Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

Does anyone have this mod for Patch 4? I had the mod for patch 4 but lost it when I updated to patch 5. Long story short, updated to patch 5, but a lot of my mods are not updated yet and were not compatable so I went back to patch 4, so now i need the patch 4 2tpy mod again Or I'll just delete the whole freaking thing god so frustrating. I should have just waited for them to update (but I want to play!)

Default Re: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v1.5 (Fully updated patch 5 10/18/13)

@jkjktotalwar You should try out patch 5 with the Steam workshop mods. It also has an in-game mod Manager. I am not sure I have any old versions around but I can look.

If you just want to edit the turns per year only, check this out: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13270783
    Last edited by Dresden; October 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Octavian21 Agent costs are not doubled, only army costs. I can look into doing agent costs if there is interest.

@lurumagno There is a column in land_units and naval_units that governs campaign movement range. Export that into your own pack and then select the entire column. You can then right click on it and "Apply expression." I used x/2 and x/4 but you can use whatever you want.
    Hi!

Ty Dresden,but i only see a column called "movepoints" in agent_tables....

What column i must change?!?!

Thank you again and sorry for my bad english!!
    Last edited by lurumagno; October 23, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

GasCanGerry's Avatar Libertus
    In the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge...

I do not know why, but using the 4tpy startpos only gives me 2 turns per year. It says it conflicts with Radious, is that why?

EDIT: Yeah, it's from that. Didn't know he updated his mod to be 2tpy.
    Last edited by GasCanGerry; October 23, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GasCanGerry View Post
    I do not know why, but using the 4tpy startpos only gives me 2 turns per year. It says it conflicts with Radious, is that why?

EDIT: Yeah, it's from that. Didn't know he updated his mod to be 2tpy.

You can change turns per year in radious mod with Pack File manager:

(change the first value,i have 4 turns per year).

GasCanGerry's Avatar Libertus
    In the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge...

Quote Originally Posted by lurumagno View Post
    You can change turns per year in radious mod with Pack File manager: (change the first value,i have 4 turns per year).
    Did the trick. Thanks!

@lurumagno

In land_units_tables and naval_units_tables, the column is campaign_action_points.

And yes, this mod is no longer compatible with Radious due to his addition of a startpos.

@Octavian21 Agent costs are not doubled, only army costs. I can look into doing agent costs if there is interest.

@lurumagno There is a column in land_units and naval_units that governs campaign movement range. Export that into your own pack and then select the entire column. You can then right click on it and "Apply expression." I used x/2 and x/4 but you can use whatever you want.
    It's ok, really up to you. I edited the table myself and doubled it. I'm having the best campaign ever now (relaxing after heavy modding).

IIRC, I took your 2TPY Hardcore mod, and modified it a little bit to what I think would be "realistic";

1) Doubled Agent Costs
    2) Revert back to Vanilla Recruit Times and Campaign Movement

This and trying the Close Combat mod for the first time has made my new campaign one of the best I've had since
    back in Medieval I and Rome I. Thanks a lot for the package man

No problem, thanks for the feedback.

@jkjktotalwar You should try out patch 5 with the Steam workshop mods. It also has an in-game mod Manager. I am not sure I have any old versions around but I can look.

If you just want to edit the turns per year only, check this out: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13270783
    Hey dresden the new patches don't do , they are practically worthless.
    I'm about to go back to patch 3 at least my cavalry could Disengage without spam clicking and breaking my mouse, & they didn't all instant die from trying to disengage, and they didn't run back to the unit I told them to disengage from!
    Patch 4 slowed my performance down but at least I didn't have to deal with that bullcrpa.
    The patches haven't fixed the AI in sieges, nor has it added the "Trade province/city" feature or added the money feature. In patch 5 forced march is not working in cities! I always forcemarch straight to the city they took it out because ..who the hell knows CA is retarded.

@lurumagno

In land_units_tables and naval_units_tables, the column is campaign_action_points.

And yes, this mod is no longer compatible with Radious due to his addition of a startpos.
    Done!!

Thanks a lot mate! and good job!

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

May i ask, what combination should i have for most realistic game? I still haven't play Rome 2 I will prefer 4tpy i guess

I personally really like my 4TPY Hardcore Mod on the Steam Workshop. It basically combines all the aspects of 4TPY into a challenging setup. I also recommend Traits, Talents and Toadies for a more immersive character experience.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 04, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

Strange, I use the all factions playable mod and yours and I see no conflict or bug at all... I also use Sliven Mod, no bug or conflict

If you use the mods from this page, they don't have the startpos change (they don't change the turns per year number). If you use the ones on Steam, they do change the turns per year number.

That's the reason why, thanks

Btw, what about an option to have replenishment rate divided by 2 or 4 depending on 2TPY or 4TPY?

My 2TPY and 4TPY Hardcore mods on steam do change replenishment rate. I can add an optional mod here for it. I was going to update these but I am waiting for the next beta patch to do so.

Hi Dresden, is it normal that with your 4TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod, armies movements on the campaign map seems to be halved while everything is normal with 4TPY Build, Research and Cost Mod???

No, army movements shouldn't be halved in that first mod. It may have been a mistake of mine when I was making them. I will check it out.