Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middle-Earth A-Z

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Default Middle-Earth A-Z

I'm not sure if any of you have played this game before, so I'll quickly outline the rules before starting:

You must post something related to Middle-Earth (or Third Age) that begins with the letter directly after the first letter of the word the last poster used- in an a, b, c sort of way.

For example, if I said "Rohan", the poster before me may have said "Quendi" and the poster after me may say "Silmarillion". If you can, post a bit of information about the word as well so everyone can learn while having fun

It may get a bit tricky at certain letters, but we can skip them if we need to!

I'll start: Archers of Lórien

They're a basic elven unit in MOS, who (despite being first tier archers) are excellent and are particularly useful against Orc factions with a lot of snaga. They cost a lot and take 2 turns to recruit, but are very good and will normally beat any non-elven archers.
    Last edited by Redgrave; October 06, 2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Addition of rules

Default Re: Middle-Earth A-Z

Beornings.

Large homeless men with huge twohanded axes
    Last edited by Jmonstra; October 06, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Cardolan. Is the one of Arnor region and kingdom.

Senator

Dale: Town built in the shadow of the Lonely Mountain, which was destroyed by Smaug and then rebuilt by Bard the Bowman.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Erebor: The home of the Folk of Durin, a clan of Dwarves known as the Longbeards, after they were driven from their ancestral home of Khazad-dûm.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Ents : Tree shepherds of the elder days that watched over the great forests of the first age and before . And continued until the end of the tale , were generally peaceful but terrible when there ire was roused

dammit ninja'd

Fairbairn family :the descendants of Samwise gamgee whose family seat was at undertowers
    Last edited by knight of meh; October 06, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Gamgee - last name of the ancestor of the Fairbairn family.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Mr. ZAP's Avatar Libertus

Huan- The great hound companion of Beren and Lúthien, gifted with the ability to understand speech. Fated to speak three times in his lifetime, and to die facing the greatest wolf to ever live.

Isengard - evil faction leaded by Saruman

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

J.R.R. Tolkien: The author who made all of this possible!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Khazad-dum, also known as Moria, the ancient dwellings and kindgom of the dwarves of the line of Durin.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Lindórinand, also known as Lothlorien, was where Gil-galad's golden mallorn trees were planted and was known as the fairest forest realm of the Elves,
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Maiar- The lesser Ainur who came to Arda and became the servants of the Valar. Numbered among them are Sauron, the five Istari, Eönwë, Melian, the Balrogs, and others. As Ainur they are immortal angelic beings who may take on human (or other) form, and who played a direct role in the creation of Arda.

Blog Entries

Noldor - the most skilled and renown elven people; they were the makers of some of the most famous items of all the history of Arda (Silmarilli, Palantiri, The Rings of Power) and their deeds occupied almost entirely 1st and 2nd Age history, thus shaping not only their destiny but also that of many other beeings, Valar included. Although dwindled they are still present during 3rd and 4th age in ME, acting mainly as counsellors and friends for lesser peoples.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Orcs - a race of creatures who are used as soldiers and henchmen by both the greater and lesser villains of The Silmarillion and The Lord of the RingsMorgoth, Sauron and Saruman.

Palantirí - Seer stones brought to middle-earth after the destruction of Numenór. They can be used to see events in other parts of the world/worlds, but only few can use them.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quendi - those who speak with voices . The name for the elves when they still dwelt in Cuiviénen , however Eru also called them this before they first rose

Blog Entries

Rivendell - (Imladris in original elven speach); also known as the Last Homely House, it was one of the main dwelling for the High Elves during the second half of the 2nd age and the main one throughout the whole 3rd age. As Bilbo once said "a perfect house, whether you like food or sleep, or story-telling or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all." (quoted from FotR). House of the mighty Elrond the half-elven and of his relatives.
    Last edited by Flinn; October 08, 2013 at 03:24 AM. Reason: corrections

Sméagol- The Stoor Hobbit who, upon finding the One Ring, was corrupted by it and driven to murder his relative Déagol to obtain it, eventually becoming the creature known as Gollum.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

Theoden - king of rohan during the war of the ring. Was wounded by the witchking at the battle of the fields of pelennor and died later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast