Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) SARE v101 released

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) TENTATIVE EARE RELEASE

Amazing work with the new Units, and the looks are just amazing, the best work ive seen so far. It really gives the feel that the units are composed by men of different hellenistic factions, many thanks to the spartan beards
    Makes you also connect more with your men.

I am currently using your Greek States Expansion in conjunction with the Radious complete overhaul mod. Since Radious has slightly increased unit stats, mostly in melee defence, i wanted to adapt the values of your units a bit.
    Since im totally new to Rome 2 modding, i tried using the Rome 2 Editor 0.3.2 by Husserl TW. My problem is that i cant find neither your or radiouses Units. Could you please tell me how i can access the custom units trough the Rome Editor?

Many thanks, and great work again!

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) TENTATIVE EARE RELEASE

@LtKessler
    Use this..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618353
    I'm using 3.1.2 as it seems to be the most stable, I tried 3.1.4 recently and it started crashing on me.
    I also recommend that you do two things if you plan on balancing the stats of the new units to match Radious, one, look at the data_rome2.pack and find, for example, Royal Spartans, see what the vanilla stats are for this unit in the land_units table. Then, with a second PFM exe opened, load and look at the same unit in Radious to see what values he changed and by how much. With that in mind you can then open my pack and adjust the combat values relative to his to try to keep the balance.
    Good luck!

Doesn't seem to be working with Patch 5. I mean, the game loads with all three (AARE, SARE and EARE) activated, but the changes aren't there. All new units are missing, etc.
    Last edited by inoksvere; October 18, 2013 at 04:09 PM.

@Inoksvere
    I had that problem too initially, the old third party mod manager has been obsoleted. CA have integrated a mod manager into the launcher, and now mods are activated through that and the list is saved to a profile.mods.txt in the same place as your old user script file.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
    @Inoksvere
    I had that problem too initially, the old third party mod manager has been obsoleted. CA have integrated a mod manager into the launcher, and now mods are activated through that and the list is saved to a profile.mods.txt in the same place as your old user script file.
    Wait, so I need to stop using Mitch's mod manager and just use the one that's in the Total War launcher? ;o

@inoksvere
    Apparently so, the old one is broken now. The new one, at least for some people, has trouble working too. For me at least I was able to load my mods and everything seems fine. The patch doesn't appear to have broken anything, and I don't touch any vanilla tables.

Interesting. Yeah, I just threw them in and all the units are showing up. The only thing I don't see in the Launcher's Mod Manger is a load order. They probably were too lazy to implement one, or simply forgot to.

But still, thanks Smarmy.

I confirm the above, the mod works perfectly with patch 5.

All credits to Smarmy, I took the liberty to "regreekify" the names of the new units for my personal use. It can be confusing I admit, but I somehow think that the more Greek it will be, the better. Having the units speak Greek would be ultimately the pinnacle of my R2TW gaming experience héhé. Maybe one day...
    Anyway, I did nothing fancy here, it's the exact same mod than the AARE 1.03 but with the 8 new units renamed.
    I kept Smarmy's greekified names, and greekified myself the ones still in English.
    It's Greek, but for some names a mix of ancient and modern Greek. True Hellenists could correct me, I take suggestions for correction with pleasure!

Elite Heavy Hoplites -> Epílektoi Hoplítai
    Professional Light Hoplites -> Ekdromoi Hoplítai
    End Tier Light Pike Unit -> Epílektoi Phálangitai
    Thracian Peltast Auxilia -> Thrakikó Peltastés
    Scythian Heavy Archers -> Skúthes Toxótes
    Scythian Cavalry Auxilia -> Skúthes Hippeís

Heavy Professional Hoplite Marines -> Thalássio Hoplítai
    Very Heavy Elite Thorax Marines -> Epílektoi Thalássio Thorakítai

As I said, all credits go to Smarmy. My modification of the mod is mainly for personal use.
    The file is there, uploaded, if some of you are interested.
    http://draksen.net/draksen/AAREv103_Greekified.zip

Regards!
    Ceci est une signature

SARE mod works but the AARE me does not work why?

its the new mod manager, other unit mods probablythis new mod manager is not able to deal with conflictsCA policy is to avoid conflict.

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE)

Help the AARE does not work

Default Re: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE)

@Wal87
    It's the new launcher that is causing problems, the old third party mod manager is now obsolete.
    I can report that neither patch 5 nor the new launcher cause the packs to be incompatible, I run all 3 in addition to other mods successfully.
    Use the new integrated mod manager in the launcher for the game, be sure to tick all three mods. At present you can't adjust your load order it seems, though I think you can do it manually by editing the profile.mod.txt accordingly.

Big campaign problem here!
    I am able to recruit marine hoplites and elite marine hoplite as generals...
    but with tier 3 and tier 4 ports no way to recruit these units!
    I tried to have a look in the mod and I dont understand what went wrong
    Ceci est une signature

@Δράκων
    Hmm, I did a brief play test campaign as Athens some time ago, I was able to recruit them then. Did patch 5 change something about the ports? I'll look into this, I think I still have that save game so I'll check it and see. I'll also start a new campaign and rush my way towards that port.

EDIT*
    I loaded my v102 Athens save game and it appeared to have updated properly, unit cards were there, I could recruit both types of marine.
    Started a new campaign and rushed to the port tech, same story I can recruit the marines.

Is everything else with the mod working? Unit cards, as you say the units ARE IN as general bodyguards, other units are there. You just can't recruit them..
    You're on patch 5? What other mods are you running? I know the old mod manager is now obsolete but does it report any conflicts when you try to use it?
    Last edited by Smarmy; October 20, 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Hi there
    Nothing with tier 3 ports at least, should be pretty easy to get there
    tier 4 same thing, not even the earlier level of marine hoplite
    Ceci est une signature

Truly amazing mod, that is what I was waiting for to start my Athens play-through!

Smarmy, have you considered expanding your mod to allow the re-creation of a Greek League? For example, as Athens, I would like to conquer Greece and to be able to recruit from the other City-States like Epirus and Sparta. The mechanics to create a Greek League already exist I believe (I've seen a mod to that effect), all we need is for someone to add the units to a common roster accessible by the other states (by simply unlocking them for normal recruitment or by creating a custom "area of recruitment" like the Roman auxiliaries have). That would be awesome!

@Δράκων

As per my edited post, there's only two things that it could be at this point.
    There's no error in the mod itself, I've checked the tables and they match vanilla entries, I loaded the save game, I play tested straight to the port.
    It has to either be a conflict with another mod, though I'm not sure how, or you're having a problem with the new integrated mod manager inside the launcher, which a lot of people have been having trouble with.

@Chinaski
    I have seen that mod going about, but I haven't thought about doing something similar myself. I wasn't sure how that mod worked, as far as I could tell using the confederation system didn't make a new faction, it simply changed the name of yours. If that mod has modified the system enough that you become a new faction, new military group, etc, then yeah it'd definitely be possible to make a "Koinon Hellenon" unified greek roster. It wouldn't be perfect, for instance if you confederated with.. crete, but Sparta was still independent, you could recruit Spartan units as per the new roster available to you. But I like the idea.

@Smarmy
    Yeah, the mod in question only changes the name of your faction (which is still nice!) but not much else.

The most elegant solution (and I suspect to most complicated) would be to implement some triggers and AORs so that once a Greek League is created, you can recruit from the City-States you conquered if you have the appropriate buildings in the right regions. You could then create these awesome and diverse multi-city armies, or multiple "national armies". A great campaign in perspective with all the cool units you added.

The quickest solution would probably be a submod where you add, for example to Athens' roster, all other Greek units without any restrictions (except the normal building tiers) and you let the player "roleplay it" as he wishes. That kind of submod is all I would need, personally. I might try to do it for myself at some point, but I haven't modded anything since Rome I so I would be somewhat afraid to break things (like the garrison system?).

@Chinaski
    A proper Koinon Hellenon will probably have to come later, with a overhaul mod like RTR or EB. However modding my mod packs should be relatively easy for you, to give the other cities unit permissions. I don't touch the garrison system, adding any of my units to that would require modding the vanilla armed citizenry table. Athens and Sparta are the same culture and build the same buildings, so to give Sparta or Athens access to the other factions units you'd need only give the faction permission.
    See the units_to_groupings_military_permisisons table, you'd just have to clone the entries for the units you wanted to share, and set them to the appropriate military group.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast