Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

The only version of annexation is confederation, which is subculture dependent.

And right now, there is no way to add region trading that I know of.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

It's strange they left out settlement hand overs.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

is this compatible with patch 9 ?!

Yes, this mod is compatible with any patch.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod (updated)

I would love to see an option that allows me to liberate satrapies instead of allies. Do you think this is possible?

Well, you can liberate a faction and then turn around and subjugate them...but otherwise no I dont think so.

Using all factions all options - last 2 factions i destroyed, was not given option to subjugate at all. If i took the town for my self the faction became destroyed, they had no other towns or armies. The only 'extra' option show up up is Sacking.

Usually this works a treat if this is the last town they have, and i have a pile of other factions i have satrappied/client stated in exactly the same manner already in this campaign, and in other campaigns i have had far, far more of them at once (one the entirety of Europe, another the entirety of the Middle East).

Is there something im missing that can cause the option to not appear?

What the what - and now my satraps are attacking other factions dragging me into wars. 100% sure they are my satraps starting the war, and it is asking me to join them in the war.

Satraps should have no option to do this without me automatically becoming at war with them. Ive had them start a war before but it just told me they started a war, and I became hostile to them - they couldnt ask me to join them.

That is very bizarre. I am unsure what could have caused it. This mod doesn't change any of the diplomatic settings, it only opens up the options for all the different cultures.

is it possible to increase the amount of money earned from sacking?
    I earn less money from sacking than razing.
    Shogun 2 sackings got around 5000 and went as high as 20k but in rome 2? 950 gold... that's not even petty cash lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    is it possible to increase the amount of money earned from sacking?
    I earn less money from sacking than razing.
    Shogun 2 sackings got around 5000 and went as high as 20k but in rome 2? 950 gold... that's not even petty cash lol.
    I agree. If I am looting it and taking control it isn't in my interests to completely take everything. sacking however it is.

Yes, it is possible to increase the sack income. I made that change in my other mods but not this one, only because I wanted to keep it as compatible as possible with other mods. This is basically just 1-2 tables.

Does the confederations work with Hannibal DLC? Because i cant make confederation with same blood factions(i am playing as Lusitani)

using mod with All in one mod,and it s not working .Everything stays the same...must i start a new game for it to take effect ?

Question: it seems using this mod in HatG, satrapies can refuse to join wars and become neutral, which in many respects defeats the purpose of making them satrapies. I don't recall this being a feature in the vanilla main game, and if it is, ye another dumb idea on CA's part.

In any case, is it possible to make this part of satrapies impossible to refuse? To me making satrapies instead of client state was so they are forced to do what I do.

Manningham's Avatar Civitate

Interesting mod! I'll have to try this out later

Would you consider tying the ability to create satrapies and client states to imperium level? I'm wondering if minor factions often try to create satrapies out of their small neighbors.. that kind of behavior was possible (Sparta and the Messenians comes to mind), but was far more commonly and successfully done by more significant entities.

In any case I'll try this out later today with DeI
    "It don't matter to Jesus"
    - Jesus

Update:
    - Made the AI less likely to sack rather than occupy.
    (Only in Sack/Liberate and Sack/Liberate/Diplomatic Option versions)
    Last edited by Dresden; April 21, 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Kuroi's Avatar Civis

I have one small problem. Every time I subjugate a faction and make it my satrapy through conquest, they refuse to join me in war and turn against me, starting a war. Every time.
    Is there a chance you'd do something about it? Because currently there is no point in subjugating countries, as they will rebel the very moment you attack anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroi View Post
    I have one small problem. Every time I subjugate a faction and make it my satrapy through conquest, they refuse to join me in war and turn against me, starting a war. Every time.
    Is there a chance you'd do something about it? Because currently there is no point in subjugating countries, as they will rebel the very moment you attack anyone.
    I haven't tried it with this mod, but I found that this was always a possibility with satraps. In my experience they became more cooperative once their relations were good (preferably in the "very friendly" range). If you got them via subjugation after a long war, it can take many turns to change their opinion.

Kuroi's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by icerunner5326 View Post
    I haven't tried it with this mod, but I found that this was always a possibility with satraps. In my experience they became more cooperative once their relations were good (preferably in the "very friendly" range). If you got them via subjugation after a long war, it can take many turns to change their opinion.
    This is the problem, I subjugated the enemy only because I did not want to take the region, but at the same time I wanted that flank to be secure. I wanted to separate my own regions from potentially hostile barbarians. (I play as Macedon, I subjugated some barbarians just north of Danube river)

But I don't have time to bother with getting better relations with them, as I have further plans for world dominations and I want to execute them while my beloved Dimitrus Kalos, the heir of Alexander the Great is still alive. ^^