Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Modding Q&A's

Default Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I'm looking to create unique building. Can someone help me with that or show me tutorial/mod that do that ?

What basically I want to make is simple.

Make Jerusalem (and maybe for other minor settlement have walls). I know how to make all have walls but not selected few only which I think may need suctom bulding tree.

Another thing is to make (if possible) a single building indestructible having different culture that the rest of the region. I'm planning to make Judea all buildings have hellenictic bonuses/influence etc but have that single temple have eastern bonuses/influences.

Can anyone help me ?
    This is a pretty good tutorial for PFM. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uilding-System

I have a question about start_pos. Can I use PFM to edit it? Change general stats, starting army composition and the make up of towns?

Hi, I'm new on the forum, and to modding. I've watched/read some tutorials but don't have much experience yet, so please excuse any "dumb" questions.

I wonder if there is a way to add new cities/regions to the campaign map? I would like to add one or two in Sweden and/or Norway if possible.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JNC View Post
    This is a pretty good tutorial for PFM. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uilding-System

I have a question about start_pos. Can I use PFM to edit it? Change general stats, starting army composition and the make up of towns?
    PFM ? Yes, but it's much more easier to use Assembly Kit.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by mr2_kasper View Post
    Hi, I'm new on the forum, and to modding. I've watched/read some tutorials but don't have much experience yet, so please excuse any "dumb" questions.

I wonder if there is a way to add new cities/regions to the campaign map? I would like to add one or two in Sweden and/or Norway if possible.
    So far, no. Currently an official map editor only came with Shogun 2's assembly kit. There could be one for Rome II thought it could be much much later.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    PFM ? Yes, but it's much more easier to use Assembly Kit.
    Its also more restrictive using Assembly Kit. A combination of both is necessary depending on what you want to do.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Its also more restrictive using Assembly Kit. A combination of both is necessary depending on what you want to do.
    Have you been able to add new names and add new AOR using the assembly kit ?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Can anyone shows me how to add custom victory condition ? I tried doing it with AK but it didn't work.

The Alcotroll's Avatar Campidoctor
    The People's Democratic Republic of Lancashire.

Has anyone else found that the newest patch version of the game doesn't like Assembly kit? I've created a new mod.pack for the current version of the game, but it crashes at start-up when I try to load it. I've been using the Assembly Kit for a while now and this normally only happens when I'm trying to load a mod that conflicts the game.

It's definitely the newly made, post-patch mod pack that's causing the crash- the game loads fine without it. I've also checked through my changes and can't find anything that might cause a conflict- it's mainly simple changes to unit sizes and minor model tweaks in any case.

Laetus

Can someone tell me how add units desc from english mod to translated version rome2? Some kind of personal UPC to some undone units.

Sorry for english but i have some sleep problem from few days..

Icon5 Re: Modding Q&A's (General)

Hi, I have no experience modding Rome 2, but have some experience with medieval and empire. I was wondering if it was feasible to make a mod that introduces a horde mechanic into Rome 2(I wanted to do this because I don't have Attila), I thought about using the traits for your general, but making them the parts of the horde's camp. I wasn't sure what thread this should go in so if there is a better place to ask me please let me know. If anyone has any advice please respond, and feel free to use this idea if you want to.

Sorry, I meant to say army traditions not traits.

Default Re: Modding Q&A's

i dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but i have recently been trying to add modded units to the possible generals bodyguard for different factions, its been rather simple followed a few guides and went in recruited the units and to my horror found that none of the modded units receive bonuses from zeal, i am assuming/hoping that there is a simple file or something that has a list of general units that get the bonus so that i can add the units to it.

anyway if anyone know what i am doing wrong/ not doing plz help me, i have downloaded a few unit mods and tried adding them to the roster but they have the same issue.

After Rome II Launcher update my Assembly Kit refuse to create any Starpos file!
    It creates empty folder: assembly_kit\working_data\campaigns\main_rome
    Someone else got this problem?

How can I edit the diplomatic personalities factions have? For starters I'd like to edit them in an existing mod.

Hi there, i try to edit settlements owner ship but it crashed when BOB ran the Rome 2 splash screen to compile the startpos. Anyone know how do i fix this?

are there any guides on how to make emergent factions like the rebel factions that spawn in rome 2?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678