Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI) Patch 8, 9

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real TOTAL WAR)

It tried to activate the mod with ModManager but it doesn´t worked so I assume this Mod is in .mov format. Would be awesome if you could make a .mod version too, so one can use this mod with other campaign overhauls/ changes

I've just removed the conflicting files from the other mods I use, and it's definitely working ok (the fact I have 4x 35unit stacks in turn 6 or 7 heading towards Pella playing as Macedon can back that up).
    I'd previously bumped AI faction income by 4k for majors, and nothing for myself and minors, and I'd kept this over your own effect_junction table, yet with this minors are still max stacking as soon as the major factions. Are there other income boosts for minor factions in the other tables, if so could you let me know how to find them? Quite like having control over this aspect myself.
    The CAI changes themselves are sweet though. Just curious if it's possible to change how often the AI uses forced march, or possible to remove the stance entirely? Pergemon and one of the factions to the North both Force Marched to my front door-step a few turns in, before declaring war the turn after. Kinda gives me a chance to ambush the next SOB that turns up uninvited outside my capital. To be fair, they might have been a bit more sensible had I been packing a stack of tidy troops, but knowing Total War AI, crediting it with much situational awareness is flattery.

Edit - Yeah, sorted it, forget the question about income.
    Last edited by Tomsie; October 09, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Blitzkrieg80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TheDuBMod Superior Campaign AI

Tomsie, as you probably already found out... I put the AI cash / subsistence in the Campaign Difficulty table where I can flip human=false, so the human never gets the AI bonuses... but you make a good point about income for smaller states... does a negative per spec. faction work for ya well for keeping the main factions dominant?

I am gonna put that BETA 4 version out today hopefully

Very good, thanks for letting me know you guys use a 'Mod Manager' :O) - looking into and should have ya something soon

I fail to see why this is better AI? Its not its just better AI bonuses.

I dont mean to be a grumpy guy or a troll, but is it possible someone could actually modify the ai behaviour rather then giving them a ridiculous OP recruitment ability.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    I fail to see why this is better AI? Its not its just better AI bonuses.

I dont mean to be a grumpy guy or a troll, but is it possible someone could actually modify the ai behaviour rather then giving them a ridiculous OP recruitment ability.
    If by 'militarized' the OP means the AI now prioritizes military over all else, then I see about 50/50 in terms of AI behavior vs AI bonus modifications. Those highlighted in green are AI behavior modifications, and those in red are AI bonuses.

Campaign AI
    - Increased AI ‘Military Aggressiveness’ by personality along with other factors to make the AI much more prone to attack the player, esp. when at war with others
    - AI Budget has been completely ‘militarized’
    - AI Tech path has been ‘militarized’ although some are ‘balanced’ for flavor, ect.
    - AI Building Construction has been ‘militarized’ (except African/Arabian who seem to be nerfed by intent for Carthage, Egypt, ect).
    - AI focuses more on building Land Units
    - AI Unit composition is more interesting and challenging, historical, ect. (generally a bit more Cavalry which the AI does use)
    - AI can recruit MUCH more units per turn, scaled by Difficulty.
    - AI Land Units receive Morale, Defense and other Bonuses, scaled by Difficulty (offsets any significantly weaker unit selection and adds challenge).
    - AI receives additional ‘Subsistence’ / cash every turn, scaled by Difficulty
    - AI receives additional Research Points every turn, scaled by Difficulty
    - AI pays less Unit Maintenance

- All factions can ‘liberate’ and ‘sack’ (Thanks to Dresden for pointing that table out)

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Well that's true... the 'AI' aspect has nothing to do with the unit bonuses and such for sure (that's more personal to compensate for terrible hardcode atm), and AI in terms of Total War should always have a tongue in cheek in the first place ;o)

OK guys... The DuBMod for Beta 4 is ready!

Tyso, sadly if you want to play the game and face any kind of challenge then sadly AI buffs are the only way to go. That applies to both the battles and the campaign map. There's too many things for the AI to manage currently, and it just cant cope without help. Spartans written a great list of what the changes do above, and its really easy to edit these yourself to your own level. I play on VH and I had to turn AI recruitment to 9units a turn cos I just couldnt keep up. Edit it to fit your needs.

I've played about 20 odd turns so far, just managed to take over the thracian region. Ive usually got both thracia and the epirus region by this stage. Ive just turned down the minor AI faction income now, and I'll keep you posted on majors longevity. Its not gunna be too accurate as the minors have had 20 turns of boost, but Ive had great fun and 2 really close battles getting this far. AI is a LOT more aggressive, but only when it has an advantage, the whole system is just feeling more sensible now.
    Epirus still has both her starting regions, and there's a massive war in greece as sparta declared war on me and I had to drag in athens to keep me covered. Im gunna kick off on Epirus tonight, and rather than me stomping them, I can see its gunna be a hard fight.

I cant recommend this mod enough to anyone who wants a hard fight. Id say the AI recruitment slots are a few too many on VH, im no TW slouch, and I was getting raped with 14. 8 to 10 seems a nice number. I play with 35 stacks though, which does change things a bit though.

Edit - Blitz, is there anyway to make the AI prioritise Military upgrade buildings (workshops and training fields) over barracks? Im using city recruitment mod so theyre a bit pointless. All I can see are options for economic, happiness or military in the db.
    Last edited by Tomsie; October 10, 2013 at 08:33 AM.

i would like to say thanks for the awesome mod you have created. The ai is constantly attacking me which i like my game to be challenging. The ai gives me little time to take a break which is a good thing to me. Keep up the good work and thanks for your hardwork

You're welcome... I appreciate the compliments and interest everyone.

Yes, some of the philosophy of the mod is that the added Research and Subsistence the AI gets (combined with my table code telling it to not build Economy / Research) allows it to build war buildings and such, the whole point of the game... I mean, this isn't Civilization V or Europa Universalis IV... Total War games are meant to set up Total War for the most part, although I won't complain if they want to make the game more in-depth for building, but so far it never has been.

I recently replaced the files with updated stuff.... newer 1.41 version should be better... had some ideas while testing it.

Tomsie, I wish I knew a way to do what you're talking about. I thought I saw a table while parsing through all the main db that mentioned something with buildings and upgrade path ect, but I will have to keep an eye out for that again. If anybody knows, feel free to fill us in.

[edit]
    forgot to mention that I agreed on the overkill on recruitment for AI, so I reduced it a little bit... just a little lolz

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI / Challenge - Real TOTAL WAR)

Mate, youre an hardcore player that wanted to share it with the community, i think you should have a chat with Selea of Ars Gratia Artis http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ated-10-10-13) , mb theres a conflict with u as u changed some values on the battle AI, but plz before all jsut test it, and youll understand my engoument at just dreaming that you 2 could mùake yours mods compatible, Radios is ok, but im not fan, yours is really nice and promising, hardcore bro! haha hso jsut test this hardcore BAI and make us wet! lol

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Using beta morale 1.41.
    Just destroyed an enemy fleet with balliasta ships. They remained at 'confident' the entire battle, no matter what happened. I agree units routed too fast before, but this is kind of the other extreme. They should at the least drop to concerned when they are the only ship left. Not sure what's changed in 1.42, but getting it now.

Edit: I just looked and there's no values for navy losses, like in the land units table. Never mind
    Last edited by newt; October 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

just a quick question, they just updated the standard patch today so that means will wait to wait for the mod to be updated to standard patch 1.4 right?

Hey Thanks I got news of the new patch from this thread first ;o) NICE.

Ok, be patient guys... [edit] I have the new patch version rolled out!

I'm kinda excited because I decided to add some diplomacy tweaks to get war and peace easier...

Newt, you're right. I wasn't happy with the Morale either. I am going mostly with Patch 4 vanilla because they made 'Base Morale' 30 again (was 10) - that's just land units. Gonna not touch the navy much. So unless I really want to change a lot... no point.

Default Re: TheDuBMod (Superior Campaign AI - Real Total War) Patch4 UPDATED

Blitzkrieg, woderful job! That's the mod i most appriciate. But do you keep the 1.3 version of your work since i have a little problem of the new ones or you can post the link here, a million of thanks

Hey Johnny-Utah, I was about to cringe in dismay, because I totally JUST deleted all the old files... but I found that the files are kept in limbo for now on the forum attachments.... so you're in luck! I will totally host the old stuff too from now on ;o) I thought about it briefly and thought - 'oh no, there couldn't be any issues with the patches' lolz

[edit] anyways, 1.3 is up again on the front page :O)

FYI on 1.41- sorry guys to be a constant nit-pick (so that you see new files too often) but at least you get updated stuff... Patch 4.1 has a little tweak... I had a panic attack about my fun new various pro-war diplo values... the AI with resources is naturally more aggressive... so I rolled that back and left them in the HighAggro.

ha,buddy. I was in favor of your team EB a decade ago considering it is the best mod of Rome 1. Keep fighting!

Hey Blitz any chance you could teach me which effect_scope Id have to add to the difficulty DB table to add additional subsistence to large factions i.e. Rome ?

Xilo, as a matter of fact, while just looking into making mod manager .pack files, I stumbled across this help topic which addresses exactly that I think? so thanks to whoever... heres a link..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-faction_trait

now I can tell you, that will give the faction money even if it is a human player, so that's the only downside to faction-particular stuff atm afaik... so in my mod I don't go by faction.

rom_building_gdp_subsistence (which I just happened to find as a value to use for this purpose, while looking through the effects :O).
    [EDIT]
    Sorry You asked about scope specifically and I figured you meant something else... specifically, effect_scope = this_faction

FYI all - Mod Manager-friendly files are now available... with the 'mod' suffix

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg80 View Post
    Xilo, as a matter of fact, while just looking into making mod manager .pack files, I stumbled across this help topic which addresses exactly that I think? so thanks to whoever... heres a link..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-faction_trait

now I can tell you, that will give the faction money even if it is a human player, so that's the only downside to faction-particular stuff atm afaik... so in my mod I don't go by faction. Also, please note that rom_building_gdp_subsistence_faction_capital_hidden is used for default and what most people use, but it multiplies per province capital from what I can tell in-game... thus I use
    rom_building_gdp_subsistence (which I just happened to find as a value to use for this purpose, while looking through the effects :O).

FYI all - Mod Manager-friendly files are now available... with the 'mod' suffix
    Thanks for the reply. Ive been editing the startpos and giving Rome extra starting funds. Ill mess around with the faction trait stuff!

I love, love, love, love your mod bro!!! I do a let's play and started with Radious Mod and moved to yours------HUGE DIFFERENCE......Hey, if anyone wants to check them out here is a link. http://youtu.be/sGDvE2cd1FM

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast