Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Victory Conditions

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Victory Conditions

Nope. I don't see the regions. I have expanded every single tab possible for rom_rome and all connected victory condition tabs for rome. However, I still do not see the following "rome_main_italia rome_main_magna_graecia rome_main_aquitania rome_main_armenia rome_main_africa rome_main_britannia". Maybe I'm missing something? Or looking at the wrong place? Is it possible to place a screen capture of the specific tab where you can change the regions? That would help a lot! Thanks for any help given.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    Nope. I don't see the regions. I have expanded every single tab possible for rom_rome and all connected victory condition tabs for rome. However, I still do not see the following "rome_main_italia rome_main_magna_graecia rome_main_aquitania rome_main_armenia rome_main_africa rome_main_britannia". Maybe I'm missing something? Or looking at the wrong place? Is it possible to place a screen capture of the specific tab where you can change the regions? That would help a lot! Thanks for any help given.
    There is already a screen capture in the previous post above. Look at the top picture and in Objectives/Objectives-1/Campaign_Mission_Objective/Campaign_Mission_Objective_IMPL_Control_N_Provinces.

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

I am pretty sure I'm on the same page as you guys except that the colum with regions only has some system byte thing. As follows,

I am pretty sure I'm on the same page as you guys except that the colum with regions only has some system byte thing. As follows...
    Don't you just hate stuff like this. It's like the ghost in the machine. I guess my next question will have to be where did you get this copy of startpos.esf? It's definitely the wrong file or it has been corrupted at some point. Did you get it from your Data\campaigns\main_rome folder? Do you have a backup copy saved in another directory? If not, you'll need to go to Steam, right click on Rome 2 Total War in your game list, choose Properties, click on the tab Local Files, and then Verify Game Cache... Steam will verify the file's integrity and download another one.

LOL well I got the file from the Shorter Campaign Mod. I just realised you were the creator of the mod xD http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orter+campaign I'm currently using your mod, but just seemed to me like the Nomadic factions default victory provinces just totally didn't make any sense to me. I do not want to have to conquer Iberia, Italia, Carthage etc to win a Nomadic campaign. Hence, I decided to just edit the provinces required for Nomadic factions using your file. That's where I ran into the problem.

LOL well I got the file from the Shorter Campaign Mod. I just realised you were the creator of the mod xD http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...orter+campaign I'm currently using your mod, but just seemed to me like the Nomadic factions default victory provinces just totally didn't make any sense to me. I do not want to have to conquer Iberia, Italia, Carthage etc to win a Nomadic campaign. Hence, I decided to just edit the provinces required for Nomadic factions using your file. That's where I ran into the problem.
    So you were trying to edit the provinces on the Nomadic playable factions on one of my old startpos.esf files? But how did Rome's list of provinces end up a blank line? Maybe there I a ghost in the machine. Welcome to the world of modding.
    Last edited by Blackie42; October 27, 2013 at 05:39 PM.

Yeah I was editing or well, trying to edit the provinces on your stratpos files. In actual fact, all faction's list of provinces are a blank line. However, say if I create a duplicate condition of Rome for Roxolani, I get Rome's victory provinces. So to say, the province data is there. For some odd reason, I just can't see or edit them. I guess....nobody has a solution right? =/

Yeah I was editing or well, trying to edit the provinces on your stratpos files. In actual fact, all faction's list of provinces are a blank line. However, say if I create a duplicate condition of Rome for Roxolani, I get Rome's victory provinces. So to say, the province data is there. For some odd reason, I just can't see or edit them. I guess....nobody has a solution right? =/
    Can you copy and paste the province data?

Copy and paste from?

Copy and paste from?
    Notepad, TextPad, Notepad++, or any other text editor. Can you type in the province names and then copy and paste into the province string?

Nope. I can type the stuff in, but right after that I am unable to interact with the esf editor or pack file manager. The software just freezes up. This essentially means that although I can type or copy paste the text in, I am unable to save out the file. Hence...I guess it's still a no-go. Man I just can't figure out what's wrong.

Nope. I can type the stuff in, but right after that I am unable to interact with the esf editor or pack file manager. The software just freezes up. This essentially means that although I can type or copy paste the text in, I am unable to save out the file. Hence...I guess it's still a no-go. Man I just can't figure out what's wrong.
    I can't either. Because I right clicked on the last Objective 15 for Massagetai and clicked Duplicate to make an exact copy. Then I changed the faction to Babylon, scrolled down to Objective - 1 right clicked on the province string and pasted in a new string from Notepad. Then I saved the file without any problem. Then I clicked on the string to edit it and changed one of the province names and saved again. No problem. Do you have the latest version of EditSF for RTW2? You're not using the one for Shogun 2 are you?

Well I'm not really sure which is for shogun 2 and which is for rome 2. I'm using EditEsf 1.0.7. Is that the one for shogun2?

Centenarius

So far I have only created new victory conditions for four campaigns I have played (Suebi economic, Egypt cultural, Averni military, and Rome cultural) as my play time is pretty limited. I have won the first three and am currently playing the Rome campaign. As for the 6 specific provinces that all of the VC types require, I use the online Campaign Map Planner here: http://maps.totalwar.com/ to help me decide which of the 6 provinces would make sense for that particular campaign play through. Then I can edit the number "6" to say "4" or any other lower number than 6 to set which provinces I should have to control. I haven't actually changed the specific provinces, but I can reduce the number required and capture only those that make sense. For example it makes no sense to me that Suebi would be conquering Syria.......

After I play through the vanilla factions using the above method, I do hope I will be able to actually change the specific province data for them and the other currently non-playable factions to make even better VCs for future campaigns. So it is nice to read here that you guys are currently discussing this.

Oh My God... I just tried updating to Editsf 1.1.1 and it finally worked. Now I really feel like punching myself in the face. Gosh, thanks y'all for the help so far. Especially Blackie42 and great shorter campaign mod there. Now I can finally give my nomads some realistic goals instead of having to conquer carthage and Iberia haha!

Hi. i need help - I want to find a way of changing the Multiplayer Objectives. For example add some regions to hold, or though increase retention time for capitals.

Quote Originally Posted by august.stas View Post
    Hi. i need help - I want to find a way of changing the Multiplayer Objectives. For example add some regions to hold, or though increase retention time for capitals.
    The MP victory conditions are located in Campaign_Preopen_Map_Info under Victory_Missions_By_Type_Block_2 in the startpos.esf file. See the screen capture here to locate it. Also you have to make the same changes to the same text located in the Compressed Data tree at the end of the startpos.esf file. The first one changes the VC on the MP setup screen, and the second one changes the VC in game.

Its for coop? Because i need it for one vs one. As now i see VC for 1 vs 1 - its VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK-1 - isnt it?

And...its cant be edit? 0_o

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast