Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.8

No, these will either overwrite or be overwritten by Radious. You can manually adjust it by downloading Pack File Manager and editing the values in Radious' mod you are using.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.8

A bit OT, is it possible to integrate the startpos.esf in the pack file? I made a personal mod and want to integrate the startpos so that I can easily activate and deactivate 2tpy.

Yes, just make sure to put it under Pack Name > campaigns > main_rome > startpos.esf and it will work.

Fazotronic's Avatar Libertus

hey great mod and thanks.
    but i have a little question. iam using 2TPY Build, Research and Cost Mod and i would like to know how good the AI can deal with it since all prices are double now, does the AI actually know how to save up money to build bigger building/troops?
    thanks in advance and keep it up.

The AI budgets have been adjusted to take into account the higher expense.

Hey Dresden,
    I've also reduced the growth rates and increased the settlement population requirements in some of my mods, but the AI seems to expand its cities as if I had done nothing. My changes are pretty hefty, so there's no way a human player could expand the city 3 times in the amount of time the AI has. I was wondering if you've seen the same or know what causes this. Because full sized cities 20 turns into the game is what I don't want to see.

What variable are you adjusting for the settlement population requirements? If you are changing the variable in the startpos regarding population, that actually gives the region more population.

For the growth rate, the only things that really seem to do much are the building effects table.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 10, 2013 at 01:19 AM.

I'm changing the settlement_growth thing or whatever its called in campaign_variables. Its definitely settlement_ something, so it takes more population to expand the city.

edit:
    What do you mean by the variable in startpos? I started changing stuff under region_manager after you said that but it doesn't seem to change anything.
    Last edited by crackerjack1348; December 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM.

Under Province Manager there is a Population setting for each Faction Manager. That number is the amount that each region has to spend on expansion. I just wanted to make sure you weren't increasing that number.

That value in campaign variables, I am not even sure it works honestly. I recommend checking out the building_effects_junction. Sort by using the effects column and find these effects: rom_building_growth_all and rom_province_initiative_festival_mod_growth_mod . Change those values for all buildings. (half them or whatever). That should affect growth.

That is the same table I use to also change cultural conversion rate.

oh, I see what you're saying. No, the campaign_variables definitely works, at least for the player. So instead of costing 1 population to expand the towns in italy at the beginning, it costs 3 etc.
    I think Magnar or somebody else changed the same variables I did in that regard. I've just knocked all the initial populations down to 0 so it's an even playing field and there's some more "early game" feel at the start. I didn't like that all cities were fully expanded by 50-60 turns into the campaign before the 2nd punic war even starts.

Thanks for your help though, youve answered at least 2-3 of my modding questions across various threads in the past month or so. +rep
    Last edited by crackerjack1348; December 10, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Oh you are referring to the values that govern how much a slot costs. I see now, I hadn't changed those. Perhaps I should in the future.

I thought you were referring to the base growth bonus (0.3).

Yeah I've messed with that too and it doesn't seem to do anything. Just FYI though, there's also the happiness/unhappiness growth bonuses in the effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions file in case you forgot about those. I just stumbled across them while looking for something else. I think that's what was giving the AI vanilla-like growth, small factions like Massalia sitting there at 100 public order getting 6 growth/turn bonus were growing too fast.

I know you use that file, but the only thing I can remember you using it for was taking away the african gdp bonus. Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Would this be compatible with the up and coming 8.1 beta, taking into consideration what we know from the patch notes...?

I am waiting to start a new main campaign with the 8.1 beta and this 4TPY mod as well as the TTT one.
    Hopefully the above combination to the main campaign will help with both immersion and character development, with a hint of longevity as well.
    Thanks for continuing the great work started by Helbent with the TTT development, he had done excellent work to bring it to the standard that the mod had risen to.

I might not understand how it works but using the above mods will they both remain active if they were ticked and I was to start a CIG campaign...? If so wouldn't the 4TPY mod then need to be disabled for playing that...?

Many thanks again for your work and generosity in sharing it

These havent been updated for patch 8 yet. I hope to get to them tonight. I have been updating mods for about 20 hours now....its crazy.

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

<hands Dresden a strong cup of coffee>

Much appreciated but please take care and pace yourself, I won't even ask if you get any spare time to actually play the game

спасибо за работу

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.8 (updated 8.1)

All mods updated through patch 8.1.

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.8 (updated 8.1)

Update:
    - Added new techs from patch 8.

Updated Replenishment and Growth mods to be patch 8 compatible.

Thanks to Toon for pointing out the error!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Updated Replenishment and Growth mods to be patch 8 compatible.

Thanks to Toon for pointing out the error!
    Actually it was izanagi11 and MikealS who found the errors, there the boys to credit