Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Patch 4 beta live

Laetus

Default Re: Patch 4 beta live

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    With such an AI battle changing Patch like this, I wouldn`t advise using Radious` Mod until he`s updated it.

Cheers. I will hold back on updating then

Epic28's Avatar Senator

• The Loose formation button has been added for certain units in battle.

CLUTCH
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

I only dont get why those small patches takes ages to download.
    It's not about download speed, it's about reading and moving files on the hardrive that is causing the slowness.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

How can I revert this?Mods dont work.

with all of these patches, i suggest starting a new campaign (this was always the preferred route in RTW/M2)

if you cant start the game, etc, go into user/appdata and delete the Rome2 folder then verify the game cache in Steam

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife View Post
    Wow! Thank God I copied my entire install on another disk. Do you think this has something to do with the mod pack "5" thing?

What reason let you to believe that a mod that is not updated for the latest patch would be compatible with it? Like seriously?

Anyway, just "opt out" of the beta through the steam options.

Just finish my "reversion",I hope this beta takes forever to become official.

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

Quite a few changes that I'm keen to test, but I think I'll wait a bit for the modders to catch up..
    Scripta manent, verba volant.

My Byzantine AAR
    My Rome II story

If the modders have to redone everything every weeks...I dont know ,this time they completely screw the mods.

Is this compatible with saved campaigns?? No mods added

This patch broke my game

Now it won't even start

The siege AI still does not use rams and galleys. After they got on the walls with ladders and siege towers they would just sit there without doing anything as the rest of the army.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

patch notes is awesome hope that it work
    downloading
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    The siege AI still does not use rams and galleys. After they got on the walls with ladders and siege towers they would just sit there without doing anything as the rest of the army.
    Oh man...and I thought I can start a new campaign finally...well, maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    On the other hand spoiled mods.I've reverted for previous version, unfortunately deleted all the saves.I will not even start a new campaign or update my mod,CA and Steam will spoil it in the official update.

Did they fix the disappearance of defensive artillery on III or IV cities? Quite surprise no one mention this bug in any thread yet...
    "Dulaman na binne bui, dulaman Gaelach
    Dulaman na farraige, b'fhearr a bhi in Eirinn"

Battles are still too fast, and missile units way too powerful. A slinger halved two of my Carthaginian Hoplites moving towards them. By the time they're in contact, they were two lines deep, each one of them.

The phalanx still rotates around like the fools they have been, turning to every man slipping through their ranks. They still do that zombie mary-go-round featured in AJ's angry review.

Campidoctor

Good load of changes there. I've noticed transport ships have been rebalanced, can anyone confirm what exactly has changed? It's been a common request that they become significantly weaker against all combat vessels.

If the modders have to redone everything every weeks...I dont know ,this time they completely screw the mods.
    Well yeah patches and mods are designed to change things, if there's a conflict the game's not going to work is it? Pretty basic stuff. It's a downside with using mods while the game is being regularly patched.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I am in rare agreement with Metallistic about using Mods when a patcvh has just been released, especially one that makes deep intrinsic changes to the game. NEVER use old Mods, take them all out before letting the Patch in. To me this is very, very obvious and it`s funny to see people complaining.

I can only blame Steam. Before Steam, people educated themselves and learned these things about mods (very basic information), with Steam, they expect everything to just magical do it all itself and don`t even think about the sense of it any more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast