Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

Default Re: EditSF 1.1 - Added Array Editing

Quote Originally Posted by versengeteriks View Post
    Is there an ESF blending facility in this to auto mix 2 files?
    No.
    But you can use taw's esf<->xml converter to create xml files from both, then use a merge tool to join those together, then convert the result back to esf.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

oh thanks realy daniu you save my ass from restating 173 turn because some lame campaign map camera bug
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

mennelik's Avatar Civis

I use esf editor 1.1.1 to alter my save file from CIG but only the stratpos.esf file appears , I don't know if it's done like that now with RTW,or do I miss something here? With other tw titles you could open up a save file and change there the army size. It's just to be sure. Found it (wrong path)
    Last edited by mennelik; December 20, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

Barbarus

Question: admittedly a basic one, where can I find a chart which itemizes which lines in the unit arrays are assigned to which values? (Ex. What line is experiance, what line is armor level, weapon level...etc...) the same for generals? which line is prestige, cunning, ...etc...

Thanks a lot guys! appreciate time spent developing this awesome tool.

The application starts up fine im able to edit the what i want (money in this case) but whatever i do it NEVER saves

after i saved my edits then reload it, it reverts back to what it was before same goes for if i use "save as..." it's the same deal

am i doing something wrong, is there a program blocking it? i've used EditSF before on empire TW retail version no problem, modded it succesfully even,

My RTWII is also retail

I tried that for use 40 army in ETW, when i save it just take forever (really forever) more than 30 minutes for 9000ko saved on 50 000, so i stop it before end .. any idea ? :/

EDIT: finally it worked, but it just crash when i load it lol
    Last edited by [Ben]; January 09, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    https://soundcloud.com/bmch

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Hello all,
    I wrote a little support tool for EditSF.
    It's my first C# program so please forgive that this is command-line and has no GUI.

What for this tool:
    If you want to edit your savegame file with EditSF, it's kind of time intensive to find the character you want to edit in CHARACTER_ARRAY.
    This tool creates a log file named "SaveParser.log" containing a list with array number, name and level of all non-colonel-type characters.

Installation:
    simply unzip the zip file in any folder you want.

Usage:
    in CMD enter SaveParser [SAVEFILENAME] [FACTION_ARRAY_NUMBER]
    - Save file name without .SAVE
    - Number of the Faction you want to parse. 0 = Player
    e.g. saveparser Rome 0

the result will be written in the file SaveParser.log

Credits:
    A lot of thanks to Daniu for creating EditSF.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is this been tested? if it works is it idiot proof?

but i have a problem with retaining the save it just reverts back lick nothing happened, will this help you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypastpist View Post
    Is this been tested? if it works is it idiot proof?

but i have a problem with retaining the save it just reverts back lick nothing happened, will this help you think?
    I have tested it with WinXP and Win7.
    A successful run looks like this, see attachment.

May I ask where you save file location is?

Yes sorry, there is a problem with WinXP. I fixed it. Now I try to edit my post.

Hello all,
    I wrote a little support tool for EditSF.

What for this tool:
    If you want to edit your savegame file with EditSF, it's kind of time intensive to find the character you want to edit in CHARACTER_ARRAY.
    This tool creates a log file named "SaveParser.log" containing a list with array number, name and level of all non-colonel-type characters.

Installation:
    simply unzip the zip file in any folder you want.

Usage:
    in CMD enter SaveParser [SAVEFILENAME] [FACTION_ARRAY_NUMBER]
    - Save file name without .SAVE
    - Number of the Faction you want to parse. 0 = Player
    e.g. saveparser Rome 0

the result will be written in the file SaveParser.log

Result description:
    Array : Array Number -> character is located in "CHARACTER_ARRAY - [Array]"
    Type : character type
    BirthDate : not the year, the pure value
    Level : 0-based, means: 0 = Level 1, 1 = Level 2 ...

Tested at WinXP, Win7.

Credits:
    A lot of thanks to Daniu for creating EditSF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails positiv.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 21, 2022 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Double post.

i just have it on my download folder, do i have to put it someplace specific? will this also help with my edits not saving?<br><br>seriously im willing to try anything so as long if its safe<br><br>i run win 7 BTW

Hi. is there any tutorial how to make a faction playable in CiG campaign? I will unlock/playable som other nations, like iberian (3 factions) . thx if anybody help me.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Hunor View Post
    Hi. is there any tutorial how to make a faction playable in CiG campaign? I will unlock/playable som other nations, like iberian (3 factions) . thx if anybody help me.
    This is something for the Grand Campaign but I guess the method is the same.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Is-Not-Enough

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

many thaks Lestat! Celts bored a bit (bcs. tonns of levy units), but Iberians will be intresting for me .)

I just want to edit my savefile to enable all technolgies at 1st or 2nd round in the grand campaign, but I have no clue how I can do that....

I will be very thankfull, if someone could help me =)

I downloaded to edit Empire's startpos.esf and as soon as I try to expand the file I get unhandled exception "Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of argument list"

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypastpist View Post
    i just have it on my download folder, do i have to put it someplace specific? will this also help with my edits not saving?<br><br>seriously im willing to try anything so as long if its safe<br><br>i run win 7 BTW
    Please check following thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ool-for-EditSF

I hope then your problem is solved, if you download the newest version.
    And thank you for tyring!

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

I already posted this in the wrong thread, sorry. Here we go:

I'd like to do some work on the STARTPOS, but i find it very long because to see the region names you need to open a level, then to select the sub-level to see the name displayed. Same for armies and - it seems - for anything else.

Example: once in the region manager, you must go in the regions array, expand the regions array # only to see REGION where finally you find something useful.
    In Empire, you needed to do the same, but the region's name was displayed to the upper level. Is it possible to have something similar? With 173 regions it's a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by BLuBMuZ View Post
    I'd like to do some work on the STARTPOS, but i find it very long because to see the region names you need to open a level, then to select the sub-level to see the name displayed. Same for armies and - it seems - for anything else.
    [...]
    In Empire, you needed to do the same, but the region's name was displayed to the upper level. Is it possible to have something similar? With 173 regions it's a nightmare.
    Generally, it is possible, but I will not introduce it because it's too much work for me to support in the long run.
    The problem is that using - to stay with your example - the REGION name, you need data from somewhere else than what is present at the current position.
    For instance, you have
    REGION_1/
    field_0
    field_1
    field_2
    etc.

Now let's say the name is found in field_2; I could tell the software that for a REGION_x entry, it should use the nth field for display; the mapping between the path within the esf to the field number could be done by a configuration file.
    However, in the next patch, the position of the region name may change to field_7 (I did actually see this happen for replays in S2TW), so it would need to be updated, and I'm simply unable to do that for every patch.
    Making matters worse, EditSF needs to be able to also support older ESFs, and those will still have the region name in field_2.

So it is rather complicated and I don't see how I would manage to include it without breaking stuff that is already working fine.
    So, I'd need to update
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Generally, it is possible, but I will not introduce it because it's too much work for me to support in the long run.
    (...)
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've found this interesting tool which does a good job. I don't know if you can merge it in ESF, but maybe you can contact the Author. For now i just copied to a txt document some entries, and i keep that open when i use ESF.

Is it possible to use this to make a unit recruitable in a specific building?

Most mods only work on new campaigns, so I'm looking for other options.