Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modding Q&A's

Default Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    Hmm does nobody has an answer on that?
    You could take a look at this mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...htext=ai+agent

It sets the AI's budget to use on agent actions to zero.

PFM 3.1.8 Can no longer edit the stats of the units in the game?
    For example, I increased slightly the strength of Spartan troops, but I see now I can not edit the statistics.

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

I cant see a guide anywhere on making custom unit cards. any help? Im using assembly kit

Ok I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxiK7ia7Rho
    might not have to use PFM either if I paste into my working data folder correctly

hi, all
    great thread here

i just need to ask something
    There is a "greek_minor" ownership slot for presumably all non-great greek factions such as Sparta or non-already coded ones (such as Massalia e.g.)
    Could someone please explain which factions are supposedly included under such "grouping" regarding the campaign recruitment?

Any help would be much appreciated

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

re: custom unit cards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYtLBsyisE

re: factions to military groupings - check the factions table

How on earth do I get horses to work??? I can get custom officers in the game. But my attempts to bring in a new horse always results in a crash.

I've made the variant mesh definition for it but I'm not sure what tables you are supposed to edit and how to edit them. I've tried the mounts and mount_variants tables. Just crashes the game.

Also be great if someone knew how to make an auxiliary unit recruitable in the Corsica et Sardinia province. Can't figure that out either.

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

How does one scale the mounts? (like you would do in unit_varients_tables)?

Don't know if I'm posting this in the correct thread, but I'll give it a shot:

I can't for some reason which I fail to find out make any of my latest mods work. This has been happening since the patch 12 beta.

Here's a link to the mod in question, if any kind person would have the time and would be willing to take a look at it and hopefully make out why it can't load.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b4...ican+test.pack

Update: Released that I had forgotten to rename the categories inside it.
    Last edited by Le_Swede; April 28, 2014 at 11:44 AM.

I'm just posting to ask about in-battle .lua scripting. Specifically, not historical battles, but just scripts that'll run in ALL battles. I'm asking because I'm wondering how DeI manages to have abilities for fatigue which are always forced on. It seems logical to me that it must be done in some sort of script because it'd make no sense for CA to code that behaviour in themselves - that's what they've got attributes for. If not, please explain how!

I tried looking inside DeI's pack files but all the scripting stuff seemed to be limited to the campaign map, and although I found various locations that the fatigue abilities were mentioned, I didn't see how they managed to be forced on. All the battle scripting documentation I could find online was several games old and for historical battles, as far as I could tell.

Thanks for reading.

Heya, me again and this time I'm having a new problem which I've never come across before. I've yet again made some new units that I'm testing out and this time the game crashes to desktop in the loading screen when I've started a custom battle. Does somebody know what is the cause of this?

Q: Is it possible to add building slots to settlements and cities?
    Basically adding infinite building slots would be cool, so next would require 18 pop, 36 pop, 72 pop and so on.
    This would add for a more fun endgame, and the sanitation buildings would be more useful.

Also a new question: Can I add new technologies, this would also make for a better endgame.

I made a thread about this in DB Editing and Scripting but this may be a better place for it. I'm trying to make a new building effect that adds recruitment levels to armies. It's basically a cheat mod for my own fun while I learn how to make more meaningful mods. I've made an edit so that all my generals are recruited at level 9 (seems impossible to make them start at level 10, no matter what value I put in).
    This is under effect_bonus_value_agent_junction
    Effect Bonus_value id Agent

rom_building_recruitment_agent_level_all recruitment_level champion
    rom_building_recruitment_agent_level_all recruitment_level dignitary
    rom_building_recruitment_agent_level_all recruitment_level spy
    rom_building_recruitment_agent_level_all recruitment_level general

Which means that any building with that effect will now also grant whatever value it's set to to the general, which is fine. I'd rather it be a unique key but I'm guessing there are other dependencies as when I try to make a unique key there the game won't load.I can't find the table that governs traditions and army experience. Has anyone done this before?

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

To use a unique key for the effect you need to define it in the effects_tables. _junction tables are always for creating linkages only, everything contained within them has to be defined elsewhere (eg. effect in the effects table, bonus_value in the campaign_bonus_value_ids_agent table, agent in the agents table)

Traditions are part of the character_skills tables
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    To use a unique key for the effect you need to define it in the effects_tables. _junction tables are always for creating linkages only, everything contained within them has to be defined elsewhere (eg. effect in the effects table, bonus_value in the campaign_bonus_value_ids_agent table, agent in the agents table)

Traditions are part of the character_skills tables
    Thanks! I'll go play around and see what crazy things I can make my army guys do. Speaking of which, I have a new problem. One of the units I've made vanishes when the camera is zoomed away more than a little bit. The shadows, flags and markers are there but nothing else. They look fine up close and the animations work perfectly. I guess there's a problem with the variant? Or a variant I use a custom horse for it too.

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="hair" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\skin/barb_headhands_beardless.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="beard" />
    <SLOT name="prop_1" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\arm_armour/saka_cataphract_arm_armour_01.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="prop_2" />
    <SLOT name="helmets" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\helmets/corinthian_helmet.rigid_model_v2" mask0="1" mask1="0" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="tunics" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\armour/dacian_scale_cuirass_02.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks" />
    <SLOT name="trousers" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\leg/cataphract_chain_leg.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="shield" attach_point="weapon_03" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\shield/hellenic_silver_hoplon.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_1" attach_point="weapon_01" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\man\weapons/celtic_shortspear_01.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_2" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_3" />
    <SLOT name="weapon_4" />
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="bodyparts" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\horse\bodyparts/default_horse_b.rigid_model_v2" >
    <SLOT name="bridle" />
    <SLOT name="saddle" />
    <SLOT name="reins" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\horse\saddles/reins.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="armour" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="variantmeshes\_variantmodels\horse\armour/01_horse_armor_lod1.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

you need to add imposters (usually skin or armour is enough). e.g <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/tunics/italian_tunic1_cut.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/tunics/e3_tunic.rigid_model_v2" >

Quote Originally Posted by GuyD View Post
    you need to add imposters (usually skin or armour is enough). e.g <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/tunics/italian_tunic1_cut.rigid_model_v2" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/tunics/e3_tunic.rigid_model_v2" >
    I'm not I'm entirely sure how to do this. Do I just add the line using PFM or using the variant editor?

you can add it manually in pfm
    Using the variant editor, you have to select individual models and click the imposter button in the lower-left part of the screen. Then you must select the imposter model from the working_data folder

Regarding Tech Tree...does anyone know if the military & civil sections can be researched at same time rather than 1 at a time
    (eg.research supply reforms and land management simultaneously)...is this at all possible to mod.

It just seems odd that while you may be researching something in military....the civil brainstorming comes to a halt until military is completed.
    Unless of course you decide to research another military idea.
    Last edited by Kirra; August 26, 2014 at 09:31 PM.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm looking to create unique building. Can someone help me with that or show me tutorial/mod that do that ?

What basically I want to make is simple.

Make Jerusalem (and maybe for other minor settlement have walls). I know how to make all have walls but not selected few only which I think may need suctom bulding tree.

Another thing is to make (if possible) a single building indestructible having different culture that the rest of the region. I'm planning to make Judea all buildings have hellenictic bonuses/influence etc but have that single temple have eastern bonuses/influences.

Can anyone help me ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast