Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4 UPDATED

Hey Blitz sorry to bother you with another question. Im using your mod however Ive just lowered your recruitment and extra income a tad bit. The only thing I find weird is the balance of power bars in game. They are way off probably because of their extra income is factored into the equation. It should lead more towards units. Would you happen to know what DB table is for editing the priorities that make up that 'Balance Bar' ?

And BTW game feels like Shogun 2 difficulty again. The AI actually does smart things to me... I know that is mostly because now it thinks its stronger than me so it acts out more.

Hi, any chance of making it compatible with Mod manager? Some weird conflicts with other mods and i can't even choose the load order =(.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Pleas make a 4tpy version. That would be awesome!

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Pleas make a 4tpy version. That would be awesome!
    None of these files require a special 4tpy version. They're mostly priority and ratio changes...

Quote Originally Posted by newt View Post
    None of these files require a special 4tpy version. They're mostly priority and ratio changes...
    He said in the thread that he would make a 4tpy version for this mod. I was just encouraging him to do so.

the hell this mod destroyed me on legendary difficulty on rome. 3 turns and eust state have 2 full stack armies on my lands

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI

Ant909, i'm honored... thanks for using my mod for your utube vids! I'll have to check it out

Xilo, good question on balance and diplo... I see the word 'balance' in some of the diplo factors... but im thinking you need a graphics-related item... ANYBODY? BUELLER?

it's good for the request for 4tpy because I didn't think anybody cared / needed so I wasn't really thinking about it lolz... but I kind of want one for myself to try it out (miss that sort of thing from EB but possibly not worth balancing issues at first thought). extra incentive is good

Nekonoko, did you actually try the new mod.pack / mod manager versions? i tested to see if they showed up in mod manager... are you saying they still don't work or... let me know

FYI- I figured people playing Legendary wanted extra punishment? is that bad logic? i'd be happy to make it more like Very Hard lolz... I don't play Legendary even though I'd like to, just because I can't stand the Autosave feature... I really don't need it to save just when I want to look at it stuff... and then not save on really important aspects.. like after a major battle I won during the AI's turn... like I said, I can tone it down.

Same goes for basic game too... What's the concensus? The high recruitment feel way too cheap atm? Too much money?

Question: how does it scale on lower difficulties? I have been mostly testing on higher difficulties... I figure some of the factions like Suebi and Iceni are nigh-impossible on the highest settings, so hopefully everyone gets that its ok to turn down the difficulty ;o) its not like the vanilla difficulty mattered much in the first place, so you're not losing anything

[Edit]
    SIDE NOTE

Good news! Just successfully tested adding food to the AI based on difficulty PER Province... so its dynamic... rather than a bulk sum of food... WITHOUT BUILDINGS YOINK... I know, I know, you say computer cheat, I say computer fun... because REALLY... we want to play vs AI who need food and cant protect themselves? NAH... short of making recruitment bottom level on barracks and such, we can allow for at least more building space for the proper military buildings... I think how the AI balances its buildings, just military-wise is more interesting than seeing how a limited builing-mechanic game plays out when the AI needs to balance resources LOLZ... sorry if I go on and on about what some people expect out of a Total War game (such as developers who can't supply the minimum of the premise of their game)... it's Theatre of the Absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    it's good for the request for 4tpy because I didn't think anybody cared / needed so I wasn't really thinking about it lolz... but I kind of want one for myself to try it out (miss that sort of thing from EB but possibly not worth balancing issues at first thought). extra incentive is good
    Don't worry you're not alone on this one, there are tons of people here in the forums are also interested in 4tpy. If you checked on silven's poll on tpy, both 2tpy and 4tpy bars were racing at the end.

If you are planning on making this. I would be grateful if you stretched out build times of techs and buildings. Or even a 1 unit recruitment per turn.

Hoping to see big changes on your further updates, Good luck and happy modding!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Blitzkreig80, your mod has me very interested, as I am looking for a new challenge and a change from the last AI mod I was playing I want it aggressive and challenging so I have downloaded TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch4(HighAggro) and TheDuBMod_AddSackLiberateClient_Patch4.2.

Do I have to download any other files to be current in my installation?

I get what'cha mean. Heh. If you don't use a battle overhaul mod already, I endorse using Selea's Ars Gratia Artis Battle Mod. Love it and have decided to stick by it.

I use that in conjunction with the DuBMod and City recruitment mod. My games are fun and pretty erratic.

You can expect the AI to keep up with army numbers and army quality (financial/stability quality) with those mods.

Border Reiver, I would be very interested in feedback on that HighAggro version I'm kind of afraid to test much lolz... basically I've played with the High/Very High Aggro quite a bit but not with all the resources in TheDuBMod. Also, Yes just the 1 main file, with 2 optional, sounds like you don't have the Morale file but it's nothing major if you prefer something else or like Vanilla. I'm happy to see you're using the AddSackLiberateClient just because I sometimes feel silly including these unimportant other files, but they are slightly different from mods, let's say that might give you all diplomacy options (such as Confed for all... so fun but OP). OK... just want to give a shout out to Dresden's awesome mod which inspired my AddSackLiberateClient :o)

Yeah you guys with the Ars Gratia Artis... must be good... Im thinking I will HAVE to try it ;o) just to see what the fuss is about

Patrician

Thanks Blitzkreig80, I've decided to take a step back and read your OP again. I think I will start with the standard module, for the time being, and that way I can properly report back important observations and differences. Your settings for that seem to be exactly what I want, including the morale mod which I will download.

I am terribly confilcted about the battle AI though, and I thank both you and Socktu for the suggestions about the Ars Gratia Artis mod, but they combine the three Roman families into one. I really want a long and bloody fight to the death, which still at the last minutes will allow the units to break.

Can I confirm this load to get the most out of your work:

TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch4.1.zip
    TheDuBMod_Morale_Patch4.zip
    TheDuBMod_AddSackLiberateClient_Patch4.2.zip
    TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch4.2x.zip
    TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch4.1(NoUnitBonus).zip
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 15, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

Why your mod doesn't work with 4tpy tech and building times mod? it jut crashes at the intro. I believe there's no conflict between them.

Ok I have an updated version... I haven't had much time to test it, Sorry... but I feel pretty good about some of the changes.

Big change (sorta) is that I remove the Effects_Bundles table from Campaign AI just in case it conflicts with other mods... I notice a lot of people modify that... ALSO, I don't need it for the Campaign AI... it was mostly to remove the EXTRA bonus for Africa / Arabia besides the Handicap... anyways.... now there is a modularized version for the mod- TheDuBMod_FactionBalance_Patch4.2.... This Modularized version exists so you can have Rome become the evil empire it should, ect. based on the Human not choosing the AI with bonuses.

Border Reiver... you only want 1 Campaign AI.... I reformatted the download links... let me know if its still confusing.
    You can now get all 'TheDuBMod' in a single Download TheDuBMod_CompleteMOD_Patch4.2.zip, which contains:
    TheDuBMod_CampaignAI_Patch4.2.zip
    TheDuBMod_Morale_Patch4.2.zip
    TheDuBMod_AddSackLiberateClient_Patch4.2.zip
    TheDuBMod_FactionBalance_Patch4.2.zip

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.2 UPDATED 10/16

How aggressive is the AI towards the other nations as well as the player? They never build their own empires in the vanilla version which is frustrating

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real TOTAL WAR)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    Thanks for the quick comments everyone...

Massive Attack, Radious should be fine as long as you don't use his 'AI' with my Campaign AI (pretty much meant as replacement) but the only thing diff that I've seen in one of his latest versions is he adds some diff balance to diplomatic stuff (and of course, his AI military Aggression and other stuff is tame compared to mine).

Nekonoko, yes there is a +5% extra food (highest even given by devs) in all construction paradigms on this, even tho a good deal is 'militarized' so yes. I believe I took away economy it doesn't need because of flat cash aka subsistence to compensate.

Bad Devil, it is currently version 13 which means standard patch 1.3... but I am thinking of getting the beta patch 4 out version out asap

Billydilly, yes I just checked and Close Combat would conflict with my 'Battle AI' but DEF not the 'Campaign AI' which is why I separated

Sorry if the download links don't work... it was 'attachment' in the forums... I had a feeling that was sketchy... hold on I will get some decent hosting going
    Starting a new campaign with your mod Not sure if I'll use 4.1 or 4.2 Idk I haven't patched my game recently and I have everything (battle wise) set the way I like it.
    Just used Radious AI mod and it's ok difficulty wise but the diplomacy thing... it's too crazy. Everyone declares war on me. (which is fine it makes up for the lack of AI aggression) but then there is no diplomacy. Try to do anything, make peace, trade, alliance, NAP, they say no just war. That's kinda boring in itself, but what is the real kicker is that after kicking their arse and taking their last settlemetn or capital making them a client state they'll go to war with you again after 1 turn!
    This is unrealistic, hey buddy I have 4 stacks outside your last city I just kicked your ass you should not be declaring war on me and breaking annother alliance LMOA.

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4.2 UPDATED 10/16

I tried your HighAggro Version and the effect is certainly there. On very hard I still lose to Epirus every time, they build up 2 stacks of a nice army, conquer Athens and then come for me whilst I only got 1 stack of army max. It´s not impossible to win if I would have moved and acted better, all my campaign runs with your mod so far were for testing purposes, but I definitly like judging from what i´ve seen

edited bc twcenter was down.
    Anyways I tried your mod and played my typical campaign patch 4 with Closecombat, radious campaign AI mod, and half melee dmg. I played as rome
    I really liked the mod, especially since it doesn't go nuts on the diplomacy like radious's mod.
    My hard mode campaign (usually play on hard) went like this.
    Took out the etruscans, took their island to the west then war with carthage. I was pretty much destroying carthage and the etruscans were ground to dust. Then lugaria declares war and I notice they only have half a stack. 2 turns later I'm fighting full stack & Egypt is sending stacks of Fleet to me, & everyone's running around with stacks of armies.
    Needless to say I got my butt whipped and went to normal.
    Playing normal now, and the game is kinda easy but not as esay as vanilla.
    I am getting like 30:1 kill ratios at some points.
    Last edited by jkjktotalwar; October 17, 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Patrician

Ok, I have been trying your 4.2 normal version and it is very aggressive as it is. Playing as Rome on Legendary the Spartans invaded with 2 full stacks and capture Brundisium and Neapolis on turns 16 and 17. I'm playing a 4tpy mod, with a lot of my own stats at play as well. All your files have retained their initial integrity

I have been playing another mod for the past month and thought his campaign AI was awesome and unique, however yours plays almost identical, if not actually identical (I wonder why???). I have managed to secure trade with Massilla, Ardei and Liguria, because the Etruscans, Spartan and Carthage are spanking me silly.

I'm not concerned by the diplomacy as this is how it should be,it is very difficult to maintain allies and trade partners. I have made one small change to see if by increasing the boundaries between responses, whether it will alleviate knee jerk declare war scenarios:

friendly = 50
    hostile = -100
    neutral = 0
    unfriendly = -50
    very friendly = 100

Please do not make this any easier, you are right on the money with your mod so far, just as EB was when it was released all those years ago.

EDIT: Possibly, with the declare war optionst may need slight changes. My 3 trade allies just declared war on the 17th turn, only a slight tweak though.

However, this is still in the bounds of reality and actually mimics the Iberian tribes during the 2nd Punic War, swapping and changing sides from Carthage to Rome instantly once Scipio arrived in Iberia and defeated Hanno.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; October 17, 2013 at 02:56 AM.