Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION 4.5 * (UPDATED: 17/09/2014) * Currently BUGGED *

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION II * (UPDATED: 15/10/2013)

Great mod, thank you very much for adding the roman generals as a separate download mod!
    I was wondering when u have time if u can change the color on generals armor stripes from white to brown to make it look like they wear leather armor instead. In all the movies (Gladiator, Spartacus etc) and CA's art pics all generals wear leather armor stripes with brass or leather breastplate. I realize it may not be historical accurate but it would give them a more HBO look. That is of course if u don't prefer the white instead.

I know its not a big change but i'm a noob with photoshop and can't change it myself.

Thanks again for a great mod and for giving me the opportunity to modify all generals without messing with the original models pack. I already gave all generals helmets, capes (btw great find with scipio's helmet) and armors from your mod as well as helmets and armors from a few other mods. Its a pain to modify all generals but at least i have it in a separate mod now!

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment, Generals link is up. Though just out of curiosity, why do you want just the Generals? What other Roman re-skin mod are you using?

I use Noif textures mod. I prefer to use non-cloak praetorian skin and it conflict with your texture.

may i ask if you have fixed this issue with Radious Unit Mods......for example this new Veteran Spartan unit seems to use a Roman Breastplate as their model and so it turn out that all of them are wearing the version 1 white Breastplate or Leatherplate or whatever you call it,i.e. they all turned to look like wearing Roman General's gear. (This is in Version 1)

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    may i ask if you have fixed this issue with Radious Unit Mods......for example this new Veteran Spartan unit seems to use a Roman Breastplate as their model and so it turn out that all of them are wearing the version 1 white Breastplate or Leatherplate or whatever you call it,i.e. they all turned to look like wearing Roman General's gear. (This is in Version 1)
    Yep this is fixed. My Generals use "unique" models/textures, so no other units will look like them

EDIT: This is fixed in V2, but I haven't and don't think will edit V1.
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 17, 2013 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonStar View Post
    Great mod, thank you very much for adding the roman generals as a separate download mod!
    I was wondering when u have time if u can change the color on generals armor stripes from white to brown to make it look like they wear leather armor instead. In all the movies (Gladiator, Spartacus etc) and CA's art pics all generals wear leather armor stripes with brass or leather breastplate. I realize it may not be historical accurate but it would give them a more HBO look. That is of course if u don't prefer the white instead.

I know its not a big change but i'm a noob with photoshop and can't change it myself.

Thanks again for a great mod and for giving me the opportunity to modify all generals without messing with the original models pack. I already gave all generals helmets, capes (btw great find with scipio's helmet) and armors from your mod as well as helmets and armors from a few other mods. Its a pain to modify all generals but at least i have it in a separate mod now!
    I'm not sure what you're requesting. Are you talking about the straps that hold the Breastplate together or the strips of leather with the fancy gold hair over the shoulders?
    If it's the one over the shoulders it is white leather, like the Greek Linothorax. I designed it that way so there is contrast between the parts of the outfit.

I'll release new General sets in the future, and I'll take your idea into consideration, maybe post a picture of your favourite screen General and I'll get inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianon View Post
    Amazing work as usual.

However, I can't see some crests in the generals' helmets. Is this normal?

I hope that in the future, the centurions have those fabulous side crests.
    Thank you for the kind words

Can you be more specific, are you using the Full pack or just Generals?
    If you have time post a screenshot of the issue so it'll be easier for me to find and
    fix it.

I'm not sure what you're requesting. Are you talking about the straps that hold the Breastplate together or the strips of leather with the fancy gold hair over the shoulders?
    If it's the one over the shoulders it is white leather, like the Greek Linothorax. I designed it that way so there is contrast between the parts of the outfit.

I'll release new General sets in the future, and I'll take your idea into consideration, maybe post a picture of your favourite screen General and I'll get inspired
    Yes, i was talking about the white strips of leather over the shoulders and those beneath the breastplate. You are right about the contrast between the parts of the outfit but for me it just doesn't feel so "real" in terms of how a general looked on the battlefield. I'll try post some pictures but most that i found are from Spartacus and HBO Rome series.

