Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Victory Conditions

Default Re: Victory Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by escobarian View Post
    what esf editor are you using? 1.4.6. gives me an error.
    I'm using EditSF 1.1.1 (which was just updated two days ago) without any problems. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Array-Editing

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by escobarian View Post
    what esf editor are you using? 1.4.6. gives me an error.

I have been using EditSF 1.0.7

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

While I was able to mess around with EXISTING 11 factions... I can't seem to duplicate a victory condition set from say Arverni and assign it to Aedui and then try to customize it. Always a CTD upon clicking New Campaign.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    While I was able to mess around with EXISTING 11 factions... I can't seem to duplicate a victory condition set from say Arverni and assign it to Aedui and then try to customize it. Always a CTD upon clicking New Campaign.
    I myself haven't tried to apply these victory conditions to the minor factions. Hopefully someone smarter than me can ultimately be successful at this as it would really add to your terrific All Factions Playable mod.

I posted the Shorter Campaign Mod for download in the Mods thread. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Campaign-Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie42 View Post
    I posted the Shorter Campaign Mod for download in the Mods thread. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Campaign-Mod
    I've included the mod in a pack file to make it compatible with other mods that change the startpos.esf file. Here's the new link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vy...ign_Mod_1_1.7z

Oh sweet Blackie! That is definitely wanted by the community. To this day, I can't figure out why CA didn't have Short and Long Campaign settings like for previous games. Seems so easy to implement... another cut feature.

Hey Blackie42, where you able to do the same for minor factions? Meaning adding completely new victory conditions sets for minor factions by duplicating/copying existing ones? Every time I try to duplicate, it doesn't transfer fully... just the folders, not the actual editable Objective files.

Anyways, I'll take a look inside your mod and maybe figure something out.

Hey Blackie42, where you able to do the same for minor factions? Meaning adding completely new victory conditions sets for minor factions by duplicating/copying existing ones? Every time I try to duplicate, it doesn't transfer fully... just the folders, not the actual editable Objective files.
    I didn't look at minor factions simply because there are more than a hundred of them which would require a lot more time to do than I was willing to spend. And really to make them fully playable you should add missions to each one too. Adding a few factions might be worthwhile. Anyway, I admire your willingness to tackle such a huge project. I just took a look at the Shorter Campaign Mod in PFM. If you expand the tree so that Campaign_Startpos\Campaign_Preopen_Map_Info\Victory_Mission_Options is shown and the twelve Victory_Mission_Options 0 thru 11 for each of the major factions are listed, right click on Victory_Mission_Options 11, and then select Duplicate, the entire tree within that folder is copied to Victory Conditions 12. Now you can edit the various lines to create new victory conditions for another faction. It might take a little longer but it works. I know your plan is to make all factions playable, but for me and maybe some others, this really jams up the faction selection screen and becomes a little too overwhelming with all the choices. A version of your mod with just ten or so of the more prominent minor factions (a couple in each cultural group would be welcomed. Please update me on your project, and if there's anything I can do to help please let me know.

All I changed was the startpos.esf. campaign_startpos\campaign_preopen_map_info and the campaign_startpos\compressed_data\campaign_preopen_map_info.
    And did you changed just these things?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS =>
    CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO =>
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS =>
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-0 => (Rome)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-1 => (Ptolemaics)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-2 => (Carthage)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-3 => (Macedon)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-4 => (Parthia)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-5 => (Arverni)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-6 => (Iceni)
    VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS-7 => (Suebi)
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK =>
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK-0 =>
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK =>
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK-0 => (Military)
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK-1 => (Cultural)
    VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK-2 => (Economic)

I mean the last block 0,1,2. In each block has to be at least one conditions changed? And the same in compressed_data? Do you have to change it for all factions or just for the one you want to play? Thanks for responds.
    I want to create my own conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by mmarekk11 View Post
    I mean the last block 0,1,2. In each block has to be at least one conditions changed? And the same in compressed_data? Do you have to change it for all factions or just for the one you want to play? Thanks for responds. I want to create my own conditions.
    Yes, change at least one condition in each block and in compressed_data too. You don't have to change it for all factions. You can change it for just one, or any number you like, and it works very well.

Yes, change at least one condition in each block and in compressed_data too. You don't have to change it for all factions. You can change it for just one, or any number you like, and it works very well.
    It is working great thanks

Do you need to change a number for EVERY objective, or just one single objective per Mission_Block?

Like, Victory_Missions_Block - 0, might have 6 objectives. Do you just change one objective, or make one change to all 6 objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    Do you need to change a number for EVERY objective, or just one single objective per Mission_Block?
    Like, Victory_Missions_Block - 0, might have 6 objectives. Do you just change one objective, or make one change to all 6 objectives?
    Change at least one objective per mission block. I changed more than one on most of them, but only changed one objective for Cultural Victory, and that was the number of regions to hold cultural dominance.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Have you been able to create VC for unlocked faction ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

@Lestat

Yes we have been able to create VC for unlocked factions for All Factions Playable mod. However, Izanagi was the one who implemented this feature. It's captured in the PACK files by retrospective look.

Yet, I did tell Izanagi that it would be good to post up a tutorial step-by-step way how that was achieved specifically. Either Izanagi will post this up here soon, or I will once I recreate the effect myself for at least one minor faction.

Sounds good?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

@Lestat

Yes we have been able to create VC for unlocked factions for All Factions Playable mod. However, Izanagi was the one who implemented this feature. It's captured in the PACK files by retrospective look.

Yet, I did tell Izanagi that it would be good to post up a tutorial step-by-step way how that was achieved specifically. Either Izanagi will post this up here soon, or I will once I recreate the effect myself for at least one minor faction.

Sounds good?
    Thanks. Any form of tutorials will help.

I did try to duplicate the VC for the closest playable faction (for example using Postos VS for Baktria) but it crash when selecting new campaign. I wonder if there's any other entries needs to be added, like those in loc for example.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Been poking around, but can't seem to find a solution to my current problem. I am unable to locate any sections where I can alter the specific provinces required to complete the objective. I mean, for instance, when playing as Roxolani. I have no wish to travel all the way to Europe just to conquer Italia so I can win the campaign. Does anyone know where I can change the victory provinces required?
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618568-Playable-Factions-and-Custom-Battle-(Updated-19-10-2013)&p=13324409&viewfull=1#post13324409

Osbot was the one who explained to me what needed to be done. Once he said, I realize what I did wrong.

You dont have to do the [CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO]->[VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS] only if you want to show up in the selection screen.
    [COMPRESSED_DATA]->[CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO]->[VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS] is where you really need to do it to have it show up in the campaign.

Home from work, so more detailed.

After you duplicate a [VICTORY_MISSION_OPTIONS - #], open up your new VC block and you need to change the faction
    Next you should see three [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK - #].
    Under each of these you need to open the next block [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK] and there should be one to three maybe four [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BLOCK - #].
    Now you have to drill down to the objectives of each block and change at least one of them.

Here is a picture of the changes need for [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK - 0]

Here is pic of blocks [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK - 1] and [VICTORY_MISSIONS_BY_TYPE_BLOCK - 2]

And that should be it.
    Above taken from AFP Thread by Izanagi.

Basically it's the CAMPAIGN_MISSION_OBJECTIVE_IMPL_CONTROL_IN_PROVINCES entry that has the rom_provincename in a text string. Edit the text string and it should work.

Izanagi and I are planning to do more realistic VCs for at least the CA-playable factions, while the rest generic, for the AFP mod.

kelvintyk's Avatar Primicerius

Where and how do I go about editing the text string of rom_provincename? I only see 1 rows of system string with the value 6 with means 6 compulsory provinces and 1 row of system byte. Don't see anything regarding to provincename under CAMPAIGN_MISSION_OBJECTIVE_IMPL_CONTROL_N_PROVINCES_INCLUDING. Ideas? Thanks for any help.
    Baird: "Hey! Stop shooting it, you're pissing it off!"

Cole: "You're telling me what not to shoot in here? Look at this ****!"

Marcus: "More like 10 ****loads"

Marcus: "Hmph, they can eat **** and die for all I care..."

Quote Originally Posted by kelvintyk View Post
    Where and how do I go about editing the text string of rom_provincename? I only see 1 rows of system string with the value 6 with means 6 compulsory provinces and 1 row of system byte. Don't see anything regarding to provincename under CAMPAIGN_MISSION_OBJECTIVE_IMPL_CONTROL_N_PROVINCES_INCLUDING. Ideas? Thanks for any help.
    You have nothing showing? For the entry for Rome I have the string "rome_main_italia rome_main_magna_graecia rome_main_aquitania rome_main_armenia rome_main_africa rome_main_britannia". I changed Armenia to Suebia, and it does work. The new province name Suebia showed up in game in place of Armenia. And just for added information, the starting gold for the faction Rome is found under Compressed_Data/Campaign_Model/World/Faction_Array/Faction_Array-0/Faction_Economics.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast