Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ___Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”(Updated 10/10/2006)___

Senator

Default Re: ___Darth Dark Formations 16.2 “Super Pack”(Updated 10/10/2006)___

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13 View Post
    This formations pack provides formation files for both RTW 1.5 and BI. So to answer your question, they work with both. If your using Darthmod, installed on RTW 1.5, then use the appropriate Darthmod version provided in the download and as stated in the readme file.
    I used the files from the folder "1_DarthMod_8.2_Internal_Formations_16.2" since I'm using darthmod 8.1

But when I play, I group my army, and I only have about 6 or 7 formation buttons available. I don't have all the ones listed in the original post in those pictures. I have Greek Theban, Arab-Persian, Alexander, Roman Manipular, Generic, Single line, Barbarian onslaught. Are you supposed to have all of the ones Darth listed?

Quote Originally Posted by avesta View Post
    I used the files from the folder "1_DarthMod_8.2_Internal_Formations_16.2" since I'm using darthmod 8.1

But when I play, I group my army, and I only have about 6 or 7 formation buttons available. I don't have all the ones listed in the original post in those pictures. I have Greek Theban, Arab-Persian, Alexander, Roman Manipular, Generic, Single line, Barbarian onslaught. Are you supposed to have all of the ones Darth listed?
    I see what your saying. The answer is no, as unfortunately the human player is limited to being able to choose from the 8 predefined human player formations in the descr_formations_txt.file. The AI however, will deploy in all the formations seen in the pictures your referring to and of course some formations are dependant on whether BI is being used or not. For example the "Byzantine" formation is a BI only formation. Also note, if you play as a faction like Carthage, although the "Carthage Poison Formation" is not one of the 8 predefined human player formations, so therefore it cannot be chosen when grouping your army. As a Carthage player, your forces wil be automatically deployed in this formation.

hello. how can I play 16.2 for BI on normal unit size setting? Thanks

The last thing you need to play DarthMod 8.1 Full!

Enjoy Happy Summer!

I have a question,i am still unclear on the installation processes so to state clearly,how do you install the 16.2 formations?

Should I install this on the latest Darthmod 8.1? Since it states it only includes 16.1 and not 16.2 - thanks!

I'm probably a complete moron, but I can not figure out how to run the installer for this mod. I've downloaded 8.0 and 8.1. Do I need to extract the file so I can view them? Please help!!
    I have Steam and Vista if that helps.

Senator

The link for the 'Generic stand alone' version doesn't seem to be there? Can anyone help please?

Also, when installing for Invasion Barbarorum do i install to the BI folder or to the IBFD (invasion barbarorum) folder (it's mod foldered)

EDIT: ah i think i understand - you unpack the same files and then select the folder appropriate to the mod?
    Last edited by Dunadd; October 11, 2010 at 12:44 PM.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Sorry for the long wait, I'm pretty much the only one who stalks this mod any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarK_RTW View Post
    Should I install this on the latest Darthmod 8.1? Since it states it only includes 16.1 and not 16.2 - thanks!
    Yes, install on top of 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by braydog92 View Post
    I'm probably a complete moron, but I can not figure out how to run the installer for this mod. I've downloaded 8.0 and 8.1. Do I need to extract the file so I can view them? Please help!!
    I have Steam and Vista if that helps.
    Please read this thread.
    The downloaded files have an installer, run the 8.0 first and point it to your main Rome directory.
    Then install 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadd View Post
    The link for the 'Generic stand alone' version doesn't seem to be there? Can anyone help please?

Also, when installing for Invasion Barbarorum do i install to the BI folder or to the IBFD (invasion barbarorum) folder (it's mod foldered)

EDIT: ah i think i understand - you unpack the same files and then select the folder appropriate to the mod?
    Pretty much yes, find the folder that contains the descer_formations_ai.txt and copy to that folder.

is this compatible with rsII??

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey,i have to say,the formations are AWSOME,i have just instaled them in my mod,and played 4 battles...it is immpresive,the AI formations are great,so are your own,but i have found something sily...
    In one greek formation,there are archers on the right wing,not defended by anything.Why?
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I need a HCS version.

i have a question

do I have that modify the EDU (files or columns) of unit for adquire the perfect roman manipular formation??????

Hi,

is that mod compatible with VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE? If yes, which folder to use?

Regards,
    Miglanz

Sir can u help me .. i will install patch 1.3-1.5 first then patch 8.0 - 8.1? answer me plz

It has been forever got me a new computer nothing too fancy but after so long with a broken one I finally got around to get me Roma Surrectum 2.5 and Darthmod 8.0 Friend gifted me Empire Total War.

I have a very... annoying issue which believe me I have searched before coming here but I've found only small posts of others saying the same thing but no way to solve it.

I am playing Darth Mod 8.0.1 Platinum Beta, at least the launcher says that.

When I play Siege Battles, I siege a town, city and every single battle has been in open field. Was this suppose to be intentional?

Please help me fix it, I dont understand why it happens and it bothers me to the point where I dont want to play. The only siege battle I ever did was against a small town in the ETW vanilla version. And that was only because I was playing while your mod downloaded. I am not sure if this is just part of Empire Total War... or if is the mod. I google and google but I cant seem to find anyone having talk about never having siege battles.

if this is the mod can I turn it off where Sieges end up in attacking the town or Siege assaults do the same?.. If this is the game ETW itself is there a way to increase the probability of it being a city battle?

I just come from RTW: RS 2.5 so I apologize siege battles are as essential for me as bridge, and open battles. And I haven't found Bridge battles either here so I'm not sure.

Any help or if this exist somewhere else redirect me if needed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Spartas Julius; January 19, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

I have a vanilla RTW v1.5/ BI 1.6. Then i install <darth Generic formation> by copy and paste to the according directory. But when i start a battle it always crash. Why is it? Can anyone help me to solve?

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Dear Darth Vader

I am Suppanut from Extended Cultures Mod for RTW. May I using heavily modified content from Darth Dark Formations of both RTW and M2TW as basis for formations files (along with Sinuhet's RTW/M2TW battle system and Germanicu5's ReallyBadAI) in Extended Cultures Mod in Rome Total War?

With high regards,
    Suppanut
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Does anyone have any links to the Darthmod version of this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12