Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

Fixed 4TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod to not have army movement changes.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

Nice, clean and fast... what else?
    Thanks

Senator

Could you tell me how to halve all research times for all factions please? Also how to reduce research times for a specific tech - e.g siege towers? for all factions?

Go to the technologies_table and change the Research Points required column. If you want to half them all, select the entire column and right click. Choose Apply expression to selected cells, then type in x/2. If you want to double them x*2, etc.

If you want to edit a specific technology, find that tech in the table and change only its Research Points Required.

Senator

Thanks - but when i try to save the file (Rome2_data.pack) it says i can only save mods and movie packs and when i start up the game the tech research times are unchanged.

I tried extracting the tech_table file using pack manager, but when i then try to open it to edit it and use browse it doesn't show up - though it's in the folder when i just look using windows.

How do i extract the right table and make it into a mod pack file or even a movie pack file?

Senator

Thanks - i found that eventually and got it to work. The thing that was throwing me was that pack file manager was saving the new mod file to a separate folder with the same name as my mod inside the Rome II folder - and i kept looking in the Rome II folder and the Rome II/data folder and not seeing it.

Dresden, I just tried the 4TPY version of your mod through the steam workshop and while army movement are reduced by 50% as announced, it seems that agents movements aren't changed at all... or maybe I have a conflict with another mod but I can't see which one could cause a conflict. I use: your 4TPY mod, your diplomacy mod, your Hegemonia mod, TTT and Silven's mod (STIMM and STEP) plus a few graphics-only mods.

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (updated 11/6/13)

Update 11/6:
    - Added Replenishment optional mods.
    - Released an Overhaul mod that incorporates these TPY changes and most of my other mods: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?629110-

Edit: @Dzib You are using the 4TPY Hardcore mod? Agent movement should be reduced by 75%. It might be conflicting with Silven's Mod, he changes a lot of tables.

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (updated 11/6/13)

Yes, it's the 4TPY version, but I guess it's Silven's mod you're right. Anyway, not a problem since I think it's more realistic for a single individual to be able to travel much further than a full army with all its logistic

One question, not related to your mods (or maybe an idea for another mod ), do you think it's possible to deactivate some specific actions of agents in a mod? I think that military training of champions and poisoning of spies are OP...

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If you use the mods from this page, they don't have the startpos change (they don't change the turns per year number). If you use the ones on Steam, they do change the turns per year number.
    Having just found this mod I am wanting to give it a try, so thanks for creating and sharing it. Noting the above about the startpos change I am looking on the Steam workshop for...

4TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod - Build times, Research times, Recruit times, Building costs and Recruitment costs quadrupled from vanilla values.

and / or

2TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod - Build times, Research times, Recruit times, Building costs and Recruitment costs doubled from vanilla values.

So having either of the above choices through Steam I can then decide which to try out first.

But I can't seem to find those exact ones, maybe I just have my thick head on today..?

Also would the ones on Steam be compatible with your ... "And any or none of these:" extras to add, if wanted....?

Thanks for your help.

@Vimes I don't have those specific mods on Steam. I had to make some choices or I would go crazy . On Steam, its either just TPY, TPY Build/Research, or my Hardcore version (which is everything).

You can use the optional mods with my Build/Research mods on Steam. Or, if you want the specific mod from this site, grab the startpos zip file and use one of those to change the turns per year.

So, if you use the mods from this site, make sure to grab the startpos also.

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (updated 11/7/13)

Added 2TPY and 4TPY Hardcore Mods without the startpos change (in case you want to use them with a different startpos mod).

Vimes's Avatar Semisalis

@Vimes I don't have those specific mods on Steam. I had to make some choices or I would go crazy . On Steam, its either just TPY, TPY Build/Research, or my Hardcore version (which is everything).

You can use the optional mods with my Build/Research mods on Steam. Or, if you want the specific mod from this site, grab the startpos zip file and use one of those to change the turns per year.

...ah thanks for the information, I did not appreciate that and just concentrated on what I had quoted.
    So, if you use the mods from this site, make sure to grab the startpos also.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (updated 11/7/13)

Added 2TPY and 4TPY Hardcore Mods without the startpos change (in case you want to use them with a different startpos mod).
    Ahaa! Does this mean that I could use the Meaningful Resources (which is 2TPY-mod) with this? That would be fantastic!
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

@billydilly In theory, yes. I believe he edits some db files but probably not the same ones as I do. Would be a cool combo because the meaningful resources is a great mod!

Edit: Although, if he doesn't edit the turns per year you would have to manually do that in his mod pack. Its an easy change.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 08, 2013 at 12:12 PM.

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

I still haven't play Rome 2, but as i remember from Kingdoms - Stainless Steel, movement of any units was not so much even for 12tpy, if look at range of movement as real range (for month, for example). So there are a question, why redused some movement ranges, is it real and how it touch strategic balance? Here are would be very nice if all changes in that important mod would be described - why, from the author point of view, those changes needed. About building times, i remember that i had o lot of time thinking about building times in SS when doing 12tpy and read much historical documents, and, in general, when i did it, building times was close to the same range as for 2tpy, so there are a question, why those just quadrupted from vanillas, is it real and needed? About research, i understand that it's hard to determine real times, at least i do not have idea how it should be. About recruitment, i think, it's must be depends mainly from cost of units, not from time of recruitment. About cost, i dunno have idea how it depends from tpy (so there again a question - why it's quadrupted). And another question - do the mod from this page (i mean hardcore 4tpy) have correspond generals and agents ageing? Sry for my english. And thanks for the mod.
    Last edited by Danya82; November 09, 2013 at 06:37 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hey Dresden...
    I suppose the 2-4 turns per year is compatible with Radious separate mods right??? not his overhaul pack...

Cheers...

The turns per year startpos will be compatible. The individual mod changes may or may not be, depending on the mod. For the most part they should be, but for his mods that affect units, buildings and technologies, they won't be.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

The turns per year startpos will be compatible. The individual mod changes may or may not be, depending on the mod. For the most part they should be, but for his mods that affect units, buildings and technologies, they won't be.
    I'm using all his mods except that it changes research and buildings, so I'll probably be ok using yours 2 turns per year startpos amd 2 turns per year research and building...
    Thanks mate...