Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 7

I just want to say keep updating mate cause ive been using your mods for a while now combined with others and they are far superior than others you go into alot more details.

So keep up the good work!

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

yeah i think the 2TPY / 4TPY is a restart because it uses a different startpos (in 2TPY or standard <-> medium recruitment (not low), you should have 4-6 capacity to build units every turn to help against the AI who has double what you get). Thats the easiest way to tell if the Mod's values are in effect... the 2TPY you should look at the year not chaning for 2 turns.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!

I've been putting in a lot of hours and sometimes i think i'm doing all this work for myself because Subs are so low ;o) not that I really care, but hearing back from you guys makes it all worthwhile!

Falciano, nice avatar - looks like it should be my Mod pic ;o)

I think you can just put the higher recruitment mod and it applies but let me know if you've verified that or not
    *The Faction Balance mod (link in signature or on Mod collection page) adds another 1k-3k to all the main AI factions so that would help any challenge if thats what you're looking for.. but wait until i update it, its at 2k-4k atm and the new version is less extreme / difficult.

FOR THE RECORD, my current personal build is TheDuBMod 2TPY COMPLETE + Humas As Roma Roleplay or FactionBalanceMod + TTT for fun (just got it last week- pretty cool) + Dark Devil Camera Mod (best cam mod i know of atm)... I had 'Standard' at 16 (now High) because i thought the challenge wasn't there without the high recruitment, but it seems like the AI got improved. I changed Recruitment finding it over the top, so i changed default / standard DuBMod to 12 in newest / Steam files (still need to get new linkes for manual download) instead of 16... then i moved medium recruitment to 8 instead of 12... and high recruitment is now 16... (Hardcore maxed at 20) so High Recruitment will make it significantly harder to take every single town because if they have money / inclination they can get an army after seeing you approach (sorry that kinda repeats because i combined 2 sentences and am too lazy to edit it atm)

Hardcore DOES have 'High Aggro' values but i did atleast leave them at that level in Patch 7 changes... where before patch 7 - i even made it worse Aggro... so the High Aggro is def. the declare war at slightest hint aspect of that sort of thing

Thanks, Dresden but you have similarly helped me out with the startpos besides all sorts of other things :O)

[edit]
    i forgot to add in the Faction Balance mod on my build i just listed... also feel free to give mod recs! spending time modding you dont get to know about all the cool other mods

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod has the potential for greatness! One day you shall rise...
    Australia needs to Aghe Badu!
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; December 15, 2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Aghe Badu

Now, i'm not too sure what to do... i find the game too easy without the AI getting those Stat bonuses, because i can abuse the ai and let it sucide so its no challenge but with the bonuses i cant do that... but duh i should roleplay? i dont know what to do for the standard... give me some feedback guys, i can go either way - units bonuses or not... i kinda figured DubMod would be more popular without the handicaps which i think people get scared of... but if people are scared anyways i might as well make it like that? as i said, im personally torn... so i need input from those who aren't me who play this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    Now, i'm not too sure what to do... i find the game too easy without the AI getting those Stat bonuses, because i can abuse the ai and let it sucide so its no challenge but with the bonuses i cant do that... but duh i should roleplay? i dont know what to do for the standard... give me some feedback guys, i can go either way - units bonuses or not... i kinda figured DubMod would be more popular without the handicaps which i think people get scared of... but if people are scared anyways i might as well make it like that? as i said, im personally torn... so i need input from those who aren't me who play this mod
    Really like your Mod, and it's a core part of my personal mod compilation. Playing on VH with Carthage is a really huge challenge now, and it was the first time I saw higher tier units (Rome had some elite stacks in turn 40...).
    BUT, the challenge at the beginning of the game is now a little bit too high, because nearly EVERY faction declares war. Mostly every Iberian tribe, Rome, Syracuse, every African tribe, and so on. And since the sea border is nearly undefedable against the damn embarking armies I had some really huge problems to even defend my home lands.

I know that that's not an essential part of your mod but is it possible to lower the attack rate against Carthage at the beginning? It would be nice if the AI at least doesn't break non-aggression treaties too fast because actually it's quite nonsense to sign such a treaty :/

I know the problems that appear with making the AI less aggressive, so that's not a solution... I don't know, if you could edit sth in the Carthage Balance Mod to mitigate this problem at the beginning without making the AI too passive. If that's possible!

This mod is tops. Been playing TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 7 for a while and love it. For the original version I take what you know if you say that its to easy with out the stat bonuses include them. Do what you have done in the last version. Can't wait till you update your mods to the latest patch.

Using TheDuBMod (Medium Recruitment + Hardcore) from the http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=196518685 And there is still no unit bonuses there.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Love this mod. I want to play patch 8 but I don't want to even try without this mod, so I'll wait until you can get it working!

Don't ever make it easier. On vanilla I find the game way too easy on legendary even with hard start factions. If the game is too hard, users can just lower the difficulty all the way down until they can handle it.

Outcast's Avatar Civis

Really love this mod. Makes things more interesting and enjoying

I hope we will get to see this great mod on patch 8

iSomething should be done about Rome surviving in the mod. I've played a quite number of campaigns with you mod and yet haven't seen that rome would survive over 100 turns. Rome should be like mongols in MTW a machine to grind through the others by default and yet there is no place for rome here.

When will you update the Mod for Patch 8/8.1?

updated on steam - working on manual links (no to 8.1 as beta)

agreed - i try to give Rome-specifically extra bonuses (Rome and Parthia gets the largest - the big boys on the block... also Parthia NEVER does well wah!!) in Faction Balance mod but thats specific to who the player is playing because Human player doesnt need the bonuses!! im gonna spam 11-12 of these mods so y'all can get that easier on Steam

btw, i lowered some 'military aggressiveness' this last round because i feel like even the low aggro ai has incentive to pick on weak and vulnerable enemy... this could lead to a much more boring game... i used to max it all out because anytime i didnt, the game was significantly easier... you guys need to tell me if its way too easy now... im hoping the lower aggro will make wars against certain neighbors less ALWAYS and EVERYONE... and hopefully this applies to SAVING CARTHAGE, ROME, PARTHIA ;o)

GUESS WHAT CARTHAGE? before i even read your post i had this idea... for the AI's sake i made Africa view Punic colonies like their own people (diplomacy-wise) so they should be much friendlier... my idea was, historically Berber tribes, Mauri and Numidi or Libyans were very closely aligned with Punic traders, maybe moreso than Greeks and Egyptians whom they were more often at war with (although both to be fair). Also, Spain presents enough of a challenge in RTW2 am i right? i keep seeing a Celtic Vandal Africa :O) kinda cool but not intended methinks... so im hoping this change which is in EVERY DuBMod should help them and still be challenging to the HUMAN player, because as you say, its not easy anyways... im really glad you told me about your Carthage game! i thought maybe Carthage was already too easy for human.

I also made Steppe-Germans friendlier, Celts-Germans ect... not a lot - just some interesting historical and game-balancing dynamics - i dont need to see Scythians in the baltic EVERY time... there was a reason they weren't there... they were friendly! why? because the Baltic were no threat, they were vassals / tribute-payers... no bs wars for no reason

ALSO, I deleted Realpolitik mod because its included now in EVERY DuBMod... because nobody else does Diplomacy and my Diplomacy is rather based in my mod, i want everybody to be forced into experiencing it ;o)

i leave out the Sack / Liberate mod only because some people might like Dresden's mod which is also good (but OP in regards to Confederacies for everyone) and i dont want it to conflict (esp because Dresden goes out of his way to not conflict - which is why our mods work together so well)

Very Nice, thank you very much!

Further I just want to add: Keep working! Your mod is in my opinion the best AI Mod for Rome and I haven't played Rome with the new patch until now your Mod has been actualized
    Last edited by Carthago; December 23, 2013 at 04:12 AM.

when this will be updated to patch 8 ?

i really can't play without this great mod

he´s holding it hostage until you provide some stupid feedback about previous version, only then he´ll send it to u via PM. What a moron!!

neoiq, that's kinda mean if he believes you ;o) but HILARIOUS!

sorry are you guys waiting for manual links? im slow...

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    what i do besides your mod to make ai more challenging is to get money cheat and give the main factions a nice gifts .. medium factions i give less money . minor no help at all . also i use 1 tech and build . after a while you will see main factions with full elite stacks and it will expand nicely . and you have to make idle main factions active from time to time by allying with them and give them some easy targets so they raises new generals with elite units .

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8

cool pics (are you posting them so i use them as screenshots? because i do need em hehe) maybe some text might help us... btw are those army balances from my 1.8 mod?