Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Greek States Anonymous Roster Expansion (GSARE : AARE / SARE / EARE) SARE v101 released

Default Re: (Fixed) Athens Anonymous Roster Expansion (AARE) v102

Looks great but it doesn't work with patch 3

very good when I see the pictures, I test

What a shame you can not rework the existing units already in the game

@Δράκων Uhhh, I'm not too sure how localization works with other languages, the tag for a units short description might be different in another languages localization pack, and your game is told to look for that specific tag instead of the english one. Since my unit tags don't follow that same syntax they wont load, I assume. To fix it I would need to see the localization packs for other languages, to know if this is true or not. I would have to add another entry for each unit, for each language, I'm assuming.

@Cro-Pantera Should be, I don't make changes to vanilla tables so it should be fine.

@Cactus_Punch Yeah that is the way it's looking, sorry, I'll update the original post.

@totalwar31 Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. *Edit
    It is possible for me to do so, but as I've said before I want this mod to be as compatible as possible with other mods so people don't have problems. If I started changing the vanilla tables, or added variant meshes to change how vanilla units look, then I'd start hitting conflicts.
    Last edited by Smarmy; October 09, 2013 at 05:09 PM.

Default Re: (Fixed) Athens Anonymous Roster Expansion (AARE) v102 (REQ Patch 4)

Thanks for your reply, Smarmy.
    There are no local_en.pack in my /data directory, but a local_fr.pack
    the strange thing is that in local_fr.pack I cant find the land_units.loc field for instance. Odd.
    Ceci est une signature

@Δράκων Huh, all your unit names are in french though? Has to load it from somewhere, did you try the local_fr_rome2.pack?

Shame I always wait for the patches to go live

"Epilektoi Thalássio" "Thorakitai Epilektoi Hoplitai", That is the kind of unity that I want to see the Athenian (armor, blue / white, not color that is nothing to do with this faction, the shield just beautiful ...), what a shame that you do not face the changing exixtante unit, I think you're in for the real Athenian troops, tired of seeing that many mod uses the same armor for all the nation.
    Sorry for my bad English!

I love the colour scheme of Thalássio Hoplitai and that blue shield the officer has is amazing.
    If you made the
    Epilektoi Hoplitai with those colours and those dark blue shields I think they'd look even more awesome!

@totalwar31 I may end up changing the unit names again, getting feedback that the 'greekified' versions make it harder know what a unit is for. I may mix english and native language, or just do entirely english names to keep it unified with the vanilla roster. Thanks for the feedback though! I use Natural Dyes mod for the faction colors, that's the wonderful blue you see. I may change existing unit appearances, though I'm not sure, I have changed at least one for an upcoming addition. I'm trying to avoid using the same armor over and over, definitely, but the selection is limited sometimes.

@Cactus_Punch Yeah, they wear all blue. All three of their armor colors are the faction blue, Epilektoi use all three faction colors though with the primary white. The blue shields on the officers and standard bearers is a bit random actually, I haven't made my own officer variants though I am considering it. I'd like to leave the Epilektoi with the white primary, as the blue on the marines serves to help signify that they are naval units. I can certainly make my own variant of those shields though, to limit the officer shield to that painted blue decal.

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Now I have reason to play Athens

If you're going for blue for the marines the blue officers shield would certainly look good, I just tried them out, for units which are limited to navy only they do seem abit weak, just managing to win against royal peltasts
    Also are you planning on adding more units? ^^
    Last edited by Cactus_Punch; October 13, 2013 at 06:08 AM.

@Cactus_Punch
    They are basically a step up from hoplites, if they won against royal peltasts that's certainly an accomplishment considering how good they are. The bodyguard marines, (I'm going to change the names again so it's easier to refer to them), are balanced around silver shield swordsmen stats and should be able to handle just about anything, I may consider removing the unit cap as well and just have them limited by cost.
    More units to Athens? If there is a role that needs filling and inspiration for it. I have nothing on my mind at the moment. I've finished up the first version of EARE (Epirus Anonymous Roster Expansion), but I wont post it until I get permission to use Natural Dyes in it. If that doesn't come soon I'll just release without it. I've also finished the unit descriptions for athens (found what I was missing), and another modder may be providing unit cards for them soon.

Currahee's Avatar Laetus

Hi!

units look great and mod works with mod manager but it seems there are missing a lot of units in version 1.02, for exemple the thalassio and scythian units are not to be found! the epilektoi units i've found
    do they still have to come with another version?

its working thanks make for other factions also please

Currahee's Avatar Laetus

never mind, found them on the navy panel!

I guess the next step would be officers, matching them to the unit that they are in, weird seeing a heavy armoured unit with a lightly armoured officer completely opposite colour, maybe some cavalry.
    Also I'd bring the Epilektoi Hoplitai up to the stats of shield bearers and make very heavy pikemen, Athens if now my fav faction by the way aha!
    Last edited by Cactus_Punch; October 13, 2013 at 04:45 PM.

@Cactus Punch
    Officers are a sure thing, there's just some other stuff on chopping block first. More cavalry? I'm not quite sure about that, it would likely just be a reskin. I'll likely give Athens & Sparta access to rhodian and cretans, which would be at the lvl 4 aux barracks. Something Rome is already capable of doing, why not a greek league? Athens might also get thessalians, a lower tier shock cav option. Epilektoi Hoplitai are already balanced around Royal Spartans, with slight variations, I don't think shield bearers have better stats but I'll double check to see how they're balanced against them. A small bug has also been reported, and fixed, Corinthian helmets not showing up. That will be fixed in the next version.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Hi again
    The project is on hold for Athens, do you plan to complete it soon? Will the 1.03 version be close to the final one (before you start working on Epirus and Macedon?)
    Awesome mod to say the least
    Ceci est une signature

double post due to forum lag. Sorry
    Last edited by Gauloisier de la Gauloiserie; October 14, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
    Ceci est une signature

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast