Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION 4.5 * (UPDATED: 17/09/2014) * Currently BUGGED *

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION 2.2 * (UPDATED: 20/10/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Thanks for the credit in your OP mate!

I agree with you about not wanting to use Praetorians, but it's impossible to avoid the love for them. In this case, do you think it's possible to redo general's bodyguards as Praetorians (For Marian Legions)? You could chose between mounted and foot (Equites et Pedites). I think this would solve the problem nicely. Then the Imperial legions can have access to the Later Praetorian cohorts, as that's more accurate.

Also, you could make an Urban Cohort, but expressly only as a garrison unit for high end (provincial capital) cities.

Loving your attention to details like faces on auxillia.
    I'm not familiar with how that works yet, right now I don't know how to assign a different unit to the Generals during different time periods.
    I assume I'd have to replace, vet. legionaries/general's bodyguard with marian praetorians/praetorian cav, same with the later period, but
    unfortunately I don't know how to, and at this moment in time I really want to play the game instead of another run of heavy modding.

I assume this would be an easy change if the tables allow it. Regarding the Urban Cohort, I think that would require me to create a new unit,
    which will require even more energy. So you could try doing it yourself. Sorry Thomas, but I don't have the energy to get into that area at
    the moment, tables give me brain pain

Thanks for the compliment on the Auxilias

Quote Originally Posted by zeddtakashi View Post
    Been trying to use the rome 2 mod manager for your mod and athalwulfs natural dye, but if yours is on natural dye doesnt work. Sorry im new at all this, what would you recommend Octavian?
    I've requested Wulf's permission to integrate his data into mine (with exception of Roman and Etruscan colours) so there would be no issues.
    His colours are great and I agree with them 100% (very realistic) so it'd be great to get the data in here so we can see Romans not fighting
    neon coloured soldiers lol.

But, actually the two mods should work, because those two tables don't conflict, or maybe they do as we both have changed Roman colours,
    hence with no load order in the MOD manager, there would be an issue. I'm not sure, but anyways, hopefully he will give me permission, and I
    can release V.2.3 with Prometheus's height data back in and the great colours for other factions integrated, for an all-round great experience.

Jopel's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Are you talking about a General or the General's Legatus unit? The General's should not be wearing Squamata, this must be
    coming from somewhere else, the Legatus Cavalrymen though all wear a form of Squamata Outfit.

I don't see how an AI or Camera mod would be conflicting with this one. Anyone else have any ideas?

Hi Octavian I'm indeed talking about the General alone, it's really weird. I will reinstal the game (again)
    I guess to see if it persists. Still thanks for your time mate
    Last edited by Jopel; October 21, 2013 at 02:17 AM.
    www.yeshua-saves.nl

Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | 2x (CF) Asus R9 290-DC2OC |
    8GB Mushkin Blackline 2000MHz | Samsung SSD 840 Pro 265GB | Seagate SSHD 500GB |
    Corsair AX860i | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Asus PB278Q 27" 2560x1440 |
    I believe in Jesus Christ our Saviour. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it,
    then copy and paste this in your signature

Thanks loads, i really cant stand those bright colours, especially certain eastern factions, when STIM mod is running for patch 5, and i have your romans with athalwulfs natural dye for the rest im gonna finally start my proper campaign and sing your praises haha.

Hi.

Very nice mod. Buy I have all patterns on Roman shield the same. What is wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by NiKuTa View Post
    Hi.

Very nice mod. Buy I have all patterns on Roman shield the same. What is wrong ?
    Can you post a screenshot please or describe the pattern. Is it the same pattern on all of the shields (polybian, marian and imperial)?

Are you using any other mods?

I like your mod very much great mod. Thank you.Can you make shield colours of hastati dark brown or brown? It should look nice in my opinion.

Scene from Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire
    Last edited by Nesai; October 21, 2013 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesai View Post
    I like your mod very much great mod. Thank you.Can you make shield colours of hastati dark brown or brown? It should look nice in my opinion.

Scene from Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire
    Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sorry I can't do this request. One it is too specific. Two, if I change the base colour to brown; One, that would cause everyone else's shields
    and clothing to change colour. Two, the other option of creating a base colour using the DDS file does not work at the moment as the texture
    "Sheet" does not cover the whole shield.

Hope that makes sense

How the do i use the mod manager... i have your mod and Radious Economy and Research Mod ticked in and i press Launch, ten i get the Rome II lacuncher up and on that one i press play, but the mods are not working, what am i doing wrong? i have tried them separatey and the is not the problem :/

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

You don't need the mod manager, the launcher has it's own now
    right under friends there is the button for the launcher just check the white box for every mod

just need put the right centurion crest(like RM texture)and this is very nice mod

Quote Originally Posted by andreaperrino11 View Post
    just need put the right centurion crest(like RM texture)and this is very nice mod
    Artstudio's crest is a nice try (I know exactly how he re-textured the Greek crest), but still not good enough (in my opinion).
    The crest is way too big and still does not suit the Roman Coolus. I'm sure that not all the hundreds or thousands of Centurions
    back in the day wore side crests, so I'm happy to use the forward lined one as a placeholder till I can either edit the mesh or
    CA releases Roman side crests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    How the do i use the mod manager... i have your mod and Radious Economy and Research Mod ticked in and i press Launch, ten i get the Rome II lacuncher up and on that one i press play, but the mods are not working, what am i doing wrong? i have tried them separatey and the is not the problem :/
    Which Mod Manager are you using? Franky235's advice is sound

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Really nice job on these skins. This has become my new favorite Roman skin pack.

does the new shields affect the garrison units by any chance? the vanilla vigiles and plebs looked off when put in tandem with your amazing mod

only optio use the forward lined crest,but anywhere very good work!i like this mod

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Octavian I have noticed one of the early Roman generals is not showing on campaign map correctly? He has invisible Torso, I guess there is a typo or problem with the variantdefinition txt file?

Sorry I got no screen of the unit but it is a general that uses chest plate.
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; October 22, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Octavian I have noticed one of the early Roman generals is not showing on campaign map correctly? He has invisible Torso, I guess there is a typo or problem with the variantdefinition txt file?

Sorry I got no screen of the unit but it is a general that uses chest plate.
    Yea it's a typo of "Ciurass" instead of "Cuirass" in iirc 4 General's definitions (someone posted exactly which, a couple pages back).

I didn't bother fixing it as I was on the verge of updating to V.2.0, and thought the old Breastplates were obsolete. Hope your
    compilation is going smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Really nice job on these skins. This has become my new favorite Roman skin pack.
    Thanks for the compliment, I hope you enjoy your battles more now

Quote Originally Posted by yapxingguan View Post
    does the new shields affect the garrison units by any chance? the vanilla vigiles and plebs looked off when put in tandem with your amazing mod
    You bring up a good point and I will need to update the Vigile's shields (I don't remember doing them at all). Plebs don't use shields though do they?
    And thanks for the compliment

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

hi octavian, great mod, but i have a problem though. it doesnt work at all, this has been since the 5 patch. i used before other mods, like overhauls and reskin ones intead of yours, but none of those even work. any ideas?
    LOS PIOJOS
    TODO LO DEMAS NO ES NADA

ROCK NACIONAL