Thread: Game won't start after beta patch nr 4!

Default Game won't start after beta patch nr 4!

I have been one of the lucky ones and have been playing the game without any problems, until now.

The game won't start after downloading the latest beta patch...

I've tried to delete the roaming map without any effect.

[How to] fix Rome 2 stuck at splash screen/wont load didn't work either

Default Re: Game won't start after beta patch nr 4!

Are you using mods?
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

I've been using radious battle-mod, it wasn't a problem when I downloaded the other patches...

I tried and removed the mod but that didn't work either...

I also reinstalled the game but that was just a waste of time

If you have already deleted your rome install and have installed fresh or verified cache, make sure you delete your appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/rome 2 folder too and then try starting it. ***This will delete save games and preferences too, You are warned***
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Great, thanks CA... Same here, since last patch, I can't play the game anymore. My game start and get stuck at the loading screen...
    I deleted the game and re-install it (I had no mods). The only way is to delete the appdate folder? But that means I'm gonna lose my saved games!!!

You can go in the folder and copy/move the save game file out, run the game again so it recreates the appdata folder and drop the save game back in.

Same thing happened to me - after isntalling beta 4 the game gets stuck on the loading screen and crashes when I bring up the task manager.

However, I didn't need to reinstall - you can just opt out if the beta and it will revert back to patch 3.

same here, game wont start with patch 4 beta
    Don't smoke the seed

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

ive had this problem but since patch 2...
    So ive been unable to play for weeks.
    Tried everything reinstalling the game several times removing everything with a connection to rome 2 and reinstalling and nothing seems to work...