Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

Default Re: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

Quote Originally Posted by Gillia View Post
    ver 1.1.1 worked with R2 patch 12, but it doesn't seem to work with patch 13. The link to editsf 1.1.2 goes to ver 1.1.1 only. Is Daniu updating this anymore?
    Where is the version of editsf that works with R2 patch 13?
    What doesn't work about it?
    The ESF specification is relatively limited, and AFAIK, EditSF is able to handle all data types.

Quote Originally Posted by dmperu11 View Post
    or does anyone know how to create a hybrid campaign? I've tried it with the latest version of EditSF, but I can't copy or delete any files so I can't change anything...
    Try taw's esf2xml converter, that allows you to move around blocks of data (to where they might not belong )
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Awesome perfect! I'll have to give that a go and see what I can come up with, thanks so much!
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

Is it possible to create new entries, or move an existing one from one unit_array to another? I want to create a new general bonus, or move an existing bonus from one general to another; is this possible? How do you use the "move" function from right-clicking the mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkZither View Post
    Is it possible to create new entries
    You can create new entries by using "Duplicate", then edit the duplicate. Reason for not providing a "New from scratch" is that you'd have to build the entire substructure correctly, and that is very error-prone. I'd be swamped in "why does this not work" questions I can't answer.

or move an existing one from one unit_array to another?
    No, you can't move an entry from one existing array to another. Reason is that if it were possible, I'd have to enable it between all "array types", i.e. also from unit_array to armies_array for example - again, this would destroy consistency.

How do you use the "move" function from right-clicking the mouse?
    The "move" works within the same array only (because there all entries are of the same type). You enter the array index to which you want to move the entry you selected and it will be moved there.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Thank you daniu. That clarifies everything. I was trying to move a STATS_BLOCK bonus (gold armor, gold weapon bonuses, etc) from one UNIT to another unit that didn't have any, but it's not possible. Though if the unit already has a bonus to begin with, you can duplicate as many as you want and edit it to have all sorts of bonuses.

any1 here know where i can found starpos esf for patch 15 ?

edit:omg starpost is in campaign folder all along?i think its in data_rome2.pack, lol did i failed to realize it all this time? sorry never edit vanilla starpos
    Last edited by MasterGood; September 02, 2014 at 04:39 PM.
    My Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/LVoY5I

Hi

Fed up with generals dying so quickly all the time in a campaign i'm playing, i edited the startpos file with EditSF (thanks to the developer for that!) so it would run at 4 turns per year instead of 1 as per all the instructions, and while it does save it (and when i go back it's still says 4) when i play the game it still rattles through the years at 1TPY. I can change it to a dozen turns per year but it seems to have no effect. The years still fly by at 1 turn per year and so my generals age and die as quickly as before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's ignoring the 4TPY in the startpos file?

Many thanks!

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MrHammers View Post
    Hi

Fed up with generals dying so quickly all the time in a campaign i'm playing, i edited the startpos file with EditSF (thanks to the developer for that!) so it would run at 4 turns per year instead of 1 as per all the instructions, and while it does save it (and when i go back it's still says 4) when i play the game it still rattles through the years at 1TPY. I can change it to a dozen turns per year but it seems to have no effect. The years still fly by at 1 turn per year and so my generals age and die as quickly as before.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's ignoring the 4TPY in the startpos file?

Many thanks!
    You have to edit it also in your savegame file, if you haven't startetd a new one.

Another way ist to use my tool @ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?637771 and change all birth years of your characters every e.g. 40 years.
    You find that feature in the "Edit" panel.
    Last edited by RoninX2807; September 05, 2014 at 02:05 AM.

Using EditSF 1.1.1 (I can't find a working link to 1.1.2 -- if anyone knows that, please let me know!), if I duplicate a "UNITS_ARRAY - x" entry to add a new unit, it's only working correctly if I duplicate the last unit currently in the array. If I duplicate an entry elsewhere in the array, it appears to work. But then if I save the file and immediately reopen it, the duplicated entry has no substructure beneath the node.

