Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modding Q&A's

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    Is nothing of that possible right now?
    1) not possible else it would have been done long ago.
    2) table: startpos_past_events
    3) minor_settlement_field_battle_percent in campaign_variables I believe. However this only forces the AI, player has to select sally out.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtkatharn View Post
    thanks for the help again crzyrndm I've given you a thanks on the mod
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=edicts
    Not a problem
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

@ carthago

1) may be possible in naval_units_tables. untick the boarding box and see if that works

2) you need to edit the past diplomatic events to change starting relations. or you can reduce or increase cultural effects

3) Yes there is a value somewhere which defines the % of those battles fought in the city or in a field, set to 100% and bingo bango

Thank you very much, both of you

I implemented that in my personal mod compilation. Then I wanted to try, and I don't know why the whole mod doesn't work (Although I checked it in the Mod Manager). Can maybe someone take a look on it and tell me what I might have made wrong?
    Here a screen of the structure (including the DuB Mod and HD Water Mod, just a few edits by me); .pack-file is attached aswell.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey guys, I have tried searching but haven't found anything so I figured I would ask here. Is there any way to remove the spot light from units during night battles?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

question - Has anybody found out where and how exactly are CiG units defined? i was looking for unit costs, but they are not in main unit table, yet when i checked unit stats in game, units had the stats i gave them in land_units table.. It looks like they are somehow linked with these entries, just cant figure it how.. any idea?

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

They're in main_units, prefix CiG
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

lol, you are right.. i was looking at incorrect column... damn, land_unit column and there is unit column...

Hey there,
    I know that this isn't the right place to ask. But I never get an answer if I ask at the right place.
    So perhaps you can help me.

I want to add a new officer. I mean the one which every unit on the battlefield has.
    I only found one db table for the officers. It is called land_units_officers_tables .
    I added my new officer there, created a new variantmeshdefinition for him and integrated it, too.
    Also I added an entry in the db table variants_tables and I assigned my new officer to a unit.

But everytime I start Rome2 it crashes. So I think I forgot a db table.
    Does anyone know the missing db table?

Greetings
    Roemerboy
    That's my own mod: PontusNewUnits

You need also add your new officer into battle_personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    You need also add your new officer into battle_personalities.
    Thanks very much.
    But which animation do I have to use? (my new officer has a sword and a sheild, but no horse)
    There is only a sword and shield cavalry animation.

Use rome_man_sword_shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    Use rome_man_sword_shield.
    Ah ok thanks.
    It is good to know that I can use the same animations like in land_units .

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

I has again same situation. I plunder a town. My army still in the red zone and I can't leave any more.

Where I can find the red zone around the towns please?
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Is there a mod that forces the AI to accept peace always?
    And if not, which db files and which values in there do I have to edit to make such a mod?

Is there a way to create custom traits with custom effects for generals in Napoleon Total War. Basically I want to create a british equivalent of General of the Grande Armee trait. Specifically the replenishment rate modifier, can't find another trait that has this modifier.

Default Re: Some Questions..

Quote Originally Posted by Actus Reus View Post

The data/ui/units/icons/& or masks, is where the unit card .png's are stored yes...
    How can I get my custom unit cards into that location so that I may open them in PFM and actually create a path and link it to my mod pack? I have mixed and matched a few vanilla cards in gimp to create some new cards, but I can't seem to connect them properly to my pack

anybody figured out what tracking_treshold means in battle entities?

sgtkatharn's Avatar Foederatus

I have another question in relation to my edicts mod I am trying to find where to change the properties for the edict button frame and its behaviour

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

How do I make certain textures completely invisible (i.e. transparent)?

I made a mod that applies the James skin to one of the Greek generals. I am trying to make his armor and tunic textures completely invisible. I managed to do the armor but I can't figure out the tunic (at least I think it's the tunic).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=224549876

^^ There are screenshots there that can kind of show the problem. Some of his old textures are clipping through the new variantmesh I put on.

Hello all im a noob here and im trying to make a unit. I was following the video but I have the red land units. I downloaded the schema 42zip and i just need to know what to do with it. Thanks

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast