Thread: TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion EMPEROR EDITION [09/20/2014]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Default TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion EMPEROR EDITION [09/20/2014]

TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion
    EMPEROR EDITION

Greetings and salutations, everyone!

Presenting EMPEROR EDITION of Nomadic Tribes Expansion mod!
    As you well know, sometime this mid-week, Emperor Edition has hit for Total War: Rome 2, improving upon even Patch 15 considerably!
    So I’ve updated the mod mostly with an Amazonian Units but one more Royal Guard unit. You can read more in detail about the update changes in my Update post down in the thread. Instead, here on OP, I’ll focus on how the mod is currently.

Mod Value Proposition: 25 completely new units with own names, stats, abilities, unique visual looks, and most importantly very unique ANIMATIONS governing new roles for some units.
    - ALL NOMAD FACTIONS: 8
    o 4 Royal Guard Units
    o 3 Amazonian units
    o 1 Steppe Swordsmen
    - SARMATIAN FACTIONS: 3
    - SAKA FACTIONS: 2
    - SCYTHIAN FACTIONS: 2
    - UNIQUES: 10 unique factional for each of the 10 Nomad factions
    Each unit can be recruited in campaign with proper factions and in custom battles. AI can build these units as well.

UNIT DESCRIPTIONS & PICTURES
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ALL NOMADIC TRIBES:

All Nomadic Tribes get the following units:
    #1 Steppe Swordsmen
    Recruitment: Barbarian Major City levels 2-4, Minor City levels 2-4
    TG: Fast Heavy Infantry. Larger variation in heights since representing a broad swath of Nomads.

Charging against Roman Legionaries

HIGH-END UNITS
    #2 Royal Guard Archers
    Recruitment: Barbarian Major City level 4, Minor City level 4
    TG: Fast Heavy Infantry. A tad shorter.

#3 Royal Guard Macemen
    TG: Heavy Infantry. Average height.

Charging at You!

#4 Royal Guard Spearmen
    TG: Heavy Infantry. Tallest steppe experienced soldier.

Ready to engage the Roman Legionaries

Charging the enemy

Wading in battle

#5 Royal Guard Chariot Archers
    TG: Steady ranged attack + strong charge, but wouldn’t want to leave these guys in the melee for long.

Trampling over enemies

AMAZONIAN UNITS
    #6 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Archers
    Recruitment: Barbarian Major City levels 1-4, Minor City levels 1-4
    TG: High ranged attack, ammunition, speed but very squishy (low melee attack, defense, hp)

#7 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Battlemaidens
    Uses NEW TGNTE ANIMATION: BowCav+SpearShield
    TG: High ranged attack, ammunition, speed but very squishy (low melee attack, defense, hp)

#8 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Guardians
    TG: High melee defense to act as a tank, but low melee attack won’t kill anything and the relatively small hp still precludes for short and decisive engagements.

Thwarting Roman Legionaries

SARMATIAN FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP:

All Sarmatian factions (Siraces, Aorsoi, Roxolani) get these units.
    #9 Sarmatian Light Cavalry
    TG: Mounted on lightest swiftest cavalry to catch other nomad HAs. Best light melee cav available to Nomads.

#10 Sarmatian Armored Lancers
    TG: Better charge than equivalent lancers of other Nomad tribes. All about the charge and pulling away as rapidly as possible for another.

#11 Samatian ‘Amazonian’ Noblewomen
    Recruitment: Levels 3-4 Major/Minor City
    Uses NEW TGNTE ANIMATION: CHARIOT ARCHER!!!
    TG Pros: Was instrumental in creating and using the NEW TGNTE animation of CHARIOT ARCHER (!!! Woot!!! My new favorite animation role). Thus, both great ranged and great charge!
    TG Cons: Low Melee Attack and Melee Defense. Charge and get outta Dodge!

SAKA FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP:

All Saka factions (Thyssagetae, Massagetae, Khorasmii) get these units. Additionally, DLC Saka Cataphracts are given to all Saka factions, not just Massagetae. However, Saka Cataphracts is only given to Khorasmii.
    #12 Saka Skirmishers
    Uses NEW TGNTE ANIMATION: JavelinCav+SpearShield
    TG: Answering the slightly superior Scythian and Sarmatian horse archery, the Saka answer with notable Skirmishers, taking after the Eastern tradition from Persian asabara and the like.

#13 Saka ‘Amazonian’ Noblewomen
    Recruitment: Levels 3-4 Major/Minor City
    TG Pros: Camel Bow Cavalry fights against other Cavalry well. High Melee Defense and armed with Maces to keep fighting in melee, unlike most Amazonian cavalry which is light or has to get out of the fight early
    TG Cons: Charge isn’t great. Basically just another HA but with Camel bonuses against horses and high melee defense with maces to keep fighting in the melee.

SCYTHIAN FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP:

#14 Scythian Horse Archers
    Uses the TGNTE new BowCav+Lancer animation combination!
    TG: On very light, fast horses. At same tier, only the Aorsoi HAs can beat this wily fighter. Otherwise, beats standard HAs. Like Aorsoi, also uses the new animation file for HorseArcher-LightLancer combo.

#15 Scythian Armored Horse Archers
    TG: While having less armor than Massagetae Armored Horse Archers, the Scythian Armored HA makes up for it with deadliness, with increased accuracy and most ammunition. While Scythian HA would lose to Aorsoi HA, the Scythian Armored HA should handily beat Aorsoi HA. Thracian, Pontic, and Hellenistic influence.
    Also, uses BowCav+SwordShield new animation!

FACTION-UNIQUE UNITS:

The following units only correspond to one faction or faction-specific.
    #16 Dahae Heavy Camelry
    TG: Lance primary, axes secondary. Great against Nomad horse-based armies.

#17 Khorasmii Heavy Cataphracts
    Recruitment: Barbarian Major City levels 3-4, Minor City levels 3-4
    TG: Highest armor out of the Nomad Lancers, great staying power with maces/axes for melee

#18 Massagetae Royal Horse Archers
    TG: High armor, uses maces and axes for melee, so could fulfill two roles. Epitome of steady damage delivered from safety of cataphract armor. My favorite unit and favorite faction, yes I’m biased.

#19 Thyssagetae Skirmishers
    Uses the TGNTE new JavelinCav+SpearShield animation combination!
    TG: High accuracy, best nomad Skirmishers. Heavier Eastern influence.

#20 Roxolani Royal Lancers
    TG: Best charge, even better than Khorasmii Heavy Cataphracts, but much less armored.
    Note: Since Gelonus is quite far into the unforgiving forests. These early Roxolani are rather savage and thirsty for plunder, as evidenced by their bear pelt. In the future, I’d like to model and texture a snow leopard pelt about them. That’d be sooo kewl! For now, to distinguish them from other Sarmatian TGNTE and CA units, I switched out the antlered horse for a Cataphract_Half_Horse, showing encroaching Saka influence from the east.
    Tips: All about the charge and pulling away as rapidly as possible for another.

#21 Aorsoi Horse Archers
    TG: The first TGNTE unit to use a custom, new animation of a cavalry archer/spears combo, using bow for range and short spears for melee. Also, mounted on really fast swift light horses. One on one, beats any other first-tier, light nomad HA unit.

#22 Siracene Swordsmen
    TG: Fast Heavy Infantry. Heavy Pontic and Eastern influence, taking after the Cappadocians and the Armenians and Pontics. Uniformly large men selected.

#23 Budini Hunters
    TG: Superb foot archers at range, with solid, but not exceptional, melee with axes.

#24 Catiaroi Royal Cavalry
    TG: Ok charge but not exceptional. Strong attack and moderate defense. All-around sturdy. Not great at any particular thing but a solid unit.

#25 Royal Scythian Noble Armored Lancers
    TG: Decent charge. Wearing long Thracian cloaks from campaigns in Silestria. Also wearing Dacian chainmail in respect to the fine Dacian craftsmanship.

NEW TGNTE UNIT CARDS
    TG: Credit to Radious and his team for doing these unit cards for TGNTE units. Kudos! Spectacular job. Actually noticing how they did it, I was able to create the Amazonian cards. I only may take credit for Amazonian and Royal Guard Chariot Archer units.

ALL NOMADIC TRIBES

#1 Royal Guard Archers

#2 Royal Guard Chariot Archers

#3 Royal Guard Macemen

#4 Royal Guard Spearmen

#5 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Archers

#6 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Battlemaidens

#7 Steppe ‘Amazonian’ Guardians

#8 Steppe Swordsmen

SAKA FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP

#9 Saka ‘Amazonian’ Noblewomen

#10 Saka Skirmishers

SARMATIAN FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP

#11 Sarmatian Armored Lancers

#12 Sarmatian Light Cavalry

#13 Sarmatian Noblewomen

SCYTHIAN FACTIONS MILITARY GROUP

#14 Scythian Horse Archers

#15 Scythian Armored Horse Archers

FACTION-UNIQUE

#16 Aorsoi Horse Archers

#17 Budini Hunters

#18 Catiaroi Royal Cavalry

#19 Dahae Heavy Camelry

#20 Khorasmii Heavy Cataphracts

#21 Massagetae Royal Horse Archers

#22 Roxolani Royal Lancers

#23 Royal Scythian Noble Armored Lancers

#24 Siracene Swordsmen

#25 Thyssagetae Skirmishers

UNIT BALANCE FEEDBACK
    Take a look at the Excel Sheet Picture and you can comment on what values to decrease or increase.

TG COMMENTARY:

Every single unit has its own unique look, so they are not just vanilla copies with diff weapon in their hands. I tried to enfuse character through the portrayal of each unit’s look, but I wish to add more once we figure out how to modify and add custom meshes and models. Already brewing with plenty ideas.

Balance: At first, I only really wanted to play Royal Scythia, however after the development of this mod neared conclusion, I’m having serious trouble deciding on which tribe exactly to take to WORLD CONQUEST! For example, I want to play around with the harbingers of the next age, Khorasmii Heavy Cataphracts… at the same time, the Scythian Armored Horse Archers just look so baller! Haha, I think that’s a good sign that all these factions are adequately balanced against each other.
    Having said that, I do recognize that all these changes may make the Nomadic Tribes stronger against other factions. So I’ll consider sound, constructive criticism and suggestions.

Language Info: This mod will show unit names of all Custom Units only in English version (language can be switched on steam). For other languages needs, I am submitting my LOC files to the venerable Radious at the UPC Project to be installed - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post13256693

Installation:
    Download Link for the PACK:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2....pack/download
    1) Download the MOD pack ( tg_nomadic_tribes_expansion.pack )
    2) Now you copy tg_nomadic_tribes_expansion.pack to the "data" directory(make sure to overwrite!) of rome example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"
    3) Now you start the game, once the Rome 2 Launcher appears, click on "MOD Manager"
    4) Click on the arrow key to scroll through the list until you find tg_nomadic_tribes_expansion.pack and click on the check mark box in the upper left hand corner.
    5) Voila! You’re done Enjoy

STEAM Workshop Download Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187750632
    Note: This steam link will be updated far more readily than the SourceForge link. I usually update the SourceForge link after updating the OP in Word and posting that up. Meanwhile, I update the PACK file for Steam Workshop way earlier than that.

RECOMMENDED MODS:
    All Factions Playable Mod
    Note: Sort of actually NEED the above mod to play in campaign. For me, it’s a MUST have lol
    Mithridates Pontic Roster Expansion
    Note: Very well put together mod that provides fun enemies for NTE’s Steppe Hordes to prove their mettle against!
    Ars Gratia Artis
    Note: Out of all Battle and Overhaul mods, I agree with Selea’s version of the changes the most. Why? I feel like every unit type has a clear, cogent, and impactful role. And plus I’m biased since cavalry and missile are a bit stronger with Selea’s mod than Radious or Silven’s.

REMOVED ITEMS

#1 TGNTE RELIGIOUS BUILDINGS
    Why? CA has REALLY revitalized the entire building system. I barely managed to get my TGNTE units to be recrutiable in the campaign. So I’ll just save myself headache and focus ONLY on units now. If I want to re-add the previous religious buildings in the future, I’d do another mod, like TGNTE_NOMADIC_BUILDINGS_EXPANSION
    #2 TGNTE MERCENARIES
    I NEVER got them to work, even though I’ve covered all the Mercenary DB tables, including Faction_to_Mercenaries and Province_to_Mercenaries DB table.
    Whatever I do, my custom mercenaries NEVER show up. Until I figure this out, better just to leave it out of the mod.
    Also, I haven’t seen ANY larger developer, from Radious to DEI, SIM, and Magnar have introduced NEW mercenaries into the mercenary pool. Or did they? There seems to be a hard-coded CA thing against adding new custom units to the mercenary pool. If I’m living in the past and it’s easily done, please do let me know.
    #3 Nomadic Confederation Name

While personally I’ve settled on Hunnic Confederation, apparently lots of other mods change that name. So I’ve reverted to using that name-change as a standalone small mod just for myself. Otherwise, my Units mod would conflict with too many other mods.
    Nomadic Tribes Confederation Name POLL:
    TG NTE Confederation Name POLL THREAD
    Note: Default name will be based upon poll results. Currently, the default is Hunnic Confederation.
    Note#2: Better have as a standalone small mod and keep the focus of this mod on Nomadic Tribes units only, I think.

Well, th-that’s all folks!

Best regards,
    Peace,
    TuranianGhazi on TWC
    NomadicAI7 on SourceForge
    Turan Khan on Steam Workshop
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 22, 2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: 09/20/2014 EMPEROR EDITION UPDATE

Default Re: TuranianGhazi Nomadic Tribes Expansion

Whoa, I like this. Astonishing work, and the presentation is good, however it's a bit wonky. You should fix those images and a few other texts not properly customized. Otherwise I have to hand it to you, I love it and I'm a big fan of this kind of concept.

is this mod only for patch 3 beta ? i have patch 2, and i cant run it, and i did everything okay.

Amazing work, now i need the Africans especially the Numidians, and the Illyrians, and im set for the units in this game

im assuming these units are all balanced for vanilla use only, and not for Radious
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

+rep good sir! Love the units keep um coming!

yes, i have also put UI, i was installing mods for long so i have experience how to run them. and i dont know why this one wont work...i cant even start game, if it's something about UI, then it would come to custom battle and then crash when i selecet some of those 'nomads'

what patch are u guys using ? beta 3 or patch 2 ? im using patch 2 and i cant run it. i dont want to aple to patch 3 until it's full realeased

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

@Socktu: Aw thanks! It’s nothing much, just trying to mix and match outfits tastefully. Once I can get to import/exporting Rome 2 meshes/models, THEN we can talk lol haha.
    Oh yea, it was VERY glitchy. I can’t stand forum formatting, and TWC’s is the worst/slowest by far. Here’s to hoping that the community generates enough revenue to jumpstart new servers. Otherwise, it’s really killing me here.

@achilles
    Strange, this mod does NOT overwrite any vanilla things, only adds onto it. It’s both a MOD format, and there is nothing in the mod overwriting any vanilla default things. It should work with everything.
    Did you not forget to place the UI folder? The game would crash without that UI folder, since the Religious Building icons ABSOLUTELY need that UI folder’s contents to be in the right place.
    Sometimes when I’m midst making changes, I mess around with the UI folder and get crashes. Just gotta be very careful.

@Killergold88
    THaaaanks man! It means a lot.
    I know that Izanagi already unlocked religious buildings for Axum, and last I checked up on him, all African faction group religious buildings. So, while not units, at least we’ll nail religious buildings for all factions/faction groups that don’t have them, soon enough.
    I’ll come back to AFP modding this Wednesday/Thursday. Until then, I’m busy. But in next update, I’m adding 8 more faction descriptions/traits. Since Umbrecht supplied me with four more, I’ll try and match his contribution to keep the progress going on the AFP mod.
    We’re so close, yet so far.

@Hercules
    Mighty thaaanks!
    I have a couple of nifty ideas to force to work, as they currently don’t work out, but IF and WHEN I will work those kinks out someway .. you may see a pleasant surprise
    But still, in the near future, I’m going to FINALLY play the game with all my new toys, ahem, units lol

YES! Now only the Eastern and African cultures need kick ass packs and I'm set

Would you consider adding some of these units to Cimmeria? They are a cool faction and I think at least a nomad sword, bow, and lancer unit would fit their style.
    Last edited by VladimirTW; September 29, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

I wonder how long until CA makes the change all modders are to unit recruitment, and makes them avaliable from cities. CA has the manpower to do it right as well, and tie the unlock to a tech requirement. Once the unit is researched it can be recruited in any city.

I'd love to try this but can't seem to get it to work.

I have followed the instructions, and have launched many mods before .. no luck.

Recently I did a 'reset' by checking local cache through steam and you mention that I would have to accept overwrites for the UI folder but I never received any messages to that effect. My UI folder only had one folder in it, namely 'Cursors'. After I copy the UI folder it has three folders, 'Cursors', 'buildings', and 'units'.

Any suggestions?

I tried this earlier but I suppose it conflicted with Radious ' all in one mod or some other changes I've made. Hopefully a lot of these excellent ideas will be brought together on one mod sometime. Thanks for making the game more interesting anyway.

Any chance on adding some of these units as mercs to there respected regions? Also I play with radious mod any known issues?
    Last edited by Hercules18; September 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

This is wonderful. Need more packs like this.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

Great unit pack guys, for I myself have great respect for Nomadic Steppe civilizations such as the Saka and the Scythians.

Quick question, will the AI recruit the new units as well?
    Last edited by Master Necromancer; September 30, 2013 at 03:43 PM.

Nice! But I have a problem... Does it work in custom battle? I have the all playables factions mod and I don't see any change... I launched the game with mod manager.

Goodis's Avatar Libertus

Great work TuranianGhazi! Would be awesome if someone could add or change one faction to the huns, lets do it before CA makes barbarian invasion expansion with a lot of bugs!

Is the pack file link correct? I only get the ui folder in both links.

Umbrecht's Avatar Libertus

Ghazi Great Work, it looks like miracle!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast