Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Players Look Here! [FAQ & Help Thread]

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: New Players Look Here! [FAQ & Help Thread]

Is this forum still active?

Quote Originally Posted by ficenzi View Post
    Is this forum still active?
    Yes it is. We are just in a little slow period due to a holiday in the Us but things should pick up soon.

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

So,I watched all the seasons of GoT (too lazy to read the books) and wanted to play a game. I found this forum. I read the rules and character biographies and I'm confused as hell. My idea is to create a character, a bannerlord of the North, with a fortress in the woods and an archer army.
    1.When creating a character, can I choose any nobility title I want? Cause it seems unfair to start of as a great house.
    2.And these traits, do I make them up, or is there a list of available traits?

1. The only players who claim Lord of a Great House are the Lord Paramounts. Everyone else is a Lord's Bannerman. .
    2. There is a list of traits in the rules, and how many points to allocate a character gets depending on their age.

ficenzi's Avatar Senator

1. Is anyone playing as House Rowan of Goldengrove?
    2. If the above is No, can I make up my own house and rule Goldengrove instead of playing as House Rowan?
    3. Who is playing as House Tyrell?
    4. How long ago did this round start?

Quote Originally Posted by ficenzi View Post
    1. Is anyone playing as House Rowan of Goldengrove?
    2. If the above is No, can I make up my own house and rule Goldengrove instead of playing as House Rowan?
    3. Who is playing as House Tyrell?
    4. How long ago did this round start?
    1. There was someone Rping as House Rowan but they are considered inactive at this point.

2. We don't allow player-created Houses to start ruling from the start. Only the noes that are in the lore/cannon can do that. if you want to create a House of your own design thna you must start low, as a hedge knight, and work your way up into power.

3. Currently, the Tyrells are controlled by Xion.

4. We are currently in year 6 (1 year = 1 week) of this current restart.

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Hi there, i'm interested in playing this again and have a few questions.

1. I've looked around and apparently there's war and stuff going on? is there anything that i would need to know?
    2. what house to pick? I'm not to fussy and i noticed that each of realms had around equal amount of players, do you need someone for a specific role?
    3. Also this current game has no relation to the one i played in right? (it was a while ago.) i'm unsure because of the whole Karstarks in-charge of winterfell thing.
    Born in Australia, Living in New Zealand.
    "Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."
    "If there is no justice for the people, let there be no peace for the government."
    "The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing have names and addresses."

Quote Originally Posted by mic1402 View Post
    Hi there, i'm interested in playing this again and have a few questions.

1. I've looked around and apparently there's war and stuff going on? is there anything that i would need to know?
    2. what house to pick? I'm not to fussy and i noticed that each of realms had around equal amount of players, do you need someone for a specific role?
    3. Also this current game has no relation to the one i played in right? (it was a while ago.) i'm unsure because of the whole Karstarks in-charge of winterfell thing.
    This restart is basically a time-skip of our first Blackfyre Restart about ten years into the future, a few years after the Great Spring Sickness has ravaged Westeros. The ruling King was Haegon Blackfyre, the sixth son of Daemon Blackfyre, the King Who Wields the Sword. he ended up King after most of his brothers died during the Sickness and after Haegon murdered his one surviving brother to gain the Iron Throne for himself.

Now, after a number of years building a network of alliances and friendships, Maekar Targaryen has made a move to retake the Iron Throne for House Targaryen. The Blackfyres during this time were completely ignorant, having relied on the power of a one Lord Meldred Baratheon the King Maker to keep their enemies in check. After a relatively short war that had two battles being fought and resulting in the capture of Haegon in a battle and the crumbling of his armies, Maekar has won the Iron Throne and we are beginning to Rp his coronation. gthe Blackfyres still live and are poised to invade Westeros again but they aren't the only threat out there as Maekar still has many claimants amongst his own family members, at least 4 other Targaryens, who can claim the throne, with several of the major regions having their own claimant.

This is basically should be where we are now. If you need more information on specific regions, I can provide that as well.

As for the regions, anywhere but the Westerlands would be fine. The West has too many Houses now to make the regions a tad unbalanced. Although do avoid the Vale for now. There's an issue there that needs to be dealt with.

Hello..m i am an experienced roleplayer, not from an english spkeaking country (so please forgive my poor gramar and stuff) and i d like to play. I haven't quite understand the setting but i ve noticed the story has been altered to fit the game play. My first question is: would it be simpler to use a low birth character or will it make my story less playable? I mean, a gladiator or a orphan in flee botton?

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Honestly, it will be far more interesting for you to play as a Lord character - both in terms of actual RP and how the rules are catered. There are of course options to play as low-born/freedman like Sellswords and Merchants, but often you will find players take these as 'secondary' characters because the amount of RP available to them is limited unless you get creative. Alternately, if you only want to play a small role in the game they could be a good way to go in order to get a taste of what things feel like.

However I would still recommend playing as a Lord character for your first run-through, even if it is a fairly unimportant one, to get a proper experience of what the GoT RP has to offer.

Hope this helps, and welcome.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As Shank said: lordly character, the Vale needs some more High Lords so I would recommend starting there. Any Qs ask.

Ok... i ll look it up but i ll say already that beeing from the vale was kinda my option already: is bloodygates stil available as a home?

The Bloody Gate is a hereditary title the Arryns can give a vassal, so I don't believe you can pick it as a province. But you could sign up a house and try to become Knight of the Bloody Gate if Arryn hasn't assigned one yet.
    Last edited by Xion; May 27, 2015 at 04:23 PM.

After Robert's Rebellion, which led to House Targaryen's downfall, Lord Jon Arryn named Ser Brynden Tully (latter he should return to Riverun) the Knight of the Gate. So... That chararcter must be ar the gate... otherwise i am free to ask (off game) the permition to create a house that could ocupy that position. Right? Would that pearson be Mic? The player that RP as the Lord of the Vale? I need a link to the ruls of point distribution also if you could be so kind!

I control Brynden Tully, who in my version never became Knight of the Gate. So the position is free for you to make a character to take

Nice... i ll keep diging for the char creation rules and point distribution and soon we ll meet ingame. Tks

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Looking at, possibly, getting in on this so 3 questions;

Question the first: May I please have a quick overview of what's going on in the realm at the moment? Anything especially important?

Question the second: Is there any particular region/area/province in need of character(s) or Houses?

Question the third: Are foreigners allowed I.E. A Meerenese pit-fighter (freed, of course) or such?

Oh, one last thing, what is the dealeo on Sellsword companies/bands? Would they be allowed at all?

Eeeeerr...s'all I have for now, so any answers would be very much welcomed!

Muchos Gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Question the first: May I please have a quick overview of what's going on in the realm at the moment? Anything especially important?
    No wars or anything, just a tenuous regency and some riots in the capitol which are going to be squashed soon. There's a tournament at Highgarden and a lot of side adventures going on right now.

Question the second: Is there any particular region/area/province in need of character(s) or Houses?
    The Crownlands are quite bare at the moment, other than that anywhere would be fine.

Question the third: Are foreigners allowed I.E. A Meerenese pit-fighter (freed, of course) or such?
    Yes, but depending on how authentic you wanted to keep that backstory you would be limited to several classes. For example, you couldn't register a character like that as the lord of, well, anything.

Oh, one last thing, what is the dealeo on Sellsword companies/bands? Would they be allowed at all?
    Yes, there is a specific system/class and tree for sellswords and sellsword companies. However, be advised that it is peacetime and there likely won't be a major war for some time so it might get boring.

TraykxSkyle's Avatar Laetus

Wow only just found this forum and I've been searching for a good 3/4 months. I've read the rules and merely wanted to ask a few questions.

1) Can I join an already established player house (if so) do I contact the head of that house for permission?

2) What would you suggest as a start for a new character.. a low born or a Lord or even something in between? I'd love to play a Knight but am unsure of those searching for any.

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by TraykxSkyle View Post
    Wow only just found this forum and I've been searching for a good 3/4 months. I've read the rules and merely wanted to ask a few questions.

1) Can I join an already established player house (if so) do I contact the head of that house for permission?

2) What would you suggest as a start for a new character.. a low born or a Lord or even something in between? I'd love to play a Knight but am unsure of those searching for any.
    Hi, welcome to the forums! Always fun to see new players here.

1) Yes, as long as they agree there is no problem.

2) Most people play as a lord, but you can also play as a sellsword (mercenary) or a merchant. Playing as a high lord is pretty easy, then you get some influence and power to play with as well. If you want to focus solely on characters, then a single knight/sworn sword character is always available. You will always find someone who'll take you into their service, so don't worry about that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast