Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Modding Q&A's

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

I would like to know that too, plus renaming towns. Also can factions be spawned sd they were in Empire I believe? I'm thinking perhaps Hasmoneans and Kommagne and othet such petty kingdoms formed in the wake of waning Seleukid power.

Is it necessary to use the entire vanilla file whenever I want to edit units? For example: if I want to change Suebi Wodanaz Spears into a cavalry unit, I have to extract all relevant files with all their data intact, edit the Wodanaz Spears' stats and meshes, and repackage the whole thing?

I can't just create another land_units_table that only contains new values for Wodanaz Spears and have that overwrite the corresponding line in the vanilla table?

toasterwarrior: You can include just the row you want to change and call the table my_land_units. Then your row overwrites the one in the vanilla land_units table.

Answer:
    Where to change the faction names?

English: local_en_rome2.pack

text\db\factions.loc

factions_screen_name_*

All other languages: local_*_rome2.pack

text\localisation.loc

factions_screen_name_*

Answer: Where to find the "cap" of armies, navies, agents and edicts?

The "caps" can be edited in this table: fame_levels

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, however I want to edit my save game to have two armies without movement points to be able to move again. I have been fiddling around with EditSF, but I haven't found out what I have to edit. Does somebody else know?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Hi Guys,

I would like to know how to modify the rate of fire from towers downwards?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    I would like to know how to modify the rate of fire from towers downwards?
    projectiles_tables: arrow_tower, arrow_tower_upgraded, and bolt_tower are the three used by wall emplacements. Scroll across to base reload time (in seconds) column and increase the values in those rows
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Can new factions be created? Or existing ones cloned and renamed? As part of same question, sort of, can you start a campaign with civil war already in effect?
    To use the example I would like to do the Seleukid usurper Alexander Balas against Demetrios I .
    Thank you
    Χαίρε

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    projectiles_tables: arrow_tower, arrow_tower_upgraded, and bolt_tower are the three used by wall emplacements. Scroll across to base reload time (in seconds) column and increase the values in those rows
    cryrndm

Thanks, so much, I have had a look, cannot find, where is the file located?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    cryrndm

Thanks, so much, I have had a look, cannot find, where is the file located?
    Open data_rome2.pack with PFM, db->projectiles_tables
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Question:

How do I make it so that a building can only be constructed in the capital region?

The "only_in_capital" bool in the building_levels DB crashes the game when used.

I'm trying to make a building like the Monument of Leonidas Sparta get at the end of their barrack chain at level 5. I think I might have read somewhere that the fact the building is level 5 is the thing that makes it only buildable in the Capital, but I want it to be constructable as the first in a chain, and be the only building in said chain, so level 0 in the DB.

Any help?

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

How can I update my mods (they change variantmeshes and db) to patch 8? Apparently they aren't compatible somehow. I tried making changes to them and they don't show up... someone posted that they are not compatible with patch 8 but I have no clue what I have to do to fix them.

Here they are if you want to take a look.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=190487888

sgtkatharn's Avatar Foederatus

Does anyone know what the location of the tables for the edict effects as I would like to create some more edicts for my higher edict mod

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Question:

How do I make it so that a building can only be constructed in the capital region?

The "only_in_capital" bool in the building_levels DB crashes the game when used.

I'm trying to make a building like the Monument of Leonidas Sparta get at the end of their barrack chain at level 5. I think I might have read somewhere that the fact the building is level 5 is the thing that makes it only buildable in the Capital, but I want it to be constructable as the first in a chain, and be the only building in said chain, so level 0 in the DB.

Any help?
    Set by the structures superchain via. slot_template_to_building_superchain (table assigns which slots are eligible locations).

rom_minor_secondary = generic minor settlement building
    rom_major_secondary = generic major settlement building

I added all the neccesary steps to my buildings guide for creating everything from the ground up last week or so (although it's still a little broken up. I need to write a complete nothing to everything tutorial sometime)
    Last edited by crzyrndm; December 21, 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Sorry, I mean the Capitol of a faction, not of a region (Is that even possible, I read somewhere that the Leonidas monument can only be built in Sparta's capitol). My building is already set to only be built in the main city of a region.

I want to have a building that can only be built in Rome.

I don't think its possible if the tickbox is causing crashes, and theres one good reason that theory doesn't work: Sparta's capital is a minor settlement, while MoL requires a major settlement

You can make it unique to a faction, but thats about it I think.

How can I delete boarding by transports?

Ah and further, how can I change the diplomatic relationship between two factions (and I don't mean being neutral or at war, but the exact value at the beginning of a campaign?)

Oh and another one : Is it possible to force the defender of small settlement regions to defend attackers always on the field and not in these idiotic villages?
    Last edited by Carthago; December 21, 2013 at 07:10 AM.

I have a couple of questions
    Has anyone found where to change the recruitment slot number for generals/admirals as I want to add a recruitment slot to them as a effect of an edict?
    Also the new edict names are not showing up under the tool tip is their another table for this apart from these province_initiative_records, province_initiative_to_subculture_junctions, effect_bundles, and effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions?
    My last question is in relation to public order modifiers for armies in a province, I'm wanting to have armies give a higher public order bonus for each army in the province. I have it half working using these keys rom_general_local_mod_repression => this_force_local_province and start_turn_completed advancement_stage but it stays in effect even when there are no armies in the province and I am also only getting one bonus not one for each army

Quote Originally Posted by sgtkatharn View Post
    I have a couple of questions
    Has anyone found where to change the recruitment slot number for generals/admirals as I want to add a recruitment slot to them as a effect of an edict?
    Also the new edict names are not showing up under the tool tip is their another table for this apart from these province_initiative_records, province_initiative_to_subculture_junctions, effect_bundles, and effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions?
    My last question is in relation to public order modifiers for armies in a province, I'm wanting to have armies give a higher public order bonus for each army in the province. I have it half working using these keys rom_general_local_mod_repression => this_force_local_province and start_turn_completed advancement_stage but it stays in effect even when there are no armies in the province and I am also only getting one bonus not one for each army
    You can find a recruitment slot example in building_effects for rom_<CULTURE>_major_city_4 I think it is. Something like region recruitment points.

Name is probably in a .loc file somewhere. Local_en2.pack (if english locale) -> text -> db, see if you can find anything familiar, if not, same place in local_en.pack. Usually the file name is the same as one of the db files (most likely, province_initiative_records.loc)

I'm not sure on the last one, but I don't think you can make the same effect stack. Normally things overwrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    How can I delete boarding by transports?

Ah and further, how can I change the diplomatic relationship between two factions (and I don't mean being neutral or at war, but the exact value at the beginning of a campaign?)

Oh and another one : Is it possible to force the defender of small settlement regions to defend attackers always on the field and not in these idiotic villages?
    Is nothing of that possible right now?

thanks for the help again crzyrndm I've given you a thanks on the mod
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=edicts

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast