Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Default 2TPY & 4TPY Build, Research, Recruitment, Cost, Growth and Movement Mods v2.0 (Patch 17)

Compatible with the Ancestral beta update. Grand Campaign only. Affects both Player and AI.

Mod Packs:

Startpos Pack Files
    Use one of these to just change the turns per year.

2TPY Startpos Pack

4TPY Startpos Pack

Or Choose One of these:

2TPY + Building/Tech times x2

4TPY + Building/Tech times x4

Old Versions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2 Turns Per Year Mod Pack Versions:

Choose One of the following:
    2TPY Build and Research Mod - Build and Research times doubled from vanilla values.
    2TPY Build, Research and Cost Mod - Build times, Research time and Building costs doubled from vanilla values.
    2TPY Build, Research and Recruit Mod - Build and Research times doubled, Recruit slots lowered by 1.
    2TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod - Build times, Research times, Building costs and Recruitment costs doubled. Recruit slots lowered by 1.

And any or none of these:
    2TPY Campaign Movement Mod - Army, Navy and Agent Campaign Movement reduced by various levels depending on unit type, compatible with any of the above mods.
    2TPY Population Growth Mod - Building Population Growth Bonuses reduced by 50%, compatible with any of the above mods.
    2TPY Replenishment Mod - Army Replenishment reduced by 50%, Naval Replenishment by 20%.
    2TPY Character XP Mod - Each experience level takes longer to get. Agents x2, Generals x1.5.
    2TPY Siege & Attrition Mod - Attrition lowered and siege times increased by 1.

Or, the All-in-one:
    2TPY Hardcore Mod
    -The following have been doubled: Build Times, Research Times, Building Cost, Recruit Cost.
    -The following have been reduced by 50%: Building Growth Bonus, Army Replenishment Bonuses.
    -Building Replenishment Bonus, Agent Movement, and Infantry Campaign Movement reduced by 25%.
    -Artillery Campaign Movement decreased by 35%.
    -Navy Replenishment decreased by 20%.
    -Unit Upkeep increased by 25%.
    -Agent experience required for each rank x 2, Generals x 1.5.
    -Recruitment slots lowered by 1.
    - Attrition lowered, siege times increased by 1.
    -AI gets a food bonus based on difficulty level.

4 Turns Per Year Mod Pack Versions:

Choose One of the following:
    4TPY Build and Research Mod - Build and Research times quadrupled from vanilla values.
    4TPY Build, Research and Cost Mod - Build times, Research time and Building costs quadrupled from vanilla values.
    4TPY Build, Research and Recruit Mod - Build and Research times quadrupled, Recruit slots lowered by 2.
    4TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod - Build times, Research times, Building costs and Recruitment costs quadrupled, Recruit slots lowered by 2.

And any or none of these:
    4TPY Campaign Movement Mod - Army, Navy and Agent Campaign Movement reduced by various levels depending on unit type, compatible with any of the above mods.
    4TPY Population Growth Mod - Building Population Growth Bonuses reduced by 75%, compatible with any of the above mods.
    4TPY Replenishment Mod - Army Replenishment reduced by 75%, Naval Replenishment by 50%.
    4TPY Character XP Mod - Each experience level takes longer to get. Agents x4, Generals x3.
    4TPY Siege & Attrition Mod - Attrition lowered, siege times increased by 2.

Or, the All-in-one: 4TPY Hardcore Mod
    -The following have been quadrupled: Build Times, Research Times, Building Cost, Recruit Cost.
    -Building Replenishment Bonus and Navy Replenishment reduced by 50%.
    -Building Growth Bonus and Army Replenishment reduced by 75%.
    -Infantry Campaign Movement and Agent/General Campaign Movement reduced by 50%.
    -Cavalry Campaign Movement reduced by 25%, Siege Equipment Movement by 60%.
    -Unit Upkeep increased by 50%.
    -Agent experience required for each rank x 4, Generals x 3.
    -Recruitment slots lowered by 2.
    -Attrition lowered, siege times increased by 2.
    -AI gets a food bonus based on difficulty level.

Installation:
    Put the chosen *.pack file in your Rome2/data directory. Click enable out of date mods in the mod manager. Use the in-game Mod Manager to run.

Mod Compatibility:
    The startpos changes are not compatible with Radious, other Turns Per Year Mods, or the All Factions Playable Mod.

Notes:

These mods are similar to what Champlain did with his awesome work. Credit and thanks to him for his continual support!

Update v1.2 - Added Campaign Movement optional mods for each mod type. They are compatible with the other mods.
    Update 10/9/13 - Updated startpos files for patch 4 update.
    Update v1.3 - Added Campaign Movement optional mods for agents. They are compatible with the other mods. This will not affect current agents already recruited in new campaigns or saved games.
    Update v1.4 - Added Building Population Growth Bonus optional mods. They are compatible with the other mods. These will decrease the Population Growth Bonuses of Buildings so that regions grow at a slower pace.
    Updated v1.5 10/18/13 - Updated Startpos and all mods for patch 5.
    11/5/2013
    - Fixed 4TPY Build, Research, Recruit and Cost Mod to not have army movement changes.
    - Added Replenishment optional mods.
    11/7/2013
    - Added 2TPY and 4TPY Hardcore Mods.
    11/12/2013
    - Updated the Cost and Hardcore modes to give the AI a larger spending cap. Hopefully this means they will build more advanced buildings/units.
    11/14/2013
    -All mods updated for patch 7 beta
    Updated 1.8
    - Due to some reports of AI not recruiting when the recruitment time is set to multiple turns, I changed recruitment. Now, there are less slots but units take 1 turn.
    - Added optional attrition/siege TPY mods.
    - Lowered building recruitment slot bonuses for recruitment mods.
    12/19
    Updated patch 8.1
    12/29
    Updated Growth and Replenishment mods for patch 8.
    Fixed 2TPY and 4TPY Tech/Build/Cost mods
    Last edited by Dresden; July 26, 2018 at 03:41 PM.

Default Re: Build, Research and Recruitment Mods for 2TPY/4TPY (patch 4 beta)

Thank you kindly. Started to edit the db myself and my eyes started hurting. Just too many values to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by jfood View Post
    Thank you kindly. Started to edit the db myself and my eyes started hurting. Just too many values to edit.
    Well, like I said above these are very crude versions. I simply doubled or quadrupled the values so I imagine some of the later buildings and tech will be too long to make/research. So this is just a stop gap until someone takes the time to edit the thousands of values with an eye to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Well, like I said above these are very crude versions. I simply doubled or quadrupled the values so I imagine some of the later buildings and tech will be too long to make/research. So this is just a stop gap until someone takes the time to edit the thousands of values with an eye to balance.
    I think that's exactly what Chamberlain did as well, but he could probably give the correct answer whereas I'm just guessing. The research values towards the end aren't too bad, considering they're cut almost in half anyways if you build several libraries. The construction times are a little nutty though, since you can only shave off one turn through research.

Two turns per year seems fairly balanced, if somewhat fast-paced at the start but four was just a little too epic. Perhaps that Greek proverb about seasons is correct: Summer, Harvest, War.

Anyways, thanks again.

The previous mod doubled the lower tier techs but the upper tier ones were more like a 25% increase. He also balanced the build times better. I basically just made this quickly for my own use in 2tpy and figured others might want it.

You guys do realize the CA vanilla is now 2TPY? Although they haven't changed the research or build rate at all.

I wonder if they will rebalance it.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecial View Post
    You guys do realize the CA vanilla is now 2TPY? Although they haven't changed the research or build rate at all.

I wonder if they will rebalance it.
    My vanilla version isn't 2tpy. Not sure where you got that from, but on a new campaign I still advance 1 year per end turn with patch 4 beta.

You're right. I was looking at the wrong esf file in EditESF. My bad

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Does these mods make it 4tpy also? Or does it simply add 4tpy values to reasearch and build?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Would it be possible to increase the cost of everything by 4x original, since you're now effectively getting 4x the income?

Also, recruitment and build times are multiplied correctly, but research times are still vanilla values. I'm not using any other mods that effect research values as far as I know. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by (Decoy) View Post
    Also, recruitment and build times are multiplied correctly, but research times are still vanilla values. I'm not using any other mods that effect research values as far as I know. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes, research is still set at default levels, for 2 turns per year at least. First in is still 2 turns, with the t1 techs taking between 2 to 3 turns to complete.

Hrm, that is odd, I adjusted the tech points required. I thought that was what governed tech research times. I will look into it.

@Decoy For cost, I can try to increase cost levels and make an optional mod for that.

@helmersen This mod does not change the startpos.esf file to actually change the turns per year number. I can upload versions for 4tpy and 2tpy. The problem is, it gets overwritten by patches. The easiest way is to learn how to do it, which is why I included the tutorial in the main post. I will upload some startpos though.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 05, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Decoy For cost, I can try to increase cost levels and make an optional mod for that.
    I don't know the specifics of how it all works, but as it is, you're making a full year worth of income every turn. If you're using 4TPY, that adds up quick. You never have money problems. A simple fix would just be to multiply the cost of everything by four. So yeah, anything you can do would be appreciated.

From my testing the research rates do change. It could have something to do with current vs. new campaigns.

I added some startpos files for people who need 2 and 4 tpy choices.

Edit: I added versions of the mod that affect cost of buildings and/or recruitment. Let me know if it works out or not.

I can also make Mod versions of these files for people who want to use this with Radious' Total overhaul mod.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 05, 2013 at 05:44 PM.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment and Cost Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.1 (patch 4 beta 10/5/13)

I think I found the cause for the mod not working... but it's kind of strange to say the least. While it doesn't show a conflict in Mod Manager with Hellbent's Traits and Toadies mod, the two just won't work together and it looks like yours is overwritten.

It shouldn't happen for any reason that I can see but if I pull his mod out of my data folder, joy. Put it back in, no dice. I even repeated it five times to make sure. Can't even guess why it's happening, really bizarre.

I hate not being able to edit...

At first I thought it might be my startpos file, as I leave it set to three turns per year. That seems like it doesn't effect anything at all, aside from the calender. Every other mod I use, your sack/liberate/confed, auxiliaries for everyone and eprius/athens expanded... those work fine. But you and Hellbent just don't want to play nice with one another.

Please be friends, you're both pretty swell.

Default Re: Build, Research, Recruitment and Cost Mods for 2TPY/4TPY v1.1 (patch 4 beta 10/5/13)

Is it just me or do the startpos files link to nothing?

Hi dresden, do you think you could include a pack which decreases army movement points? Like a .mod pack for each tpy option, so that if you have a 4tpy you could have 75% less movement points, and -50% for 2 TPY. Is this easy to mod myself? I'm really horrible at editing even the .esf file myself

@Vaporsnake I fixed the startpos link, sorry about that. My power went out for around 4 hours when I was editing the post earlier.

@DavidtheDuke I will look into campaign movement, no problem.

@jfood I can make a Mod version of these so you can load them in Mod Manager at top priority so they override other mods. I think TTT mod does something with the tech table so that is why they are not playing well together. Also you could just double all the tech times in TTT's mod, should do the trick. I don't want to edit/release another modder's work without permission. Here is a little mod tutorial that covers some basics: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Game-Editing
    Last edited by Dresden; October 05, 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast