Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION 4.5 * (UPDATED: 17/09/2014) * Currently BUGGED *

Default Re: Kaziel's Romans * VERSION II * (UPDATED: 15/10/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Franky235 View Post
    Finally, really awesome work with V2!
    +rep!
    Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by East Londoner View Post
    So this no longer conflicts with leiogaires army reskin mod? does it work with radious? Amazing work
    Unfortunately any Pack File that contains modifications of the texture files concerning the same units will conflict and not work together. I don't know what
    the Legionaires army reskin mod is, but judging from the title, I assume he re-textured the Legionaries as I did therefore they will conflict.

I don't use Radious's mod, but from what I've heard it doesn't contain any re-textures. It is purely a modification of stats and unit tables. So logically I can only
    assume they will be a conflict of two files in the 'DB' section of my mod (in which really is just a change in Auxiliary Voices, and Auxiliary Infantry's Centurion type used).

Are you familiar with PFM at all? The two files called 'Main_Units_Tables' and 'Land_Units_Tables' would, I assume, be the conflicts with Radious's Mod (as they
    deal with unit stats). So if you know how to use PFM, those two files are the only ones that need to be deleted.

Actually this brings up an idea, when I have time I will download Radious's Mod to see what the conflicts are and make a separate Pack file that will be
    compatible with it. Furthermore, if there are any other mods you guys would like to suggest (like Radious's Mod that does not involve unit re-textures)
    I will put in the effort (when I have time) to check and sort out compatibility issues.

Remember guys, if the other mod involves re-texturing of Roman Units then it won't be compatible.

And thanks for the compliment

Well I just checked the Legionaire's Army Mod, Mod Manager states NO CONFLICT.

Checked Radious Mod, I was wrong. Many visual changes that conflict with mine (e.g faction colours etc.), and oddly one unit modification; Roman Evocati only.

Maybe you should ask him to make a separate mod that only includes his stat modifications for battle and campaign, then it would be compatible with mine

Ahhh man im gutted. I wanna use this but I use radious. Hard choices. Ill ask if he can make it compatible with this mod.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Hey look my name is in the credits! Thanks for the mention and mass cred for the sick work on all units, generals included of course. Well worth the wait!

Thanks for fantastic work. This is the best Roman reskin so far! Also you can make Generals only mod v2.

Libertus

Great work, i love your new roman army. Thanks. Do you think there would be possible to make an inverse crest on centurion's helmets?

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Some thoughts on future edits I had while looking into all the new stuff (which is all really impressive, good job!):

To add more kinds of variants of generals, I was thinking things like some that have no helmets and just a neckwrap, or some with more barbarian looking cloaks/trinkets to make them look like that's where they've been campaigning. Just little details. Another little thing I thought of was the use of the roman armguards that I suppose are unknown to some. If you check under Caesars battlemap entry in PFM you'll see what I'm talking about. I made a basic kind of general using those and some other bits and bobs and it came out like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know you cant see it too well, I was just trying to do something cool or whatever at the time, but its basically what you see, with the hellenic officer cuirass underneath. I think it looks kind of nice and the cape gives me a sort of General Maximus vibe.

I was also thinking about changing all the generals, mounted and otherwise, to use swords with or without shields. Was thinking without, but its whatever really. I gave it a try and couldn't work it out. Perhaps it's something you'll find interesting to attempt. Or maybe not. In any case, hope that gave you some inspiration for future work. You're defo doing some sick stuff on your own though so big-ups.

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Finally i can play roman faction now, more historacal polybian armies compo, nice work m8 and thanks!

Great work on those special characters on the battlefield( the general,bearer,centurion). It has always bothered me the armor given to vanilla generals. Great mod!!!

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Is there anyway you could just add a pack that has the v2 generals, the praetorian guard and cavalry please

I really like what you've done with the units, but I won't be using it, because I can't stand the over liberal use of the squamata, especially on the triarii and the equites. I'd remove these, as they draw attention away from the style and flavour of roman units too much. Also, The camillan era breastplates on the hastati makes them look completely out of touch with the other polybian units, and also their tunics. It's a good looking unit, but not for the 3rd and 2nd centuries BCE.

If you were to change these things I'd love to use your mod!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Could you add generals only mod v2 please?? Looking forward to it.

Great mod, look awesome!!

Same as Ober with the officier plz

Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Thanks for fantastic work. This is the best Roman reskin so far! Also you can make Generals only mod v2.
    Thanks for the compliment, Generals link is up. Though just out of curiosity, why do you want just the Generals? What other Roman re-skin mod are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    Great work, i love your new roman army. Thanks. Do you think there would be possible to make an inverse crest on centurion's helmets?
    Thanks for the kind words Like I said in the OP, the inverted crests cuurently available in-game look awful on both the Marian and Imperial Coolus type Helmets. So I can't sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Hey look my name is in the credits! Thanks for the mention and mass cred for the sick work on all units, generals included of course. Well worth the wait!
    Thanks Max, well it's true you suggested it so you deserve credit Sorry to keep you waiting for so long lol.
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 16, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Is there anyway you could just add a pack that has the v2 generals, the praetorian guard and cavalry please
    I can't I'm afraid, the request is too specific. If I do it, then people will start to ask, for example, just the Auxiliaries, the Cohorts but not the Evocati etc.
    I hope you can understand that it would be just too much work. Why may I ask do you need those 3 types specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Bohannan View Post
    Great work on those special characters on the battlefield( the general,bearer,centurion). It has always bothered me the armor given to vanilla generals. Great mod!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, hope you enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmuriel View Post
    Finally i can play roman faction now, more historacal polybian armies compo, nice work m8 and thanks!
    Thanks Kymmuriel for the kind words. I've actually just edited the Polybian Era Soldiers, have a look, maybe you will like them even better

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    I really like what you've done with the units, but I won't be using it, because I can't stand the over liberal use of the squamata, especially on the triarii and the equites. I'd remove these, as they draw attention away from the style and flavour of roman units too much. Also, The camillan era breastplates on the hastati makes them look completely out of touch with the other polybian units, and also their tunics. It's a good looking unit, but not for the 3rd and 2nd centuries BCE.

If you were to change these things I'd love to use your mod!
    Thanks for the compliment Thomas. This is actually very good feedback/constructive criticism, I appreciate it.

I agree with you on the armour and tunics of the Hastati, I'm not sure what I was thinking tbh, maybe it was just a lazy fix lol.
    When you say Camillan Era Breastplates, you mean the Triple Disk ones yea? My thinking was since the Etruscans were using it
    I assumed the Romans would too (same culture and timeframe). But again I agree and have changed it back to Vanilla. Except
    one of the Half-Cuirasses (the ones with floating shoulder guards) I removed. Tunics have been reverted back to Vanilla as well,
    but colour diversity remains. So overall I think I like them better now.

About the Squamatas; I made that decision based on the fact that one of the Trajan's Columns depicts a lot of Legionaries wearing
    what looks like either Squamata or Plumata. Since Plumata is the one that's super expensive to make (only High-Ranking Officers and
    Generals wore them apparently), I chose to make the wealthiest Polybian units wear the Squamata (i.e. Triarii and Equites). But, I do
    agree that too many soldiers wearing Squamata kinda looks wrong. So anyways I've tweaked the Polybian Units, screenshots updated
    and new Pack File is up. Reason for changes below:

• Hastati now wear Square and Half-Cuirass Breastplates. Roman tunics.
    • Principes; Majority wear Hamata. Some wear the Half-Cuirass Breastplates
      but also wear Shin-Guards to show they are more heavily armoured than
      the Hastati.
    • Triarii wear a mixture of the expensive Full-Cuirass (with Shin-Guards),
      Hamata and Half-Cuirass (also with Shin-Guards). This shows that they
      are upper-class (i.e. wealthier) and heavily armoured.

So overall I think I've achieved good diversity, show of rank in equipment/wealth
    and they look like Romans (according to mainstream research and how we were
    brought up to believe they looked like).

Your name is in the credits for your advice and persuasion. Thanks again and I
    hope you enjoy my mod

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus183 View Post
    Some thoughts on future edits I had while looking into all the new stuff (which is all really impressive, good job!):

To add more kinds of variants of generals, I was thinking things like some that have no helmets and just a neckwrap, or some with more barbarian looking cloaks/trinkets to make them look like that's where they've been campaigning. Just little details. Another little thing I thought of was the use of the roman armguards that I suppose are unknown to some. If you check under Caesars battlemap entry in PFM you'll see what I'm talking about. I made a basic kind of general using those and some other bits and bobs and it came out like this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know you cant see it too well, I was just trying to do something cool or whatever at the time, but its basically what you see, with the hellenic officer cuirass underneath. I think it looks kind of nice and the cape gives me a sort of General Maximus vibe.

I was also thinking about changing all the generals, mounted and otherwise, to use swords with or without shields. Was thinking without, but its whatever really. I gave it a try and couldn't work it out. Perhaps it's something you'll find interesting to attempt. Or maybe not. In any case, hope that gave you some inspiration for future work. You're defo doing some sick stuff on your own though so big-ups.
    Thanks Max for the suggestions. The Rugged General Theme sounds interesting, and I will take it into consideration when I work on new Generals for future updates.

I've tried all the arm guards/bracers already. They disappear from the model when you zoom out just a little bit, so I decided against it.

The Generals without shields (visually) is easy to do actually. In PFM, open one of the General_0#.variantmeshdefinitions, then on the line where it says "shield" >, put a / before the >, so it's... nevermind.. here look lol;

<SLOT name="shield" attach_point="weapon_03" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/kaz_roman_general_02.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>

Now just add the / before >;

<SLOT name="shield" attach_point="weapon_03" />

That should work with no errors. Good luck editing all 31x2 Generals though lol

Thanks again for the kind words

Ah crap, double post

EDIT: May as well just use this box..

Maximus, acutally when the General fights, he will still have blocking animations but no shield so obviously it'll look weird.
    I assume you will need to assign the Generals a different animation set, for example, like ones that the Plebs use maybe,
    as they don't use shields nor spears.

But unfortunately I don't know how to do that (yet) and I'm really tired from all the
    work I put into this mod. I need to take a break from looking at tables and photoshop lol. Sorry I can't help you out man.
    Last edited by Kaziel; October 16, 2013 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Deleted Double Post

Amazing work as usual.

However, I can't see some crests in the generals' helmets. Is this normal?

I hope that in the future, the centurions have those fabulous side crests.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Okay no problemo, but the generals are good. I do have other Roman re-skins, I have Lavrentiv's and KLA's.