Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (Updated for Getae/Pirates DLC)

is the mod compitable with patch 14 mate....

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (Updated for Getae/Pirates DLC)

Yes patch 14 compatible

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi Master,

I have a edit question!

"Occupation Options

• Sacking a city gives you money and you don't take the city over. Buildings are damaged 25% and public order is lowered by 40 on the first turn and 15 (-1 per turn) afterward. The garrison and all captives are killed.
    • Looting a city gives you more money than sacking and you take the region over. Buildings are damaged 50% and public order is lowered by 70 on the first turn and 20 (-1 per turn) afterward. All captives are enslaved.
    • Razing a city destroys all the buildings other than the main city building (which is damaged). Public order is lowered by 55 on the first turn and 5 (-1 per turn) afterward. All captives are killed.
    • Liberating a city resurrects a destroyed faction when you are taking over one of their original starting regions and makes that faction your military ally. It lowers public order by 5 (-1 per turn) afterwards.
    • Subjugating a city makes that faction your satrapy if it was their last city."

How can edit the % of the diferents options of your mod with PFM???!!!

It can be "Dres_cai_personality_occupation_decision_priorities"?!?!

Ty and sorry for my bad english!!

Those are the vanilla settings. If you want to edit them you will find them in campaign_variables.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Dresden, I came across a problem. As Rome, Taking the rebel controlled city of Casurgis which had no garrison and then choosing to Liberate it resulted in game Crash, however taking it, occupying it before abandoning it so it rebelled resulting in the Boii reemerging worked fine.
    I'm pretty sure this issue isn't down to your mod, but your mod does help highlight some issue in Magnar mod. It would seem any faction trying to liberate the Boii cause the game to crash. When the player does it the game crashes the instant the Boii army appears in the settlement. Turning your mod off and allowing the ai turn to run before turning on with get through it (as the Boii aren't resurrected). I'm guessing that the game is looking for something that isn't there (possibly removed by magnar mod) such as a unit for its new army. Do you know where would be a good place it start looking?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Those are the vanilla settings. If you want to edit them you will find them in campaign_variables.
    ty master.

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (New Options for Seleucids, Nomads and Barbarians 10/27/13)

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    I'm pretty sure this issue isn't down to your mod, but your mod does help highlight some issue in Magnar mod. It would seem any faction trying to liberate the Boii cause the game to crash. When the player does it the game crashes the instant the Boii army appears in the settlement. Turning your mod off and allowing the ai turn to run before turning on with get through it (as the Boii aren't resurrected). I'm guessing that the game is looking for something that isn't there (possibly removed by magnar mod) such as a unit for its new army. Do you know where would be a good place it start looking?
    I think we've sorted it, the Boii didn't have any units assigned to them for the campaign.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Hi Dresden!

I´m trying to limit the options Barbarian factions have after besieging a city.
    My way, their expansion should be limited to subjugation of other factions as client states or satrapies, and forming confederations with those of the same subculture...
    Do you think it would be possible instead of conquering a region to force factions of the same subculture to join their confederation?
    Like this, let´s say a faction like the Suebi, can expand initially by forcing their neighboring German tribes to join their confederation, but afterwards are limited to subjugating other factions and sacking cities.
    Thus the constant formation of gigantic Averni or Suebi Empires controlling the whole of spain, further gaul or Thracia and Dacia, could be prevented...

My problem:
    I actually took your sack, liberation and diplomatic options mod as a guideline, I removed the options for Occupation and Raze from the rom_barbarian in culture_settlement_occupation_options and clicked can_make_vassals for the various barbarian subcultures in diplomatic_action_subculture_restrictions, but whenever i start a campaign as let´s say the Iceni, i can still raze enemy settlements and i cannot subjugate them as satrapies...

BTW i also use DEI, so maybe this has something to do with it, I´ll try deactivating it next time...

Edit:
    Ok it had to be all of these submods i forgot to turn off, it works perfectly fine with DEI
    Last edited by Maetharin; August 26, 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Great mod! One question:

is it possible to list which regions host the destroyed faction that would be liberated? I am trying to liberate a client state, but taking the region that they started as don't seem to give me the option, I am wondering if I am taking the correct region.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Is this compatible with beta patch 15 ?
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    Is this compatible with beta patch 15 ?
    It conflicts. I tried a new campaign with this mod enabled and it shows the old building upgrades rather than the new ones. Would love an update for this, clients are driving me crazy

It should be compatible with patch 15, nothing in this mod affects buildings or the startpos.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    It conflicts. I tried a new campaign with this mod enabled and it shows the old building upgrades rather than the new ones. Would love an update for this, clients are driving me crazy
    I get that when i load up a mod containing an old startpos file, check that non of your mods have there own startpos
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Can I ask something?
    There's a way to eliminate the tribal confederation?
    E.g. I have suebi and cheruschi from the same cultures that need to remain 2 different factions, but every time they do a confederation.. and this ruins all the gameplay..so that's my question, can I remove the "forming_confederation" options for Cheruschi and Suebi?

Yes you can edit the pack file and remove the germanic confederation option.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3 (Patch 15)

really thanks!!! ^^

So it's compatible with Emperor Edition?

Yes.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Is this still compatible with Radious?

Cant make satrapy with Macedon. Running DeI + Sack, Liberation and Client State/Satrapy Mod. Client states just you up with their , so would like to make them satrapys instead ...