Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.0 (updated)

+1 rep

been using this a while now and it works a treat.

Is it possible to change the options available between player and his vassal?

Id like to be able to offer confederation to my satrapies. Normally when I gain a satrapy they hate me a lot. but over time ive managed to get them to like me. At that point id like to be able to offer them full confederacy membership. is that possible to do?

'trix

@versengeteriks You have to cancel them as vassal or client state in order to offer confederation. I am not sure this is moddable currently, I will look into it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Naja View Post
    is there a way to edit the text so that I can change the word "satrapy" in the game to something else, like "vassal" for example?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to change the name of Satrapy to Vassal. That may change in the future with more mod tools.
    Open local_en.pack>text>db>uied_component_texts.loc and you find entries like 'Satrapy of', 'Subjugate||Depending on your cultural background, the conquered faction will become either a satrapy or client state of yours. All captives are enslaved.', 'Make Satrapy or Client State' etc. Changing those should do the trick

Thanks Dresden, this mod makes me finally play a campaign the way I always wanted to play since I started playing TW games!

Dresden i choose Sack, Liberation and all Diplomatic Options.
    Is save compatible?

So.. got this mod. Seems to work fine because I have the sacking option.. but I don't have any of the other options? I've gone with the "Sack, Liberation and All Diplomatic Options - All factions can sack, liberate, form confederations, make satrapies and make client states." one, but no options for any of them. Playing as Sparta.

It's not showing any of the other Greek factions as the same blood either.
    Last edited by Vor; October 16, 2013 at 04:10 AM.

First of all this is one of my favorite mods, great job Dresden!!

I've had similar issues with not all options, specifically Confederation, not being available at all times, actually I've only seen the option for Confederation when playing as Carthage asking Libya & New Carthago so maybe the option doesn't appear unless you have huge diplomatic friendliness w/the target (but not yet a Client/Satrapy.)

Other issue is if you have a Client or Satrapy that you want to try to Confederate - you break the Client/Satrapy and they take a huge diplomacy hit, don't want anything to do with you after that, hehe.

A suggestion: make Liberated factions become Satrapys instead of Military Allies so that they don't drag you into wars with your other allies.

@LEGIO_XXX ULPIA Yes it is save game compatible.

@Vor Are you using any other mods? You should be seeing all the options. Assuming you have other cultures of the same blood, you should see the icon immediately. If not, the mod may be conflicting with other mods.

@SpankyJenkins I have tried to change the way liberation works but I don't think it is currently moddable.

A mod really necessary. Add extra depth to the game, and many more options . However, my friends and I have decided to stop using the Dresden_Sack_LIberate_Dipl_Mod version of your mod, and change to the original version Dresden_Sack_LIberate_Mod. The reason is that the game becomes very easy for certain factions .

Macedonia, for example, with just a battle played, the taking Larissa of Epirus, in less than 10 turns, has 11 regions dominated by the confederation. Epirus accept nothing more to lose Larissa and all their armies, totally logical. However, in 3 turns more, Syracuse, the Illyrians Ardiaei and Daorsi, Pergamon, Rhodes, Knossos, Athens, Trapezus and Bicinia joined to the confederation for free or almost free. These factions were a bit weaker than Macedonia, although some were very similar in power. Syracuse might think that seeking support against Carthage, and the Illyrians against Rome, but even so it was too easy.

The amazing thing was when Sparta, with two complete armies of hoplites and not very friendly relations with Macedonia, in short, more powerful than Macedonia, sell your freedom for only 800 coins. All nonsense.

I know that you , with good reason, advise in some post that the best for your opinion, is the basic liberate and sack mod. I also see it more logical and realistic, and so each faction has a unique diplomacy. I think like you. But a friend of mine, who wants to play with the Confederations activated, asked me if you can raise the difficulty of factions to join the confederation. So could have the diplomatic option, but using this would be much more difficult. Maybe more people would like that option.

Another note. Pontus, Parthia and Egypt have no consanguinity with any faction. For Egypt and Pontus I suppose it is because of its political complexity, as Pontus is Greco - Persian, and Egypt is Greco - Egyptian, and they do not count as direct blood relatives of other factions. Is that the reason?

The rare case is Parthia, which I have not seen consanguinity with any faction, even with Parthava. If you can tell me the reason, out of curiosity, I appreciate this.

Thank you very much for your work!

Awesome been wanting to make a Greek Alliance/Empire for awhile was just going to edit units into whatever faction list I was using. This will greatly help in the immersion

@Maska

- I prefer the basic Sack & Liberate mod like you do. I like the different factions to have unique diplomatic options. But, it is a personal preference.

- The only effective way to make it harder to form confederations is to change a sub-culture's diplomatic relationship with others of its type. It would make it so that all diplomacy was harder with similar cultures, not just confederations. There is a value governing confederation requests, but I haven't had much success when changing it. I can try to look into it, however.

-The "same blood" option is based on sub-cultures, here is the list: sc_rom_african_arabian, sc_rom_barb_east, sc_rom_british, sc_rom_carthaginian, sc_rom_celtiberian, sc_rom_celtic, sc_rom_eastern, sc_rom_egyptian, sc_rom_gaul, sc_rom_germanic, sc_rom_greek, sc_rom_parthian, sc_rom_pontic, sc_rom_roman. Parthia, Pontus, and Egypt have their own subcultures and so cannot form confederations unfortunately. The only way to change this would be to change their subculture, which would be a large change.

Here is a quick mod I made that should make it harder to get confederations. It should be about as hard as getting a satrapy. Let me know how/if it works:

Confederations Harder Mod (Movie type)

I downloaded City Sack Mod from first post. I put the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Total War ROME II\data and I put ModManager as admin and and I pressed the Launch button, but after the black screen i have a game crash, how can i solve it?!

@mauc Are you using any other mods? Did you check the box next to City Sack Mod? Also, I know some people are currently having issues with Mod Manager. You may want to try the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @mauc Are you using any other mods? Did you check the box next to City Sack Mod? Also, I know some people are currently having issues with Mod Manager. You may want to try the movie version.
    yes i checked, and no, im not using other mods. Now i try with the movie version.

ps: i have dlc greek states

mov file work, thx for support

So If you "liberate" how relationship is going to be with the restored faction?

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    So.. got this mod. Seems to work fine because I have the sacking option.. but I don't have any of the other options? I've gone with the "Sack, Liberation and All Diplomatic Options - All factions can sack, liberate, form confederations, make satrapies and make client states." one, but no options for any of them. Playing as Sparta.
    Same problem here (I use Silven mod). Playing with Carthago, conquering Syracusae and I had the only option to make it client, then conquering Cosentia and Naples and no options displayed...
    Last edited by T-Duke; October 18, 2013 at 02:34 AM.

This mod is compatible with patch 5. Also, the 2 most popular versions are available on Steam Workshop.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.1 (patch 5 updated 10/19/13)

Update Notes v2.1:
    Added Seleucid and Baktria Diplomatic Options. Now both of those factions can take advantage of the various changes. They are Hellenic cultures and, therefore, can only confederate with other Hellenic cultures.