Sorry for posting so many pictures

Damn, i forgot to add spoilers and now i can't seem to be able to edit my post...my apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by MonStar View Post
    Damn, i forgot to add spoilers and now i can't seem to be able to edit my post...my apologies!
    Looks good, I will do it for the next General outfit

Also guys, I need your help for something.

I'm planning to create more interesting shield patterns for the Polybian units (while I wait for
    patch 5) and need accurate source materials. Things I'm planning to do and need feedback:

There's no info on whether all the shields were of a uniform red colour so I was thinking either
    mix them up Red/Blue/Green, or give the tiers a colour, i.e. Hastati = Red, Principes = Blue and
    Triarii = Green as an example.

Good sources for what kind of patterns. So far I read that Totemic Animals were common (i.e
    Wolves, Boars, any others?). What else? I found some images of equite round shields and soldier
    shields with the green wreath, is this accurate or appealing to any of you?

Quick give me some inspiration before Patch 5 comes out!

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

I'd say leave the shields more uniform for the higher tier units, ie principes and triarii. Then have the hastati using more varied shields, I guess to simulate that their gear is a bit more "improvised"?. That's just from a preference point of view for me at least.

It looked around though and found images of it actually being the other way around (go figure, lol). So basically the hastati and principes had their normal red paint shields, while the triarii had both red, white/tan and blue. Here's the image I found of it.

Besides that all I could really find was that pretty much all polybian units had a mix of tan and red as far as shields go. The only blue I found for them was some of their tunics.

Then again I just googled all of this, so if someone actually knows, they'd probably have something more constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    I'd say leave the shields more uniform for the higher tier units, ie principes and triarii. Then have the hastati using more varied shields, I guess to simulate that their gear is a bit more "improvised"?. That's just from a preference point of view for me at least.

It looked around though and found images of it actually being the other way around (go figure, lol). So basically the hastati and principes had their normal red paint shields, while the triarii had both red, white/tan and blue. Here's the image I found of it.

Besides that all I could really find was that pretty much all polybian units had a mix of tan and red as far as shields go. The only blue I found for them was some of their tunics.

Then again I just googled all of this, so if someone actually knows, they'd probably have something more constructive.
    Thanks Max

I want to avoid wings or thunderbolts, I read somewhere that that only really started during the Marian Reforms onwards.
    I got a couple I've just completed, and testing them out now, will post screenshots soon to get some feedback.

Octavia - You should use FRAPS or Action! to take screenshots. I'd definitely replace what you have posted, because the screeenies look terrible compared to the great work you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by jpinard View Post
    Octavia - You should use FRAPS or Action! to take screenshots. I'd definitely replace what you have posted, because the screeenies look terrible compared to the great work you've done.
    Thanks for the compliment

Do you have those programs? Maybe you could take the screenshots and then send them to me for cropping, and I'll credit you for them

Just need, two screenshots of each unit, one showcasing the variety of armour and the other showcasing shields.
    Or if you could manage both into one creatively with good lighting that'd be even better.

But if you want to do this, wait till after I've updated the Polybians with the new shields I'm working on right now.
    Let me know if you're up for it

Thank you for the kind words

Can you be more specific, are you using the Full pack or just Generals?
    If you have time post a screenshot of the issue so it'll be easier for me to find and
    fix it.
    Thanks.

I am using the full pack and will post a screenshot soon.

Franky235's Avatar Tiro

Hey Octavian, do you plan to make a Steamworkshop version?
    Would be easier to update i guess

Edit: It seems that since update 5 I can't play with your mod always getting the beloved ctd :/
    Last edited by Franky235; October 18, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

Did you try using the official mod manager in the launch window? It seems after patch 5, the mods have to be activated there instead of Mitch's mod manager.

Are you uploading this to the Steam Workshop anytime soon? Generals look incredible ingame btw. Gives the immersion that the army its actually led by a general of such a higher class.

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

This is exactly like how it was in RS

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmuriel View Post
    This is exactly like how it was in RS
    These shields look amaizingly cool man. Big boars