Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch6

Quote Originally Posted by Crappy View Post
    Hey! I'd like to try out your mod, but all the files are overwhelming. I'm using AGA, and it reccomended your campaign AI mod. Which files would you recommend? Thank you!
    I answered your question in the AGA thread, please check there. Cheers

In my point of view this is a must have mod, very chalenging and fun to play. Thank you,+rep ! Can you do a submod with high aggression+no unit bonus and maybe 20-30% higher recruitment for ai?

Does the mod no love for AI make the game easier than vanilla, or just easier than the original Superior AI mod?

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

there's no way i would ever make this easier than vanilla which is cheese...

sorry will catch up on replies but announcing UPDATE to Campaign AI (issue with uber-expensive temples not buildable for AI) - so NOT MUCH... but HUGE UPDATE on Battle Mod... mostly because I spent week+ testing stuff for the most EPIC long combat (but not just slow). Check it out... i am very proud of the balance, but i DO NEED FEEDBACK...

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) *new* EPIC Combat

So, how to use your hardcore mode. Do i need the TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch6_v2.pack or just TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch6(Hardcore).pack? Also, stats bonuses are great, but that 100+ morale even for militia and siege crews a bit boring. The morale is a big part of the total war, and the mod removes it.

what do you mean 100+ morale? you mean 100+10? or what? I've never had morale so high... perhaps you mean with less negative? that's not the same as 100+ morale... atm the 'Base Morale' is usu 40 or 50 instead of 30... also the units have a boost also... by 10 or so... latest version tho I did reduced how much I added to each unit from before (which might have been 20-30)... these guys always max out tho too (usu 100 or sometimes bumped to 110 ect)... there was no 150 morale in max stats

I am adding a bunch of options for different version, hopefully that makes your decision easier... I did not update Hardcore yet which is why the version is diff... you will see an updated version today.. but specifically, the 'Hardcore' replaces standard TheDuBMod... so you pick one or the other...

Well, as i said even though stats increase is a good way to make AI able to withstand Player's elite armies. The morale increase should be nerfed, well because that's not only historic issue or something but gameplay-wise it's looks stupid.
    Here some examples: http://postimg.org/image/5hc7qx9gb/full/ http://postimg.org/image/mhl3gfr41/full/ Elite units like oathsworns could go up to 150 morale.

right, but realize the game caps this and for some reason that displays more than 100 by default / vanilla even though the game cuts it off at 100.

I agree, the morale wasn't right before so I have fiddled with it more... I want units to run at some point... I like where it is now in 6.4 so please give me some feedback on that (let me know campaign vs custom).

for instance, this time around I am not really boosting elite unit morale (apart from handicap which is separate issue) but the lower tiers certainly get more

NOTE ALL : if you look at the download links (LOTS AND LOTS OF NEW STUFF - mostly different choices for those who KNOW what they want... if you don't know - stick to STANDARD [no subname]). anyways, that was way more work than intended and gonna need a break for a bit so please be patient on change logs ect.

Started 6 , maybe 7 campaigns in the last days and every campaign was different in every aspect. The only problem was the unit bonus because u have to check everytime the units and compare them. I just think morale bonus would be enough but better if the ai build some elite units later. In 1 of the campaign ive seen a full stack of the celtic warriors early also hoplites who had a defense of 130. My actual campaign without unit bonus is awesome , killed 400 units so far at turn 40.My brother agree that the campaign is now a challenge like it was in previous total war titles.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=195332758

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8...Beta(Lite).zip

I just made a patch 7 compatible version on steam... im also listing here... im also listing a LITE version for max compatibility and also because I have second thoughts on messing with unit stats.... so most important epic length is retained in rules and fatigue and weapon damage

OH YEAH * for consistency, I imported the new projectile damages based on Beta 7 (lots more AP OY!) so I adjusted by increasing time to reload and reducing non-ap damage (just to preserve their intention)... but anyways I imported the new values in Patch 6 version 5 if you aren't on to beta 7 yet and want to try the new stuff... I increased damage on melee ever so slightly
    ______

FYI guys probably not going to do Campaign stuff for beta 7 for awhile.... wanted the Battle AI just to see the new formation stuff and it is relatively simple... EDIT SCRATCH THAT... not gonna do a beta 7 Campaign AI whatsoever! sorry. The short time I witnessed the horrible pike spacing and spearmen has convinced me if I have to suffer such a fate, I will only do so under the guise of an official patch... I know, it's rather picky, but their solution for retarded rotation is a dumb one and im just glad I got to see my mod do its magic despite it all! :O) enjoy all youse who gotz the gutz to try it! (whatever patch)

______

btw all the ge.tt mirror compilations are going to have the older Battle AI v4 (not worth taking the time to update) sorry

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Even though it isn't a version designed for patch 7, will the campaign AI mod still work at all for patch 7?

Thanks!

good question... redownloaded 7 to check out for ya... GOOD NEWS! everything but the Battle AI seems like it should work with Patch 7beta (I even used a save from 6) and you can just manually choose version 7 beta Battle AI... They added a light _ javelin, a celtic longsword with bonus vs infantry, and some heavy arrow types (that's why)

______

Waelwulf Battle Grinder version 6.6 has no ammo or reload bonus (since projectiles got more dmg from beta 7 transfter) and less attack for all units (only +5 from vanilla) and only +5 Morale... because I recognize that changing things isn't so great (I figure 5 aint that big a deal)... ALSO, the Morale table is been tweaked

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 7

This thread is for CAMPAIGN-ONLY in the future... TheDuBMod Compilation here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ection-Patch-7

gonna see about getting my own folder / group but if its done by activity and not numbers/organization i def dont warrant more... :o/

This thread is for CAMPAIGN-ONLY in the future... TheDuBMod Compilation here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ection-Patch-7

gonna see about getting my own folder / group but if its done by activity and not numbers/organization i def dont warrant more... :o/

OH YEAH GUYS - CHANGED MY MIND - MADE PATCH 7 STUFF

some interesting new AI tasks like Protect threatrened lands and protect capital....

I am also letting do almost all Vanilla budget and building now with diff priorities (since ive gotten the budget where i want it otherwise)

___

what do you guys think of the new steam art / icons for the mods? :O)

FYI i need to update the links to 7_1 but update is already rolled out in Steam Workshop...

i became aware that Patch 7 needed a different variable for Food Fix and some tiny important tweaks

I have patch 4 can you help me please? It crashes my game when i am at the intro. I downloaded "TheDuBMod_SuperiorCampaignAI_Patch7(LowRec+HighAggro)".

Please i really want to play this mod.

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real TOTAL WAR)

Is your campaign mod compatible with DEI(divine and conquer)?
    If not, is it possible to make it so?

I like dei and this campaign mod is just perfect so i think a mix of the two would be legend wait for it, legendary.

I asked the project leader and my modding is not desired / "needed." Feel free to question them about it / change their mind ;o)

I even made the BareBones Mod which is a completely compatible stripped down version of my Mod that should work with everything.

AGA is compatible with all but Battle Mod so i think similar for DEI but i cannot say for sure because as I said (not going too deep into something i'm not alllowed in on lol)

I see Dresden is involved in DEI so no wonder people like it so much

Can you make it compatible with the 4th update?