Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.2 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/22/13)

Update v2.2:

Barbarian and Nomad factions can now Loot and Subjugate.
    Removed the test mod for Egypt, Pontus and Parthia as it affects their buildings and technologies to a large extent.
    Last edited by Dresden; October 22, 2013 at 05:12 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.2 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/22/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update v2.2:

Barbarian and Nomad factions can now Loot and Subjugate.
    Removed the test mod for Egypt, Pontus and Parthia as it affects their buildings and technologies to a large extent.
    I didn't see thos mod before.Thnx Dresden, this liberation option I dreamed of it !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Optio82's Avatar Foederatus

Love your mod!

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Liberation only works with a dead faction ? So it doesn't work if I just want to give back a city that my allies just lost ?
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Liberation requires that the faction already have been completely destroyed. Then, you can revive them if you conquer one of their original starting regions.

Currently region trading isn't moddable.

Noob question: can i run the harder confederation mod with one of the other diplomatic options files or are they mutually exclusive?

@XD.Dunedain the Harder Confederations mod is compatible with the other mods.

Also, if you use it please leave some feedback in case I need to adjust how hard it is to get confederations.

Hey Dresdan, i started a new Averni campaign to test it out.
    Basically the requirements have gone from if a blood brother is:
    In a war with a different culture -> will confederate, generally without gold
    Not in a war but surrounded by different culture -> will confederate if you are bigger and offer gold
    Not in a war and in contact with different culture -> will confederate with a lot of gold
    Not in a war and surrounded by blood brothers -> very difficult to confederate unless you are massively bigger

With the mod it's a bit harder :
    In a war with a different culture -> will confederate, if in trouble without gold, if doing ok will need gold
    Not in a war but surrounded by different culture -> will confederate if you are bigger and offer a lot of gold
    Not in a war and in contact with different culture -> very difficult to confederate unless you are massively bigger
    Not in a war and surrounded by blood brothers -> very difficult to confederate unless you are massively bigger

I don't think it's too hard, i wouldn't make it harder though.... ideally i think the best solution to making confederations not overpowering is making it so you pick up any wars the faction you are absorbing had going, or make it so you have to war with the same enemies before you can absorb them. But i don't think that's possible for modders is it?

@xD.Dunedain No, I don't think I can mod the way confederations operate on that level. Thank you for the detailed feedback, I really appreciate it. I will keep it the same for now I guess.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Really like this mod, and I am sorry that I had not seen this one before! a great addition to the "All In One" mod

Thanks Toon Your compilation looks to be really coming together well.

Is the mod multiplayer compatible?

If both players have the same version of the mod, it is multiplayer compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    If both players have the same version of the mod, it is multiplayer compatible.
    hmm we both have it running but only seems to work on single player, I'll do some investigation and get back to ya

Vanilla R2 didn't have these? Wow.
    You know we've come a LONG way from Rome 1 when we can resurrect a faction just like that.
    Thanks for the hard work, it is the (relatively) minor changes that usually matter the most.

Found that for your full mod the Africans and Arabs can't confederate.

made a minor change to allow it. use this if you need it.

1dresden_sack_liberate_dipl_mod.7z

if that isn't working you just need to add the following lines:

cultures_subcultures_confederation_summary_name_sc_rom_african_arabian - Arabian Confederacy

cultures_subcultures_confederation_screen_name_sc_rom_african_arabian - Arabian Confederacy

to the folders:

text - db- cultures_subcultures.loc -

'trix
    Last edited by versengeteriks; October 27, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

@versengeteriks Thanks for the find, I hadn't noticed that. Have you noticed any other anomalies using the mod? Once again thanks for the feedback.

will let you know if I find any

Jigggler's Avatar Libertus

Dresden i think maybe you should choose an image in order to present the mod at the workshop (Mod Manager image). Great Mod.

This mod should have an image, at least it does for me. Is yours not showing up?