Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Real Building Icons (RBI Mod) 23.6.2014

Default Re: RBI Mod (Real Building Icons)

New install method:

1.create in datafolder a UI Folder. In this new UI Folder paste the Modfolder (buildings and Skins)
    2.paste this in your data Folder http://www.file-upload.net/download-.../rbi.pack.html

Quote Originally Posted by 5MM5 View Post

Install support:
    Please, before install always make a backup of the original files!!!
    1.Load PFM (Pack File Manager) and the folder down
    2.PFM install, extract data and data rome second (see help PFM)
    3.geloadete Folder copy and paste it into the original UI Folder (C/programmfilesx86/steam/steamapps/common/Rome2/data/UI)

Overview Description Parameters:
    -no more numbers
    -real buildings (from the Campaigncard gescreent)

Please write clear whether what is missing / not ok...?, I'll patch it! Have fun!

Help PFM:
    After the installation open the PFM. First, it puts a tick in game, at R2TW. Well extracted using right click in the big white box on the left side the data. Extract / Extract selected. Then enter path C/Programmex86/Steam/Steamapps/common/Rome 2/data. Possibly. He is already there ...
    Then it extracts the data Rome2 to a folder you created. the contents of this folder then copied it into the newly extracted (disclosed) data direction. Paths for the extracted datas can be found quickly on the PFM at Game / Open Data Directory.
    Just as you will then insert the new folder. PFM open on game then click Open Data Directory and then paste.
    Which files should I back up first

'Then enter path C/Programmex86/Steam/Steamapps/common/Rome 2/data' Not everyone keeps steam in the (x86) folder. I take it I am extracting the file into all its sub folders and files?

What folder did I create, there is no instruction to create a folder named xxxxx

Perhaps instillation with accompanying pictures would help
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

@balbor

plz make this:

New install method:

1.create in datafolder a UI Folder. In this new UI Folder paste the Modfolders (buildings and Skins)
    2.paste this in your data Folder http://www.file-upload.net/download-.../rbi.pack.html
    Last edited by 5MM5; October 03, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

THIS MOD IS BEAUTIFUL! THANK YOU! +rep!!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

So after having tried this mod for a while, I notice that the screens used are actually quite... well, it's not easy to see the photos most of the time. It's a nice change from the games originals, but at least they show you with ease what it is you're building. Would it be possible to maybe use the original ones from rome? Or at least make new ones, but make it so it's easy to see what you're actually building? Some of them are just plain too difficult and too much chaos? Sort of? Difficult to explain. I think i'll go back to the originals until better ones show up.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

To delete this mod you must only in datafolder the "rbi.pack" delete.

cheers, trying it now
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

@balbor

mate, you must only the datafolder in your Rome2 directory paste. When you dont like the mod, you must only the rbi.pack delete in your datafolder. CIO!

Last update! A lot of new Buildingpics, no symbols more

Default Re: RBI Mod (Real Building Icons) Final 12.10.2013

Final update! You it in Screen in OP.

Looks great! Thanks for it!

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Ok, it was bugging the crap outta me so I decided to help the mod creator out by putting up some screenies of his mod in action.

Now with that said, please don't take this the wrong way because I love that you have taken the time and spent the effort to create this mod but I will have to give some constructive criticism to help you evolve this mod.

First, looking at the icons in-game you cannot tell what building you are looking at.
    • The icons are just too small. In Rome 1, there were the icons and then there were the building cards.
    • Since your mod does not have the matching icons with the building cards in the guide, I am forced to just read the info panel at the left to tell what I am seeing.
    • I am sure that matching the icon in your mod with the building pic in the guide will fix this issue

Is there a chance that you could do something like Bullgod did with his unit icons and free-hand your own building icons to make them more clear as to their purpose?
    • If that is not possible, maybe you could just take the building icons straight out of Rome 1 or any of the other mods there and port them over to Rome 2?
    • Everybody on this forum has seen the Rome 1 building cards and would easily recognize them in Rome 2. Just my opinion.
    • I think simplifying the icons would work wonders for this mod. The current icons are too "busy" for their size.

Love the concept behind this mod. Please keep up the good work and I will keep an eye on this thread for your future releases.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shrines.jpg   Construct.jpg   Port.jpg  

good job! but the many icons are same! i can`t distinguish the building`s level

Quote Originally Posted by eric_wangquan View Post
    good job! but the many icons are same! i can`t distinguish the building`s level
    sry, thats the concept. No numbers and symbols more... The overview is not good when i, example the winehouse, for every Level a new Icon create. Buildingicons in which it is important to have it! Every buildingicon is another. Same Icons(thats purpose!) have a little different Colorpoint. You must see/found this... When a building will get higher you see it on updrade Icon. The most buildings have only 1 - 2 Levels a symbolic or number is here not important. You do not need 4 different armories icons. Is not good for overview... When i a "levelnumber" create in the Icons, you see the number for the rest of the game, also when a building not can higher.

@hazbones
    my english is so bad, i take the googletranslator for your message, but i understand only the half... A little bit i can say. These pics just as you get used to the old ... It takes a little time. I do not edit the enzyclopdia... When you must read, is this better for understanding as you see numbers and Levels... When a building ready to upgrade you see it on upgrade Icon. You dont Need a extra number. Even if a number would be because you did not knew the building still has many steps. I must not doing. In the Iconsize you cant not so many Infos transport...They are to small. When a modder doing better i am a lucky men. This was enough work. This mod is finished. I hope you can read this

@legoras
    thx.

I have thought many variants. That's the best (for this mod) you can believe. sry for my english guys
    Last edited by 5MM5; October 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM.

[QUOTE=5MM5;13320505] Same Icons(thats purpose!) have a little different Colorpoint. You must see/found this... but i really cant see the different of the temple icons.......

??? every temple icon are different... You can not see the different gods and buildings??? will a temple get higher you see it on upgrade icon...
    Last edited by 5MM5; October 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM.

Worth of the download

Update! The new DLC icons integrated, new upgradeicon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast