Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.2 UPDATED 10/16

FYI I snuck in a hotfix with barely any changes but a separate modularized Diplomacy file which does have better War / Peace values... less war, more Peace.... I really should have made it .21 but I want them to all match lolz

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.2 UPDATED 10/16

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    FYI I snuck in a hotfix with barely any changes but a separate modularized Diplomacy file which does have better War / Peace values... less war, more Peace.... I really should have made it .21 but I want them to all match lolz
    I came here to post about 4.2 looks like you might have fixed it! It is WAAAAY too easy to get peace now lol. It is always high chance no matter what on 4.2. Like literally Selucid declare war on me.. they are way more powerful, -200 towards me. I immediately request peace.. not only can I get it, but I can get 4000 coin for it! <-- This was working with all factions. Declare war, Ask for peace and money immediately.

Yikes I was hoping to avoid such but I could swear if you declare war TWICE in same turn on somebody... its not so easy ;o)

I can definitely hotfix that again (esp because I want to also roll out a new EXP bonus on AI troops)... just figure ill wait for now (exploitable peace for player amidst total war aint so bad? ROLEPLAY lolz) and collect more data? let me know what's up

[EDIT] Ok I tried to make a mid-ground compromise (having tested how over the top the Peace was) version of the Easy Peacy Mod.... Diplomacy .421 is released.

4TPY is Live! I am using a version combining Dresden's 2TPY BuildingTechCostGrowth Mods and his startpos.esf, combined with my CampaignAI which I have modified so that recruitment in 1 turn is less than before (how I think 4 turns per year should balance- a unit in 4 mo. ect... i can always decrease recruitment capacity- let me know!)- I also reduced Research for AI

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.21 UPDATED 10/18

I just want go give some feedback:

Played with your standard Campaign AI V4.2, together with STIM, Radious AI Mod (I just let your Mod overwrite those) and the 2tpy Mods from Dresden. I choosed Carthage and went for Very Hard and the result was:

Absolutely amazing! It was hard as hell, I lost settlements, I won them back, at some point I could overcome my bad starting situation and then start to stabilize and conquer. I just want to point out that the AI you are in war with are constantly attacking you, looking for weak spots in your regions, even betray you by breaking Pacts and can be pretty hard to crack on their own territory. Even Taxation and Happiness of your settlements become more important and relevant due to the lack of money and troops you have.

All in all the campaign was a true challange up to 120 rounds (Haven´t played further and now can´t because autoupdate patch 5...) and achieving wins were really satisfieng. I tried your HighAggro Mod before and I think it was a bit too hard, the normal version on the other hand seems to be very balanced.
    The Diplomacy seems to be working fine as well. Factions tend to declare war on you more (which is great and absolutely necessary), but I was also able to maintain Trade Agreements and Non Agression Pacts. The issue Xil0 is reporting I can´t confirm, I wasn´t able to negotiate peace once to be accurate, even when the enemy faction was reduced to one remaining settlement.

Have some +rep and keep up the good work

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.21 UPDATED 10/18

Yes! finally 4tpy! I'll give you feedbacks soon blitz. many thanks for the 4tpy version

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 UPDATED 10/19

OK 1.5 LIVE (except Faction Balance Mod.... PLEASE BE PATIENT... adding links as I type)

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 UPDATED 10/19

Hey Blitzkreig80, your version 4.2 has been very satisfying and rewarding, and so I'm looking forward to checking your update 1.5. Essentially, what files have been changed, so if I need to alter any of my personal settings?

Also, what file contains happiness/taxation modifiers? This is the only thing that I see needs altering as my Romans arr too happy on the hugest tax settings. By the way, in4.2 has anyone else noticed the huge power blocks between allies and enemies develop?

Brilliant job,keep up the good work.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Hey blitz, is your mod working on patch 5?

Edit:Oops no need to comment to this, dindn't see the title lol
    Last edited by Garensterz; October 18, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

please get this on steam workshop I gotta try this
    My Specs derrty!!!
    Monitor: ASUSV236H 23inch 120hz 3D Monitor
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
    Ram: 12GB
    Hard Drive: 2TB
    Mother Board: EVGA X58 FTW3
    GPU's : 3 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 graphic cards in SLI mode PhysX,Direct 11,3D Vision Enabled.
    my system is a beast...

Yo Blitz which file do I download? just the full mod for 1.5 patch or more???
    My Specs derrty!!!
    Monitor: ASUSV236H 23inch 120hz 3D Monitor
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
    Ram: 12GB
    Hard Drive: 2TB
    Mother Board: EVGA X58 FTW3
    GPU's : 3 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 570 graphic cards in SLI mode PhysX,Direct 11,3D Vision Enabled.
    my system is a beast...

Complete = All

or separately... I do list the separate files in these { }. If you wanted to use with other mods or do not prefer an aspect.

I separated the Army Composition just in case people had other pref or some mod conflict... I would RECC my version though because its historically minded while also taking into account the strange ratio system they use that I have been tweaking endlessly in hopes of seeing something right.

Patrician

Thanks for updating your mod to patch 5 so quickly.

hehe, thanks for saying and you're welcome... kinda tired and hurried this FRI... didn't even expect the Patch either lolz...

Border Reiver, sorry I missed your Q before (and sorry anyone I might have missed... ill catch up eventually)... campaign difficulty handicap effects is the table which I use to give AI happiness bonus and does also one for player by default (but I do not modify)... is that what you're looking for? the happiness/taxation thing might be a 1.4/1.5 effect because I def. do not alter... I will try to get better details of what changed in the last rollout of my stuff, but I can tell you its mostly diplomacy (look below), some tweaking on the AI priorities (just shifting small values around), and 100% EXP gain on AI army... the 1.5 patch actually ADDED some strategic values I got to modify special for 1.5 but unfortunately they're AI_ATTACK_PLAYER and my mod already does that LOLZ... so I didn't put it very high at all (you'll thank me later ;o)

ok, for those who are curious, Diplomacy is lessened (less War and Less Peace) but hopefully still pretty pro peace still...

Im gonna work on figuring out how to publish this on steam workshop tomorrow... oi vey... be patient on better links and documentation, thanks...

I REALLY appreciate all the feedback and support... keep it coming! If I haven't gotten back to you- STAND FAST, shield-brother ;o)

Patrician

Good stuff Blitzkreig80, we are all learning at this stage. No problems about missing the question, but what do the Army composition files and Lowrec files do?

*I forgot to mention that I completely removed all extra upkeep I was giving AI... so now its cheap for them to recruit (like emergency) but they wont maintain huge armies indef. unless they have a real economy... they still get free subsistence...

btw, I changed the Subsistence to Hidden_Capital... tested to make sure it stacks with Faction Balance... maybe if 'hidden' the power / money balance in diplo wont show on visual scale?

Low_Rec was Lower Recruitment version- ideally for 4TPY... I believe 14 land Rec. for AI normally (Legendary Difficulty), while Low Rec. is 9... So about -5 on all Difficluties.... [EDIT]This has been replaced by the VanillaRecruitment Option. I have made Standard TheDuBMod almost the same as the Low_Rec which is 10 REC on Legendary, 9, 8, ect... so Vanilla is 1/2 that... perfect for 4TPY (Full TheDuBMod Recruitment is meant for 2YPT- my pref).

Army Composition (OPTIONAL Minimod) is very similar to what I was doing before, tweaking the army composition, but its separate now. It uses the cdir_military_generator_template_ratios [seems like RTW2 mainly uses this for various culture-specific composition] or and cdir_unit_balance (which might not even be used, but ive seen the devs change values between patches?)... the only interesting change I can use as an example for u is this: They use high ratios but in these high ratio templates they can accidently have ALL 1 type of unit to fill the ratio... such as Parthia with 14 Horse Archers... means it can have up to 14 units before it picks another type... so they have stacks of garbage that will ALWAYS lose against a real army (great job devs!)... ever seen too many slingers and such? I think that's why.... so my recent idea, which i'm still testing... is LOWERING all the ratios, while keeping the ratio between actual types of units (the whole point). So Parthia in my build 4 Horse Archers before reseting and building another 4 (meanwhile it built all the foot and other types in the template before resetting).... This doesn't make sense I'm sure, because it's hard to explain... maybe I will explain better in documentation someday ;o) So of course this is optional now, because PERHAPS, somebody likes the all slinger and all horse archer stacks? Sure it sounds fun, but it isn't exactly hard to counter.... I wish I could get rid of the all melee Etruscan armies but that seems to be linked to Melee_Only in unit_balances so can't add anything and it might have been a peculiar error pre-patch5
    [edit]
    (just repeating what i put on front page hehe) More historical- for Example: La Tene Keltoi aka 'Balkan Celts' / 'Boii' use more La Tene Swordsmen and Cavalry)

[edit]
    ok the main page has all the downloads it should... High Aggro and NoUnitCashHandicap versions are up... not gonna do modpacks beyond what is listed... not real convinced that's a program people should be using, esp with Steam Workshop live. Documentation coming... at least there is a little more

ArmyComposition Patch51 Hotfix.... getting pretty decent results on army composition with the new patch and lower ratios but I noticed melee was too high still (shortchanging horse and skirmisher)... thus why I rolled out a new file so soon... should be pretty sweet now... only downside is a little less spearmen in general with non-greeks..

[EDIT]

Whoa. 2nd Hotfix... doesn't sound good eh? well it's more perfectionism really, since the other versions work fine... just unintended stuff... changed Campaign AI to 1.51 because I noticed the new AI EXP bonus is like a champion who is forever recruiting without an actual agent... and I had 300% on Legendary LOLZ... woops didn't realize they could gain EXP without combat with that... so that is the PRIMARY change, doesn't kill your game but I don't wanna play with it that high.

I've also lower recruitment considerably in light of the game AI actually doing a better job in 1.5... the funny thing is their improvements aren't in the tables i'm using so they're stacking (SWEET!) but on the other hand, I am somewhat disappointed that my mod isn't too OP considering the AI is supposed to be fixed ;o)

I'm hoping that lower recruitment combined with no free maintenance, might feel less cheap and still be an interesting challenge (this is only in good faith that 1.5 has better AI)?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 UPDATED 10/20

"ume_concerned_army_destruction=100" is that the one that causes full units to route when you've killed a lot of their men? Freaking annoying when they do that...

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch5 UPDATED 10/20

TheDuBMod - High / Very High Aggrevation Mods (v5.1)

• AI ‘Military Aggressiveness’ increased by personality to max (High / Very_High)

please can you explain what does it mean how much aggressiveness the AI are and which one recommended to use (High / Very High)
    i am new here

Is your mod compatible with these mods? If it isnt can you please tell me which one i must delete?

Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.4 - Radious version

Carthage unit pack

Four Turns Per Year Build and Research Times

Dresden's Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod

R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

Kaziels roman unit pack

New Elite Unit's for Macadon : Royal Guard and Royal Guard Cavalry

Minor Factions are Minor

Arcade graphical effects removal

CloseCombat v3.2.

Radious Economy and Research Mod

Radious Unit Pack 1 - Barbarian Invasion

More Recruitment Slots

Thingdo's Warlike AI Mod

Traits, Talents, and Toadies: A Character Mod Overhaul v.1.4

TWH UNIT PACK 0.7.pack

newt, indeed I think it does that... thus why I loathe it so :OP (btw that avatar is awesome)

khaled... funny you should ask, was getting to that today... updated Aggro files and description on main page... increased aggressiveness in Standard... somehow their aggressiveness with building forces is tied to the Aggro variables, so I wasn't happy with medium-ish behavior...

IMPORTANT 5.1 Campaign/ArmyComp/BattleAi hotfixes I ninja'ed in without changing the name/version (so sorry)... these are changes meant for v5 that I somehow forgot (like extra incentive not to ditch / run from own province)....OH NOES- coder faux pas, n'est pas? C'est la vie!

btw, BattleAI is renamed from Morale again... yeah I know... lolz... well I added some 'battle speed' / miss % that makes it qualify more for Battle AI... ok im kidding myself ;o)

Nesai, wow... that's a lot of work you're asking for lolz... i'll give ya something if you're patient :O)