For instance, using a Rome 2 Total War save game:

1. Open the save game in EditSF 1.1.1.
    2. Navigate to: CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME --> COMPRESSED_DATA --> CAMPAIGN_ENV --> CAMPAIGN_MODEL --> WORLD --> FACTION_ARRAY --> FACTION_ARRAY - 0 --> FACTION --> ARMY_ARRAY --> ARMY_ARRAY - 0 --> MILITARY_FORCE --> UNIT_CONTAINER --> UNITS_ARRAY
    3. Underneath the UNITS_ARRAY node, right-click on a "UNITS_ARRAY - 1" node and choose "Duplicate" from the in-context menu.
    4. Notice that an entry appears to be generated correctly, as "UNITS_ARRAY - 2".
    5. Adjust unit ID and other information as desired.
    6. Save the file.
    7. Reopen immediately in EditSF 1.1.1, and navigate to the previously-created "UNITS_ARRAY - 2".
    8. Notice that it has no substructure, which of course causes Rome 2 Total War to crash if you try to load this file.

Duplicating the last entry among the "UNITS_ARRAY - x" entries works correctly, but EditSF appears to have trouble saving substructure information for nodes duplicated higher up the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by kurushimi0 View Post
    -- if anyone knows that, please let me know!),.
    There is a trunk for 1.1.2 , but you have to build it by yourself.
    http://sourceforge.net/p/packfileman...AD/tree/trunk/

Can I use this for Shogun 2?

Quote Originally Posted by kurushimi0 View Post
    Using EditSF 1.1.1 (I can't find a working link to 1.1.2 -- if anyone knows that, please let me know!), if I duplicate a "UNITS_ARRAY - x" entry to add a new unit, it's only working correctly if I duplicate the last unit currently in the array. If I duplicate an entry elsewhere in the array, it appears to work. But then if I save the file and immediately reopen it, the duplicated entry has no substructure beneath the node.

For instance, using a Rome 2 Total War save game:

1. Open the save game in EditSF 1.1.1.
    2. Navigate to: CAMPAIGN_SAVE_GAME --> COMPRESSED_DATA --> CAMPAIGN_ENV --> CAMPAIGN_MODEL --> WORLD --> FACTION_ARRAY --> FACTION_ARRAY - 0 --> FACTION --> ARMY_ARRAY --> ARMY_ARRAY - 0 --> MILITARY_FORCE --> UNIT_CONTAINER --> UNITS_ARRAY
    3. Underneath the UNITS_ARRAY node, right-click on a "UNITS_ARRAY - 1" node and choose "Duplicate" from the in-context menu.
    4. Notice that an entry appears to be generated correctly, as "UNITS_ARRAY - 2".
    5. Adjust unit ID and other information as desired.
    6. Save the file.
    7. Reopen immediately in EditSF 1.1.1, and navigate to the previously-created "UNITS_ARRAY - 2".
    8. Notice that it has no substructure, which of course causes Rome 2 Total War to crash if you try to load this file.

Duplicating the last entry among the "UNITS_ARRAY - x" entries works correctly, but EditSF appears to have trouble saving substructure information for nodes duplicated higher up the chain.
    Could you provide a save game? I don't have one right now (on my work computer), and will most probably forget to send one to myself when I'm home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLireus View Post
    Can I use this for Shogun 2?
    Yes.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

When I try to change the value of 20 to 40 in CAMPAIGN_MODEL it makes my game crash

Quote Originally Posted by the new username View Post
    When I try to change the value of 20 to 40 in CAMPAIGN_MODEL it makes my game crash
    Same thing happens when I change the turns per year.

H Con's Avatar Senator

I am unable to make changes to Shogun 2 saves. If I make any change to a save (for example, something as small as removing a single man from a unit) and save, the file is appx. 200 kBs smaller, and attempting to load it in-game causes a crash. No matter what is changed, this happens.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

Quote Originally Posted by H Con View Post
    I am unable to make changes to Shogun 2 saves. If I make any change to a save (for example, something as small as removing a single man from a unit) and save, the file is appx. 200 kBs smaller, and attempting to load it in-game causes a crash. No matter what is changed, this happens.
    Which version of EditSF are you using?

H Con's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RoninX2807 View Post
    Which version of EditSF are you using?
    1.1.1, the one on the first page.
    *dust settles*

Quote Originally Posted by H Con View Post
    What happens if you don't change anything, ie edit a value to stay the same as it was before? Does it cause the game to crash?
    The file getting smaller is not an issue, that's an unintended side effect but not harmful.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

H Con's Avatar Senator

No changes mean no crashes.

Editing a value, saving, reverting and then saving again causes crashing.
    *dust settles*

@H Con:
    I edited an old savegame and a fresh savegame (increased rank of a character) with the newest version of Shogun2 with EditSF 1.1.2 and I am sorry (for you) to say, there is no crash.
    a) do you use a mod?
    b) which Shogun2 (pure, RotS, FofS)?
    If you want, you can provide me your savegame, and I will check, if it crashs my game too.