Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 beta 10/10/13)

Anyone getting harbour showing up twice in research tooltip of leather sails as Suebi?
    @Dresden Nice work on Agents. You beat me to it, I was going to upload today LOL cheers!

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 beta 10/10/13)

I forgot to mention 4TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Anyone getting harbour showing up twice in research tooltip of leather sails as Suebi?
    @Dresden Nice work on Agents. You beat me to it, I was going to upload today LOL cheers!
    Yes, I am getting that too. I am also getting Boatyard twice under Oak Construction.

Edit: After some testing, it appears to be a vanilla issue in patch 4.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 10, 2013 at 01:16 PM.

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@Dresden Cheers! I thought perhaps their was a double entry in the build and tech tables

Very nice Mod. Adds difficulty in planing of building cities and armies up! But is there a possible way to apply the 2tpy Recruitment Cost and Recruitment Time to Modded Unit Packs?

Maybe putting the 2tpy Mods after all Unit Packs in the Loading Order of the ModManager, or does every single unit has to be tweaked for 2tpy manually?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    Very nice Mod. Adds difficulty in planing of building cities and armies up! But is there a possible way to apply the 2tpy Recruitment Cost and Recruitment Time to Modded Unit Packs?

Maybe putting the 2tpy Mods after all Unit Packs in the Loading Order of the ModManager, or does every single unit has to be tweaked for 2tpy manually?
    If you put my mod above the unit packs, the unit packs will probably be overwritten. You can try to fix conflicts using Mod Manager, but I am not sure it will work properly. The best way to do it is to edit their files yourself.

You will need PFM, here is a tutorial on making small mods that may have some helpful info: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Game-Editing

1. Open the mod you want to edit using PFM.

2. Go into main_units_tables and change create_time column for all units. You can select the entire column at once, then right click on a cell and choose "Apply Expression to Selected Cells." In the expression box type x*2 . This will double all of the values in that column.

3. Next go to the recruitment_cost column and repeat the above step. This should double all the recruitment cost values.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Champlain's Avatar Civis

@BigEl Most additional unit mods are made by veteran modders and design their mods to take advantage of a named file tree, main_units_tables is the default, a modder like Radious will have Rf1_main_units_tables for his Unit Pack 1, The Swiss Halbridier will always have his as AUM_main_tables_units etc. This permits multiple mods to work together. Having said this their mods are of course modded to their tastes so if you want them to have a cost or recruitment time equal to what Dresden is doing then you have to self edit as explained in Dresden's post #46. Cheers!

Red_Barron's Avatar Foederatus

Please excuse my noobish mistake here, but I think I just opened the game directly via steam instead of the mod manager. It seems as if the movement restrictions no longer work. After I quit out of the game and reload it with the mod manager, it looks like it's still there (though I did not save on exit). Can anyone explain how I borked this up, or perhaps insight on how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Barron View Post
    Please excuse my noobish mistake here, but I think I just opened the game directly via steam instead of the mod manager. It seems as if the movement restrictions no longer work. After I quit out of the game and reload it with the mod manager, it looks like it's still there (though I did not save on exit). Can anyone explain how I borked this up, or perhaps insight on how to fix it?
    Are you using the agent or army movement mod?

The agent one doesn't affect agents present at the start of a campaign or from a loaded save that wasn't using the mod. That could be part of the problem.

Otherwise, I am not sure. The mod should work whether you saved or not, if you are using the mod version and loaded it in Mod Manager. Are you using any other mods at a higher priority?

Indefinitely Banned

hi dresden. thanks with your mod which adds more flavour and immersion to the game.

i have just one question. does your modis compatible with radious mods (research mod)?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OLIVIER View Post
    hi dresden. thanks with your mod which adds more flavour and immersion to the game.

i have just one question. does your modis compatible with radious mods (research mod)?

thanks
    No, I believe his research mod is a movie type file.

If you want to use Radious' mods individually with mine, you would have to change them to a Mod format using PFM editor. Then run Mod Manager and put this mod at a higher priority. Or, change the research times in his mod. I explained above how to change a mod's unit times, use the same steps but edit the technology table instead.

If you use his overall mod I believe it is in mod format, so you could use that with my mod and put mine in a higher priority in Mod Manager.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    No, I believe his research mod is a movie type file.

If you want to use Radious' mods individually with mine, you would have to change them to a Mod format using PFM editor. Then run Mod Manager and put this mod at a higher priority. Or, change the research times in his mod. I explained above how to change a mod's unit times, use the same steps but edit the technology table instead.

If you use his overall mod I believe it is in mod format, so you could use that with my mod and put mine in a higher priority in Mod Manager.
    yes right the second solution is better. il will use radious all in one mod+ your mod.
    thx and keep ure good work

Hi, Dresden. Just loving your mod so far. Just a point of view IMHO. I've found changing your recruitment times on the 4tpy to SHIPS=4/SEIGE=2/ LAND=1 works for me, Its tending to lend itself to better to the Ai using the land more to spread out rather than ship invasions all over. I've also found with your mod over riding Radious Total mod and tweaking only the land units to 240 per unit, they work rather well together. The navy as a back up force to a settlement raid. Respect

There was something I recognized today. When I play with your 2tpy Movement Mod, Forced March and Normale Stance have the same movement range. It doesn´t different from one another anymore. When I take the Mod out I have normal Stance and normal Forced March again.

Is this a Bug someone can verify?

Does this mod Work with patch 4? or only the beta?
    Some say the Romans were evil others say they were good.....
    I say ROMA VICTOR!!!!

@BigEl_nobody I will check on the stances, I didn't change anything with them so that may be a problem.

@Zhentilian this should work with the live version of patch 4.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 10/11/13)

strange, with patch 4, the research time and costs are changed but its still 1 year per turn for me.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost and Movement Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.3 (patch 4 10/11/13)

Hey Dresden....looks like the startpos.esf file is smaller than the Vanilla one....wouldn't that mean that I would miss out on something? Kingbread....u need to update your startpos.esf
    Some say the Romans were evil others say they were good.....
    I say ROMA VICTOR!!!!

@kingbread You have to download the startpos.esf to actually get the turns per year to change. Put the startpos.esf in your Rome2/data/campaigns/main_rome/ folder. Make sure to backup the original.

@Zhentilian Everytime I have ever edited a startpos it ends up smaller than the original. I think it has something to do with the way ESFeditor unpacks and repacks the file. So far, I haven't experienced any bugs from this but some people have reported that if you do large changes you will eventually get crashes. From my testing, changing the year results in a smaller file but doesn't affect game stability.

@BigEl_nobody I can't seem to replicate your forced march bug. For me, using the 2TPY movement mod forced march ends up being the same as normal movement range without the mod (Whereas normally forced march is double normal movement range).