Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1450 Campaign for 6.4

Default Re: 1450 Campaign for 6.4

Lol wow...I knew I was brainless. It turned out that in my sleep deprived state, I was extracting to the wrong folder. A million pardons, but thanks anyways. Seeing your reply inspired me to try again, and now I'm blasting the French in the face with early firearms.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Increasing missile_gunpowder value by 6-8 and in some cases even 10 seems to do the trick that makes gunpowder units useful on the battlefield.
    Keep in mind that the musketeers already have a decent value of 32 so it doesn't need any more buffing.
    Same can be said about certain other units since the value should never go above 32, but also never below 22-24, apart from the mounted units whose value should be between 15-18/19.

I also recommend using the skins/textures of Teutonic hand gunners for any faction that you plan to play with since they are the only ones with proper pavise shield paintings instead of having just two boring and bland faction colors.

I just love the options in such a late timeline and the AI using such swarms of elite units and being so much better at using pikes/muskets/cannons/heavy cavalry
    Hands down the best total war experience ever
    Last edited by +Marius+; May 05, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Libertus

Hi Marius,

About the installation guide, can you be more specific? Your mod file contains several files (such as descr_settlement, export_descr_buildings) but also a file named campaign with several subfiles. Where do I have to put these files into?

This is not my mod

You just need to extract the mod files and copy/replace those in the SS data folder.
    They share the same name so you can find them pretty easily.

I advise you to open up your SS data folder and the mod data folder side by side and simply drag and drop them to their appropriate places.

You can't miss

So will this replace the existing 1220 campaign? Is there no way of having 3 campaigns-an early(1100), late(1220) and superlate/renaissance(1450) via this submod?

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    So will this replace the existing 1220 campaign?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoumyaBanerjee View Post
    Is there no way of having 3 campaigns-an early(1100), late(1220) and superlate/renaissance(1450) via this submod?
    No.

Well...not without you seriously modifying your game build to support three campaigns that is.

Actually just changing the 1450 campaign folder name and updating the campaign.txt file inside should do.
    aand maybe some submods might need to include the 3rd campaign as possible target if they already can't work for all...but aside of that nothing else.
    I wouldn't consider this as "seriously modifiying the build"

Thaaanks for the mod!
    Last edited by vic_chan666; May 16, 2017 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I'm retarded

Civis

Just wanted to hop on and say I really enjoy this submod. Been having loads of fun with it. I've made a few name changes to be more historically accurate (atleast to my knowledge... if anyone notices any errors, feel free to tell me). I changed the Seljuks to Ottomans, Byzantine Empire to Roman Empire, Moorish Caliphate to the Marinidian Dynasty.. and a few others I can't remember. If anyone feel any other names should be changed, please tell me, i'd love to know. And one more thing, I made sure to use notepad++ so no nasty hidden CTD's should occur due to this.
    Download
    To install, simply drag and drop to your ss6.3/data/text folder and delete expanded.txt.strings.bin. Always make backups, of course.

Anyways, thanks a lot for this mod. Really enjoying the late era units.
    Last edited by frotxy; February 19, 2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Updated download and fixed some formatting errors.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

crusader states were pretty much non-existent in 1450 except in title form. Acre and Tripoli fell....like late 1200s iirc. So if your really wanna be accurate it be Kingdom of Cyprus (as in the island) with titular (non-land holding) claims on Armenia, Jerusalem (including acre) and Antioch. That is the Lusingan dynasty at that point. And the muslim emirates would hold that area in reality.

Sicily is correct. It was split into what is known now for ease as Kingdom of Naples and Kingdom of Sicily around that time. Both officially went by Kingdom of Sicily though. And they were owned by Aragon and united in the 1450 time frame anyway. So...you could call it Kingdom of the Two Sicilies which is what King Alfanso called himself. King of Aragon and the Two Sicilies. Also....it became known as that eventually officially.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Civis

Thanks a lot for the info. I edited the relevant faction names, for anyone interested. If anymore should be changed, just tell me and i'll do so.

Trying to get this sub-Mod to work but every time I start a campaign it sends me back to the menus.

Using the latest extractor for 6.4

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's an issue with the descr_strat file. Did you follow these instructions?: run SS_Setup and go for late campaign (meant to be played with RR on)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That's an issue with the descr_strat file. Did you follow these instructions?: run SS_Setup and go for late campaign (meant to be played with RR on)
    Thanks for the swift reply. Yeah I did but I had 2 tpy turned on, that May have caused some errors. I’ll try again when I get home.

I want to say thanks for the latest extractor, with that and long address aware I’ve had minimal CTDs on 6.4 and been having lots of fun lately.

You rock dude

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Dang still having the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by miniconquistador View Post
    Dang still having the same issue
    I don't think it works with meloo's bug fix, if anyone is wondering. I'll try to make a working version set in 1444 and use paradox as a reference. If i have some success i'll upload it.

-Pushed back start date to 1444.
    -Kept Ziltoid's change to settlement population requirements.
    -Kept Meelo's changes to settlement profits.
    -It should be compatible with anything that does not change the aforementioned files.
    -If i somehow manage to learn how to mod properly i'll change the settlement ownership and FMs/Generals to 1444.
    -My game was tested using permanent watchtowers, i actually don't know if this makes a difference.

Download Links:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qlxb159ffcrkt0s/1444.rar/file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k5t...ew?usp=sharing

Here's version 0.2, map is mostly done, and i've done the bulk of the localisation (I still need to change the menu descriptions).

1444 0.2.rar

I had to make some weird decisions of what i should do with the odd factions that changed in the 200 years between campaigns. I stuck with some of Pantelis' decisions, putting the Sicilians in Rhodes as the Hospitallers, the Marinids in the place of the Almohads and the Khwarezmians as QQ. I used the proper Timurids in Persia and Jerusalem is now confined to Cyprus.

I also put the Golden Horde in the Caucasus, bordering the Cumans(yes, i know,weird),which i promptly named Steppe Hordes for them standing in for Kazan, Uzbek and Nogai.

The Principality of Moscow replaces the Kievan Rus, the Mamluks and Ottomans replace their predecessors in Egypt and Anatolia and Lithuania is now a chonky boi.

I would love some feedback if anyone is willing to share, specially concerning the utilization of Factions. Something like breaking up the HRE is unfeasible, but, some things i'm thinking about is the scrapping of Sicily, Jerusalem and maybe Lithuania. Leaving the first two being represented by rebels and having Lithuania being annexed by Poland would leave 3 faction slots that can be used to make some parts of the world more in depht, with the inclusion of tags such as the Duchy of Burgundy, Sweden, Serbia, Georgia or maybe another Almohad successor.

Next time i'll try make the Family Trees faithful to 1444, finish localization and change the GFXs, maybe dip my toes in unit models if everything goes well.

Cheers,
    -Vitor

So far I am having fun with this mod period. I have been giving Byzantium a go and like the idea of being surrounded by the Ottomans.

If I had to ask for any improvements for the campaign:

- I would personally remove Sicily and make the Kingdom of Jerusalem count as all the knightly orders throughout the Mediterranean.
    - Remove Kievan Rus as at this point they has been ruined by the Mongols. They could be the Principality of Kiev alternatively. But this also frees up a slot without them.
    - Denmark and Norway to become the Kalmar Union? Frees up a slot.
    - Turn Novgorod into Muscovy / Principality of Moscow. Though Novgorod existed I think merging the two for a more Russia theme would work well.
    - Cumans could become Crimea?
    - Timurids to be much larger and control most of Persia up to Baghdad.
    - Have the Mongols as the Golden Horde within the Steppe.

- Within Greece the League of Lezhe, and Trebizond could be rebel factions.
    - Balklands could have Serbia and Croatia regions as rebels. Same as where Moldavia lays. Ottomans control Wallachia region.
    - In Anatolia Isfendiya, Karamanids, Dulkadir, Aq Qoyunlu, Samtske, Bitlis, Hisn Kayfa and Georgia as rebels?
    - Al-Fadl, Amazzah, Shammar as rebels in the middle east.
    - Russia could be filled with many rebel Mongol / Cuman factions to represent the great horde splinters

As for possible factions by freeing up slots:

- Burgundy, Serbia or even Austria.

I noticed the Timurids are broken in the campaign however as their scripting seems to produce too many armies and get into massive debt. These armies don't do anything and become very passive.

Finally an option to have the Byzantines become Catholic would be nice, or even start as so to represent the communion. This could start a Hungarian crusade against the Ottomans to assist you (or something you may request). This could require some scripting though and culture change.
    Last edited by Bones4491; November 29, 2023 at 05:20 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast