Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

Default City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod v2.3

These are various mods giving all diplomatic and occupation options to all factions. Also available on Steam Workshop.

Mod Packs:
    Use the in-game Mod Manager to run.

City Sack Mod - All factions can sack settlements.
    Liberation Mod - All factions can liberate settlements.
    Sack and Liberation Mod - All factions can sack, liberate and loot settlements.
    Sack, Liberation and All Diplomatic Options - All factions can sack, liberate, loot, subjugate, form confederations, make satrapies and make client states.

Optional Mod: Confederations Harder to Achieve - This makes it harder to get confederations (about the same difficulty as getting a satrapy). Make sure to choose one of the above mods along with this one.

Installation Instructions

1. Download your choice of the mod.

2. Place whichever *.pack file you chose into your Rome2/data directory.

3. Use the in-game Mod Manager to run.

Mod Compatibility

This mod should be compatible with most mods (including Radious'). This mod should also work with the All Factions mod, allowing any faction to take advantage of these changes.

Should be compatible with any patch.

Occupation Options

• Sacking a city gives you money and you don't take the city over. Buildings are damaged 25% and public order is lowered by 40 on the first turn and 15 (-1 per turn) afterward. The garrison and all captives are killed.
    • Looting a city gives you more money than sacking and you take the region over. Buildings are damaged 50% and public order is lowered by 70 on the first turn and 20 (-1 per turn) afterward. All captives are enslaved.
    • Razing a city destroys all the buildings other than the main city building (which is damaged). Public order is lowered by 55 on the first turn and 5 (-1 per turn) afterward. All captives are killed.
    • Liberating a city resurrects a destroyed faction when you are taking over one of their original starting regions and makes that faction your military ally. It lowers public order by 5 (-1 per turn) afterwards.
    • Subjugating a city makes that faction your satrapy if it was their last city.

Diplomatic Options

• Confederating allows you to take over all of the regions and armies of a faction with the "same blood" (same subculture) as your faction. Some factions have their own subculture and, therefore, can't confederate (Egypt, Pontus and Parthia).
    • Client States are allies that are tied to you and can be commanded by you using war targets.
    • Satrapies are client states who cannot conduct their own diplomacy other than trade agreements.

Updates:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Update Notes v2.0:
    I added confederation and satrapy/client state options. There should be a mod option for everyone now, if not let me know. I also added Mod pack versions for those who prefer to use Mod Manager. If you prefer one of these newer versions, remember to delete the old version.

Update Notes v2.1:
    Added Seleucid and Baktria Diplomatic Options. Now both of those factions can take advantage of the various changes.

Update Notes v2.2:
    Barbarian and Nomad factions can now Loot and Subjugate.

Update 2.3 - Rolled back for now due to compatibility issues with overhaul mods.
    Increased the amount of money gained by Sacking a city.
    Slightly lowered public order penalty for Looting a city.
    Last edited by Dresden; July 26, 2018 at 03:45 PM.

Default Re: City Sack and Liberation Mod

Thanks mate appreciated

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

wow i want to hug you and then when you come in to hug me, kiss you on the mouth and not even be sorry about it

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    wow i want to hug you and then when you come in to hug me, kiss you on the mouth and not even be sorry about it
    You're welcome, despite (or maybe because of?) the awkward man-love.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

excellent, dont know why this feature was not included to all factions already. + Rep

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

this mod has really increased my enjoyment of my Egpyt campaign. Its a great way to give your satrapys regions. Go in, make a mess, leave the settlement with no defenses and guide your satrapy there.

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

+rep to that. i've been searching since i realised it awas not there, on how to mod this in, thx =) great work.

Langer Kerl's Avatar Decanus

Really nice. Finally I can seriously hurt my enemies without the burden of being stuck with their piss-poor territories.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Now if only we could give away settlements I'd be totally satisfied.

Enjoyed this (in coop with radious mods)

Last night, started a new athens campaign, 20 turns in, I had taken out eprius which left a big potentially deadly thorn at my side. Sparta.

I simply paid them 20000 to join my confederation, and sure enough i got sparta and its 3 massive armies for it

For the record, only reason i had a chance of doing this was because athens has pretty much good relations with all greek factions, I tried the same thing as rome with etruscans, no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Enjoyed this (in coop with radious mods)

Last night, started a new athens campaign, 20 turns in, I had taken out eprius which left a big potentially deadly thorn at my side. Sparta.

I simply paid them 20000 to join my confederation, and sure enough i got sparta and its 3 massive armies for it

For the record, only reason i had a chance of doing this was because athens has pretty much good relations with all greek factions, I tried the same thing as rome with etruscans, no luck
    This mod shouldn't actually give non-barbarian factions the option to confederate. You might be thinking of this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-vassal-mod

That mod I just linked makes it so that every faction can use client state, satrapy, and confederate (and can also liberate).

The mod I made above is just the option to sack or liberate for every faction. I can also make versions with confederate options if people are interested for various factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This mod shouldn't actually give non-barbarian factions the option to confederate. You might be thinking of this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-vassal-mod

That mod I just linked makes it so that every faction can use client state, satrapy, and confederate (and can also liberate).

The mod I made above is just the option to sack or liberate for every faction. I can also make versions with confederate options if people are interested for various factions.
    Can this be combined with that mod so that you have all options?

omg i was just looking to see how to do this

I updated the mod with options to have all factions use confederations or all factions use confederations, satrapies and client states.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options Mod (updated)

So now when we capture a city we get 5 options: sack, raze, loot, liberate and occupy; is that right? Is there a faction reemerges message when it is liberated?

Good collection of voices, I edged the files to stop all non barbarian factions from making confederations. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    So now when we capture a city we get 5 options: sack, raze, loot, liberate and occupy; is that right? Is there a faction reemerges message when it is liberated?

Good collection of voices, I edged the files to stop all non barbarian factions from making confederations. Good job.
    Yes, you get all 5 options. You won't get the liberate option if the faction hasn't been destroyed and/or it isn't one of their original regions. When they come back, you get the reemerge message.

I can add a mod that has client state/satrapies but no confederations. I wasn't sure if it was wanted.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM.

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

I can add a mod that has client state/satrapies but no confederations. I wasn't sure if it was wanted.
    that would be awesome if you could please

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just read my post again; iPhone auto correct always gets me In the vanilla game, what factions make confederations, I would prefer a version with only barbarians making them. I think satraps and client states should be for all factions though. Is this what you meant Dresden?

does this mod work if i change the pack type from movie to mod in the PFM

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Forming confederations only works with factions of the same culture right? So as Rome it'd only work with the Etruscans?

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast