Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

Thx for the reply, Dresden. The problem is that they consider it a "broken treaty" AFAIK, giving you a penalty on your relations.
    Could you maybe change it so that freeing your client state is not considered a bad thing?

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

I am hesitant to make changes to any other tables with this mod because it is so wonderfully compatible with all other mods and patches.

However, I can make a submod that does this when I get some free time.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I'd be glad to see it. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who'd like an option to peacefully annex your satrapies.
    It was the most disturbing thing in the otherwise awesome Seleucid campaign - having to sabotage your own enemy to get the capital of a province you otherwise own.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.0 (updated)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I have been working on adding region trading but this seems to be hardcoded out (for now). There are multiple entries in the database that have to do with region trading, so the feature was obviously in originally but cancelled at some point.

Hopefully CA will be putting this feature in themselves, since all of the diplomatic keys and strings exist currently in the db.
    If you can manage it, I'd download a region trade mod in a second. Great work, Dresden.

Compatible with Patch 8.

Using steam version of this mod with Pontus but I run into an odd problem with sacking. I cannot move my armies away from the city post sack without laying seige again and retreating. Is this a feature of the sack option or something else?

Sounds like you got stuck in the city's region of control, it happens sometimes. Attack the city and then retreat.

Is this mod not included in divide et imperia? i dont see the 'same blood' icon or confederation options in diplomacy at all

The diplomatic options part is not in DeI. However, you can use it with DeI if you want.

I assume changing the cash amounts messes up compatability, But was wondering if you've thought about adding a cash bonus to raze. Seems kinda weird that you would capture a town and then burn it down without even checking to see if there's anything there worth taking.
    Last edited by Subcidal; January 10, 2014 at 02:07 AM.

Yeah, I have thought about changing the occupation option results. I could probably do it and make it mostly compatible, but it would probably be an optional version.

Dresden, does you're mod cause a factions client states to stop fighting with eachother? I noticed my client state would end war with a faction as soon as I turned they enemie faction into a client state, but now I trying Beta 9 without your mod and my client states and allies stay at war with each other.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

No, my mod simply adds the options it doesn't change how the options work in vanilla.

Dresden, I came across a problem. As Rome, Taking the rebel controlled city of Casurgis which had no garrison and then choosing to Liberate it resulted in game Crash, however taking it, occupying it before abandoning it so it rebelled resulting in the Boii reemerging worked fine.
    Last edited by Balbor; February 04, 2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

That is weird. Liberate is a basic game option (just for barbarians only in vanilla) so the bugs/mechanics are not something this mod affects. I am not sure how I would fix that specific issue.

Mark07040's Avatar Libertus

good mod man!

but can you make it so its a bit easyer to make confederations so i dont have to use cheat engie to make confederations

dude can u make a mod where the liberated faction can become your client state.so that we can levy units from them.it would make the game even more interesting

Seljuq Prince's Avatar Civis

Can barbarians subjucate a captured city with ths mod, Iam just curious and too lazy to find answer through the pages

Yes, they should be able to.

Do you know if its possible to add something along the lines of 'Annexation' to the game. As my empire expands I'm left with pockets of satraps dotted about and I don't really like the idea of having to go to war with them or use prolonged agent action to incite rebellion in the region.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director