightly Armoured Mid-Level Sword Cavalry
    Recruitable at Lvl 3 Horse Pens

Heroic Spear Nobles: Arm
    oured High-End Spear Infantry *Can Be Used As General
    Recruitable at Lvl 4 Bronzesmith

Arverni:

Celtic Bowmen: Basic Low-End Archers
    Recruitable at Lvl 2 Woodshop

Valiant Cavalry: Lightly Armoured Mid-Level Sword Cavalry

Suebi:

Germanic Skirmishers: Basic Mid-Level Skirmishers
    Recruitable at all Lvl 2 Craftsmen Shops

Sword Hunters:
    Lightly Armoured Mid-Level Sword Infantry
    Recruitable at Lvl 3 Bronzesmith

Spear Hunters: Lightly Armoured Mid-Level Spear Infantry
    Recruitable at Lvl 3 Bronzesmith

Germanic Raiders: Lightly Armoured Mid-Level Sword Cavalry

Spear Masters: Armoured High-End Spear Infantry *Can Be Used As General
    Recruitable at Lvl 4 Bronzesmith

Greek:

The Greeks are next on the To Do List. Projected Release TBA.

Check back often for Regular Progress Reports and Screenshots!

Eastern:

Not yet complete!

Punic:

Not yet complete!

Roman:

Not yet complete!

Changelog:

-----Version 1.4-----

-Updated For CA Patch Live15, also known as The Emperor Edition.
    -Updated Building Unlocks for all units to work with new Building Chains and Keys.
    -Removed Germanic Veteran Riders as they are now redundant.
    -Increased Campaign Movement Points, Defense Values, Charge Values, and Rank Depths for all units to match STIM 4.0.

-----Version 1.34-----

-Updated For CA Patch Live14.

-----Version 1.33-----

-Corrected Briton Heroic Spear Nobles and Germanic Spear Masters not being able to be selected as a General unit in the campaign.

-----Version 1.32-----

-Changed weapon used by Barbarian Sword Cavalry units so they now have an additional 5 bonus attack against Infantry.
    -Increased charge stat for Barbarian Cavalry to match the increases to cav charge made by STIM 3.2.
    -Corrected low melee attack values for Barbarian Cavalry.
    -Increased Upkeep Costs for Barbarian Cavalry by 10.
    -Reduced morale of Briton Spear Nobles and Germanic Spear Masters to match changes made by STIM 3.2.

-----Version 1.31-----

-Adjusted Stats for Briton Javelinmen and German Skirmishers to match new changes made by STIM 3.1
    -Bugfix to correct German Spear Hunters and German Sword Hunters unlocking in the Tier 3 Bronzesmith. They now correctly unlock in the Tier 3 Ironsmith.

-----Version 1.3-----

-Completely Rebuilt to be compatible with STIM 3.0 and CA Patch Beta12
    -(1.0x) Vanilla Sizes are now the ONLY size option.
    No more waffling. This is here to stay.
    -Celtic Swordsmen and Celtic Spearmen removed from the mod,
    as CA has filled this gap with nearly identical units themselves.
    -Changed name of Celtic Cavalry to Valiant Cavalry to better fit the Vanilla naming style.
    -Changed name of Blood Hunters to Sword Hunters to accommodate brand new German unit.
    -Added new German Spear Hunters Unit.
    -Adjusted buildings required to unlock units to fit with STIM 3.0.

-----Version 1.2-----

-Added Option For Either (1.0x) Vanilla Sizes, OR (2.0x) Double Sizes, in correspondence with STIM Update 2.1.

-----Version 1.1-----

-Increased Default Unit Size to 2.0x in correspondence with STIM Update 2.0.

-----Version 1.0-----

-First Release!
    -13 New Units for The Barbarian Culture introduced.

Permissions:

No user or modder has permission to repost this mod, altered or not, on TWC or any other website without first consulting me through PM on TWC, and without first receiving my EXPRESS CONSENT through this medium. Please respect this wish and contact me first if you want to use this mod for anything other than personal use.

Forum Rules On This Matter Can Be Found Here.

Installation:

STEP Is Now Available Through the Steam Workshop.
    Your preferred method of download is entirely up to you.
    Activating the mod will be done the same either way, which is simply ticking the mod "on" via CA's Integrated Mod Manager.
    Which ever method you are most comfortable with, I still recommend you check this thread regularly as this is the easiest place to post changelogs.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.4 HERE

Download the .rar file provided in the Mediafire link above, unzip and extract the folder to any location. After extracting, READ THE README.
    Then take the .pack file of your choice and simply move it into your "steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data" folder.

Load up the game using Steam, and activate the mod using the Mod Manager included in the pre-launch window provided by CA.

If for some reason you can't get Mod Manager to work, Troubleshooting Instructions are included in the downloaded Readme. READ THE README.

Checking any Barbarian Faction Unit Roster in a custom battle is a quick way to check that the mod is installed correctly and working.

Compatibility:

THIS MOD IS INTENDED FOR USE WITH SILVEN TOTAL IMPROVEMENT MOD!! Download STIM Here!

Version 1.4 is completely compatible with CA Patch Live15, also known as The Emperor Edition.

Everything introduced by this mod is a brand new addition, therefore it should be 100% compatible with any other mod.
    HOWEVER, I can only guarantee Unit Stat Balance when used alongside STIM.

Last edited by Silven; September 28, 2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Version 1.4 Release

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures

Hi Silven,

Could you comment on the part historicity will play in this unit pack?

Also, the concern I have about "filling in the gaps" with the factions is that I think sometimes the lack of a certain unit for a faction is a design choice. That is to say, it preserves the uniqueness in play style of each faction. Like the Spartans for example, who lack good cavalry and missiles but instead have excellent spear infantry (as they did historically) as opposed to a faction like the Parthians who have great horsemen but fairly weak infantry.

Don't get me wrong though, more unit variety is always good. And one can stay within historical boundaries and still create variety; to extend the Spartan argument, I'm sure they fielded many other units that weren't just spearmen like the Sciritae which could be represented in-game as either an elite light infantry unit or a flanking force.

Anyway, just throwing ideas around. I'm sure this unit pack will be great.

Looking forward to it!

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures

Just please don't add a bunch of naked units to Arveni, one is more than enough as it is.

I can't wait! This sounds amazing.

If I may suggest, Arabian factions only have levy spearmen and noble swordsmen as infantry, basically one really weak unit, and one elite. I think a unit or two to fill in the gaps would make them more balanced, and a better faction to fight with or against.
    Last edited by PurpleScotch; October 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

I was hoping you'd add some units like Radious. I like your battle changes more than his units. But I also like his units. Now I can get my cake and eat it too!

Wow looking foward for your unit pack. I really like your overhaul mod and i'm sure your unit will be very cool. I hope in the long term we have many new unit even for each factions.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Hellbent
    The factions that have an intentionally specific weakness in their roster due to an intentional strength elsewhere (i.e. Parthians with great cavalry) will still maintain this kind of weighting and uniqueness. The "Gap-filling" that I speak of is mostly meant towards situations like, for example, the barbarian factions. For some reason, the Suebi have archers, and the Iceni and Arverni don't. The Arverni have elite-armoured Spearmen, but the Iceni and Suebi don't.
    In this example, I plan on giving those factions missing units that other factions IN THE SAME CULTURE have access to, access to them as well. While still maintaining the cultural identifiers that make each specific unit clearly unique to that specific FACTION.

@Master Necromancer
    Worry not! Not a single nude unit is planned for any barbarian factions. Not at any point in the foreseeable future at least. (They all already have access to 1 or a unit comparable to the nude units in the Tavern chain.)

@killerxguy
    I haven't yet looked into the Arabian factions but if what you say is true, then yes, changes like this are what I have in mind.

@DavidtheDuke and cmirezm

Glad to hear there ARE in fact people wanting to see this release. Keeps me motivated.
    Last edited by Silven; October 11, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

@Silven:

That is good to hear.

Also you are an evil, evil man for making a thread like this and than making us all wait.

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

I will be REALLY happy to see the Iceni given archers, the fact they don't have them has been cheesing me off no end!

Looking forward to this mod but will it be compatible with Athalwulf's Natural Dyesmod?
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

Have you given any thought to cooperating with other (realistic units) mods such as Arete ton Xenon: Carthage Overhaul or the Ephirus Expansion Project? Might accelerate the progress of the mod.

awesome silven, cant wait until its released.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Albion Dude
    Yes, this was really irritating for me as well. At the very least, all of these barbarian factions would have had access to a basic bow and arrow. One idea that I've been struggling to make a decision on though, is whether or not I should give the Iceni access to Longbowmen as well. The typical "Longbow" as we think of it when thinking of the briton culture would not have come up until the founding of a unified England several centuries later, but then again, the "Longbowmen" in-game aren't the same as English Longbowmen, considering the Suebi have access to them. Anyone else with thoughts on this?

@Master.Mind

I certainly wouldn't be against considering it. But no other Unit Pack authors have approached me with the idea. And I think when it comes to Unit Packs many authors tend to enjoy having their own say on balancing historical realism against game balance and personal taste.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Preview 1 Posted]

Progress Report 1 has been posted. Feel free to peruse my terrible screens.

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Preview 1 Posted]

So far it looks quite nice. The Creator of the Arete ton Xenon: Carthage Overhaul has said that later (when ca is done with this one patch a week thing) he would like to make different versions of the mod compatible with all popular overhauls. He has also said, that if anyone wants to adapt his mod with an overhaul he would upload it. So I don't think he would mind.

Aww I want to see you do Rome first , anyway great work so far

Question: will you be removing all the fictional roman units and reform the roster to how the roman military should be? eg: like in the EB mod where it was mainly hastati, principes and triarii
    Last edited by Lt.Chris; October 12, 2013 at 08:29 AM.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Hm, can't see any screenshots. The spoilers are just empty for me.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Preview 2 Posted]

Preview 2 has been posted!

I added 4 new units to the line-up, and updated ALL the screenshots with ones that are, hopefully, better.

I'm still pretty terribru at screenshots though, so don't expect anything other than a shamefru dispray.

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Preview 2 Posted]

Please add 2 heavy melle units whit swords for the spartans Sword of Spart or Spartan Swordsman a
    shock cav like Spartan Hippeus(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippeis)
    And balance more the greek roster because in late game is really bad to fight the other enemies whit units like 45-60 atck 40-70 armor -40-50 defence

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Don't worry, the Greeks will get their turn next. In the meantime, the Barbarians aren't even done yet.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Silven Total Expansion Pack - A Unit Roster Expansion Mod For All Cultures [Preview 3 Posted] [Release Imminent]

Preview 3 has been posted. There are a few more units I plan on adding to the Barbarians, but for now the core of the Barbarian additions are in place and this mod is ready for release.

All that's left for me to do is make the adjustments to STIM recruitment unlocks, and then both Mod's will be released at the same time.

The Greeks are up next, so stay tuned!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast