Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to change a faction's starting diplomatic status

Default How to change a faction's starting diplomatic status

This started out as a question but I think I have figured out how to change a faction's starting status (from client state to neutral, for example).

1. Using EditSF, open up startpos.esf (make a backup before doing this).
    2. Decide which 2 factions you want to edit and then find their faction value #s by going to compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/faction_array/faction_array - #/faction. Their Array # will not match their faction number, their number is the first number listed when you click on FACTION. For example, Carthage is 3 and Libya is 85.
    3. Expand the first faction's tree and find compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/faction_array/faction_array - #/faction/diplomacy_manager/diplomacy_relationships_array. Then, find the value of the faction you want to edit the relationship with. For example, under Carthage's faction area find the diplomatic_relationships_array with value 85 for libya. Click diplomacy relationship and change client_state or protector to neutral.
    4. Do the same thing for the other faction (in this example Libya), change that factions relationship to neutral for Carthage's diplomatic array entry (value 3).
    5. Go to Libya's compressed_data/campaign_env/campaign_model/world/faction_array/faction_array - #/faction table and change the number following the word Carthage from 3 to 0.

Now, when you start a new campaign, Carthage and Libya should be neutral to one another.

I assume you can use this to make factions start as client states, etc. However, I haven't tested that aspect.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Default Re: How do you change a faction's starting diplomatic status?

Ignore this, edited above post.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Default Re: How to change a faction's starting diplomatic status

whipped this together for the faction numbers in faction_array - #/faction:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    2 rom_rome

3 rom_carthage

4 rom_iceni

5 rom_macedon

6 rom_ptolemaics

7 rom_sparta

8 rom_arverni

9 rom_athens

10 rom_epirus

11 rom_parthia

12 rom_pontus

13 rom_suebi

14 rom_athens_civil_war

15 rom_parthia_civil_war

16 rom_suebi_civil_war

17 rom_sparta_civil_war

18 rom_ptolemaics_civil_war

19 rom_pontus_civil_war

20 rom_rome_civil_war

21 rom_arverni_civil_war

22 rom_macedon_civil_war

23 rom_iceni_civil_war

24 rom_carthage_civil_war

25 rom_epirus_civil_war

26 rom_etruscan

27 rom_seleucid

28 rom_aedui

29 rom_aestii

30 rom_anartes

31 rom_aorsoi

32 rom_arachosia

33 rom_ardhan

34 rom_ardiaei

35 rom_arevaci

36 rom_aria

37 rom_armenia

38 rom_artebartes

39 rom_axum

40 rom_baktria

41 rom_bastarnae

42 rom_biephi

43 rom_bithynia

44 rom_blemmyes

45 rom_boii

46 rom_breuci

47 rom_brigantes

48 rom_budini

49 rom_caledones

50 rom_cantabri

51 rom_cappadocia

52 rom_carnutes

53 rom_catiaroi

54 rom_celtici

55 rom_cessetani

56 rom_cherusci

57 rom_cimbri

58 rom_cimmeria

59 rom_colchis

60 rom_cyprus

61 rom_cyrenaica

62 rom_dahae

63 rom_daorsi

64 rom_delmatae

65 rom_demetae

66 rom_drangiana

67 rom_dumnonii

68 rom_ebdani

69 rom_edetani

70 rom_eravisci

71 rom_frisii

72 rom_gaetuli

73 rom_galatia

74 rom_galleaci

75 rom_garamantia

76 rom_gerrhaea

77 rom_getae

78 rom_gutones

79 rom_helvetii

80 rom_himyar

81 rom_insubres

82 rom_kartli

83 rom_khorasmii

84 rom_knossos

85 rom_libya

86 rom_liguria

87 rom_lugii

88 rom_lusitani

89 rom_ma_in

90 rom_marcomanni

91 rom_masaesyli

92 rom_mascat

93 rom_massagetae

94 rom_massilia

95 rom_media

96 rom_media_atropatene

97 rom_meroe

98 rom_nabatea

99 rom_namnetes

100 rom_nasamones

101 rom_nervii

102 rom_nori

103 rom_nova_carthago

104 rom_odryssia

105 rom_parthava

106 rom_pergamon

107 rom_persia

108 rom_pictones

109 rom_qidri

110 rom_raeti

111 rom_roxolani

112 rom_rugii

113 rom_saba

114 rom_sagartia

115 rom_sardes

116 rom_scordisci

117 rom_scythia

118 rom_sequani

119 rom_siraces

120 rom_thyssagetae

121 rom_trapezos

123 rom_treverii

124 rom_turdetani

125 rom_tylis

126 rom_veneti

127 rom_vivisci

128 rom_volcae

129 rom_syracuse

130 rom_rhodos

131 rom_slave

Download: Faction numbers

I'm getting hung up on step 5 my brain is just not comprehending. Im trying to get Macedon and Epruis to be Defensive Allies and iv gotin all the way to step 5 and i cant figure it out its driving me mad cause i know its something small im not understanding. I need like a pic of what that part looks like or something.

Edit: ill love you forever if you can help me thru this
    Last edited by Regoso; October 05, 2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regoso View Post
    I'm getting hung up on step 5 my brain is just not comprehending. Im trying to get Macedon and Epruis to be Defensive Allies and iv gotin all the way to step 5 and i cant figure it out its driving me mad cause i know its something small im not understanding. I need like a pic of what that part looks like or something.

Edit: ill love you forever if you can help me thru this
    My power was out for 4 hours, really annoying. Let me check this out.

Ok, my example was for Libya and Carthage. It seems that this number is what governs what faction Libya is a client state to:

So, making that number a 0 means Libya (Faction 85) is no longer a client state of Carthage (faction 3).

However, I have no idea how to do defensive allies unfortunately. If there are any factions that start as defensive allies in vanilla, then maybe look for corresponding numbers on their faction table.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Ok, my example was for Libya and Carthage. It seems that this number is what governs what faction Libya is a client state to:

So, making that number a 0 means Libya (Faction 85) is no longer a client state of Carthage (faction 3).

However, I have no idea how to do defensive allies unfortunately. If there are any factions that start as defensive allies in vanilla, then maybe look for corresponding numbers on their faction table.
    hmmm macedon and sparta start off as defensive allies so ill look in there. i thot that was the spot so i was atleast close

Edit:
    but ya im trying to get Epirus and Macedon as D allies and a non aggression act between Epirus and Rome i want Epirus to really focus on Sparta For my Spartan mod and the other guys to stay out of the way
    Last edited by Regoso; October 05, 2013 at 10:33 PM.

This was bothering me because I couldn't find a number corresponding to defensive allies, but I just did some tests.

It looks like you don't have to edit any number values. All you have to do is edit Epirus' diplomatic table under Macedon and change neutral to defensive_allies. Then, edit Macedon's diplomatic table under Epirus to the same.

Here is an example startpos file with that change: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9...epirusally.zip

I am still not sure about the non aggression value, will have to test to see if that is possible.

By the way, I love your hardcore Sparta mod concept. Let me know however I can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This was bothering me because I couldn't find a number corresponding to defensive allies, but I just did some tests.

It looks like you don't have to edit any number values. All you have to do is edit Epirus' diplomatic table under Macedon and change neutral to defensive_allies. Then, edit Macedon's diplomatic table under Epirus to the same.

Here is an example startpos file with that change: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a9...epirusally.zip

I am still not sure about the non aggression value, will have to test to see if that is possible.

By the way, I love your hardcore Sparta mod concept. Let me know however I can help!
    Thank you i couldn't find one either and was in despair. If push comes to shove i can do the same with Epirus and Rome altho id hate to resort to that as it feels icky and not very authentic.

also is that the beta patch 4 or patch 3 startpos

i will defiantly PM you about my spartan Mod and stuff that i really need help on.

That is a patch 4 startpos.

I changed in persia array 27 to 0 (no vassal of seleucid) but in game, on diplomacy screen when i pick persia game crushed (play for parthia)

sorry for my english

Its ok now. Array and id numbers fully mixed. I find seleucid id 27 under array 114)

You have to change the entry under the corresponding diplomatic manager array as well.

Hi , Can this work on save_games too ?

I points to my save_game and I got this :

I was playing as Carthage so it is 3 right ?

And I got the whole world at war which i think its a bug , I can't really fight 35 factions at one time , anyway

I want to edit the relationship between me and some other factions , but as the image , it shows "neutral" with Carthage which is array 3

Is this only works for startpos ?

The DIPLOMACY RELATIONSHIP ARRAY # is not the number you want. Instead, scroll down through each ARRAY and look at the value. For example, under Parthia (faction 5) Carthage's ARRAY is actually ARRAY 106. You can see that when you click on it, the value will be 3 in the table.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

@Dresden Thanks !
    But if its like what u said , how can I know what array carthage would be ?
    Do I have to open each array in each faction ?

Thanks !
    ill test it once i got home

For Diplomatic arrays, the value is actually shown when you click on them before you even expand them. So you can hit the down arrow and quickly scroll through them to find 3.

Carthage might be ARRAY 106 or around that for every faction, though. I am not sure.

@ Dresden

I got it worked !
    Thanks !

Nice tutorial Dresden! I am really enjoying all your mods, thank you fo your efforts, they really add something to the game!

I saw you are releasing a number of confederations mods, can you make a tutorial on how to create them?

Yes, check the "How do I change a faction's starting provinces?" thread, I think it is in miscellaneous. Warning, it is a pain in the rear.

Although, if you are just going to do it for 1 faction for yourself, you can use the first part to make your save game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast