Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 (v1) UPDATED 10/21

Mwah valt wel mee hoor,geen probleem geduld is een schone zaak.

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 (v1) UPDATED 10/21

Steam Workshop versions are LIVE! (except the Faction Balance Mod, which must be applied manually).

I'm going to use this Double post to say something silly...

Don't forget to Hit Like Me on MyFace!

Civis

Man I started a campaign as Suebi with your Mod, I'm having a very hard time. I'm the poorest in the region, everyone have full stacks and Im struggling to keep two cities (it's a bit weird that I've got two cities and Im miserable while most of the other tribes own just one and are rich)... Probably I'm going to be crushed now that my two enemies forged an alliance. It's cruel lol. I'm using your mod with AGA. I like the challenge, probably after being wiped out I'll go next as Rome, as their start situation is easier... wow

Heer Nesai,

- All of those GRAPHICS / Unit Addition Mods (should still be mostly graphics) should be completely compatible, unless they tamper with other tables they shouldn't, and if they do, it's their bad... My files are as modular as possible atm imo. Good to Go.

- Dresdens's Sack & Liberation Mod DOES CONFLICT WITH my TheDuBMod - AddSackLiberateClient MiniMod... My file is inspired by his Mod, but I change it for balance... up to you which one you prefer.

- You mention Four Turns Per Year Build and Research Times... do you mean Dresdens? If so, it DOES CONFLICT WITH TheDuBMod - Slower Tech & Growth MiniMod... again My file is inspired by his Mod.

- CloseCombat v3.2 ONLY CONFLICTS WITH TheDuBMod - Battle AI MiniMod... otherwise, Good to Go.

- Radious Economy and Research Mod.... (NO POINT and probably)

- Minor Factions are Minor (sounds like it probably CONFLICTS WITH TheDuBMod Faction Balance MiniMod)

- More Recruitment Slots (NO POINT and yes it conflicts... I add more than enough already) ;o)

- Thingdo's Warlike AI Mod (NO POINT... I doubt he's found a variable I am unaware of... and I doubt he touches anything like I)

- Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4 - I checked it out... NO CONFLICT! COMPLETELY COMPATIBLE

I have a Question for anybody who has been testing this recent version 5 (this might apply to previous versions as well)... does it seem like the AI leaves its regions to attack too often to the point of messing up their own defense? This is my main concern at the moment, because otherwise I don't mind the high attack priority....

also, does the mod feel better without the Maintenances bonuses for regular AI troops and lower Recruitment? is it too easy with lower Recruitment?

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Blitzkreig80....I'm really enjoying your mod at the moment and most of all I'm enjoying being able to modulaise it. This really fits into a flexible mod approach and allows users to decide what is higher priority for them.

I have also increased starting moner for Etrusca, Carthage, Egypt and Epirus and finds this helps all of them, especially their ability to wage total war at my expense!

I have a modding request for you that will help me (and others, but it is all about me ) which is designed to slow down the Roman Human faction, so that it doesn't break out of Italia too quickly. Can you look at creating a Roman Citizen recruiting system whereby velites, hastati, principes et al are only recruitable in the Roman Peninsula, plus Corsica, Sardinia and Sicilia. Darth Salat is using it in his mod, and he got it from a very early mod that was discontiued weeks ago. It involves the building effects junction and building levels tables, and as far as I can work out you need to change the effect scope or something similar?

Is there any chance you could take a look at this for me, as it requires an understanding of the coding that isabove my current knowledge barrier.

I just scoured that table and I don't see anything that would that sort of thing... rom_province_initiative_roman_romanisation_mod_aux_recruitment_cost was as close as I got and I'm pretty sure that's not it...

do you have a link to the old mod? i'm also wondering if the Difficile Ludum removed it and forgot to mention... because his page does say that

I updated to Battle AI 5.2.... 50% max melee to hit... Grindage

Blitzkrieg80 Thank you for your attention and time.Your mod is one of the best.

hello

first of all, excellent mod, enjoying seeing those big ai stacks.
    However i find that the bonuses to attack/def the ai get is too high, + i cant seem to edit them in PFM, i just get a blank list when i click on the cai_handicap_effects_tables submenu. I would edit the values lower myself but cant seem to work out how, i'd be grateful if you could tell me. If not i;d also be grateful for a version with less attack/def bonuses to ai recruited units. Because right now AI is crushing me in a 1:1 fight due to these bonuses.

+ i play on VH if that makes a difference.

regards

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI (Patch5_v2) UPDATED 10/25

sounds like you just need to redownload PFM or possibly get a newer version... I noticed table locks as a newer feature, although I don't know why its not letting you do it on that

please refer to the NO LOVE 4 AI version of TheDuBMod if you have not seen it, because it gives 0 bonuses to the AI troops.

saw your steam post, but I don't mind repeating... I DO WANT FEEDBACK on those troop bonuses... the only thing I've figured out for sure is that 70% morale bonus is too high ;o) so im openminded... I think its still too easy but hey, its cheap enough EH?

again, not real convinced on some of these changes... like Battle AI 5.2... I like the slower dynamic but does it kill things? I notice cavalry are WAY more vulnerable because they can't kill 40 people in a charge and leave... they might have to stick around...

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Blitzkreig80, thanks I'm just downloading no love for the AI to help with battle AI. I have been using Radious mod for battles, but the AI even outnumbered 2 to 1 with hastati vs spear infantry (Rome vs Etrusca), I take casualties of 4 to 1. Possibly, this came from your 5.1 Campaign AI...anyway hopefully this helps. I am desperate to find a battle AI that is hard fought and prolonged, where men don't run and crumble easy.

This is the mod I was talking about Roma Invicta .
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 22, 2013 at 06:34 PM.

ahh yes, turns out i was still using pfm v3.0 beta...lol woops.

Thanks for your help, and again nice hardcore mod for us tw veterans !

Great mod! Compatible with Nomadic DLC?

Great mod! Now I'm having a challenging war against the Illyrians.. 4 stacks every time they send an invasion force..

Btw, I don't see any faction declares war against me, or is it because I'm too powerful for them?

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign (Patch5v2) UPDATED 10/25

Yes this is compatible with Nomad DLC

*NEW UPDATE (version 2 of Patch 5)
    lots of good stuffYes this is compatible with Nomad DLC

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI (Patch5v2) UPDATED 10/25

Look here for more later... (interesting changes to keep an eye out for... will update asap)

Waelwulf Battle AI (The DuBMod Battle AI Patch5_v2)... Waelwulf because it's Grindy and Bloody ;o)

• Drastically reduced Chance To Hit for Melee Attacks
    • Increased Hit Points (+10) for all Infantry
    • Armor Penetration Damage reduced for all weapons (except AP weapons : Club, Axe, Lance, Falx, ect.)
    • Reduced all Armor (-10)
    • Increased Mass for Cavalry and Camels
    • Increased Run Speed, Acceleration, and Charge Speed for Cavalry and Elephants
    • Significantly increased Speed (infantry_light_fast) and Hit Points (+25) for Berserker Infantry

* NEW * Alternate TheDuBMod Campaign AI: Hardcore, High Recruitment, High Recruitment + High Aggro

OK... I know this is a silly request (baka desu), since nobody even posts in this thread... anyways it's a good thing I make this mod for myself :OP

I would love to have some Epic screenshots of TheDuBMod... if there's anybody out there...

Please post your screenshots (perhaps host somewhere free) and I will probably add them to the Steam Workshop Mod for Display :O) I only say "probably" in case I get 1000s (LOLZ)... ok, so yeah I will be using whatever I get ;o)

________________-

OK FYI - reversioning to base 5 for Battle AI and RENAMED.... but its EXACTLY the same as Battle AI 5.2... so don't freak out... don't even redownload... made it a standalone

ALSO while I'm thinking about it... My No Mo Mobs Mod (fun to say aint it) is already in TheDuBMod as standard ;o) I will probably modularize it next version but for now im not worried about it and hopefully you guys understand

You don't make it for yourself, i really enjoy your mod, expecially the challenge you create
    screenshots perhaps later, after some coffee

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI (Patch5_v2) UPDATED 10/26

Your mod is pretty good. it's actually making rome 2 tons of fun for me!

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI (Patch5_v2) UPDATED 10/26

oh thanks

Somebody pointed out the good point that low recruitment for the player vs the extremely high values I got in the Hardcore / High Rec Mod isn't the best idea... so I quickly replaced/ rolled out that improvement.... so higher player recruitment now with Hardcore Mode.